“Loved it - hated it”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Montreal
“Loved it - hated it”
Reviewed July 25, 2008

I loved my first meal at Thandi's so much so that I went straight back for lunch next day too. The lunch was SUCH a big disappointment :( the food so oily. Left me wondering if its even ethical to serve that oily/greasy food. The second day disaster was fried paneer- cottage cheese chunks with vegetables. It was so oily that i had to leave it as is.
The first day we went for dal makhni, saag paneer and lamb curry. That was totally out of the world :)

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Best steak I have had in...”
Reviewed July 19, 2008

Best steak I have had in a very long time....excellent service....kind of pricy but well worth it!!!!!!!!!!

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Montreal
“Great place! Loved the food. Deep fried are not my fav's so I goofed up there But besides the deep frys - it wz great!”
Reviewed July 18, 2008

Seattle
“Great menu but....ouch!”
Reviewed June 24, 2008

Saint John is always a challenge to say the least. I am here on business as there is a headquarters I am visiting to do some business. As I walked down the street my eye caught the yellow very cool sign for Thandi where it said East Meets West. Wow, I walked in and it is a great looking place with dark wood, two floors, light and a great looking bar all with a PJ Clarks almost feel. The menu was truly unique with Indian food, curries, wok style asian and a steak menu; again very nice and it took me time to decide Indian versus Asian versus American. I ordered a Grey Goose martini super dry two olives. It came not-dry but ok (I found out afterwards that the $15.50 martini was actually Smirnoff, they don't carry any other vodkas (a deal of some sort). I ordered the Seafood Stirfry (muscles, shrimp, scallops and stuff) on dry noodles; it really sounded great. The bartender who served and was nice, delivered some typical pita (naan) bread with a small cup of yogurt type dip (good) and took the order.

The stirfry was a total disappointment. When she asked how it is I told her it was basically a plate of "salt" and that she would do the chef/cook a favor to tell him to cool the salt, she did not really register it and said it was the oyster sauce and walked away. The stirfry was $24.00, had some seafood in there but mostly dry noodles, goodles of dry noodles over a very very oily mess of stuff. I picked the seafood and some mushrooms out of the mess and called it dinner. When she took the plate full of food away she did not register that maybe something didn't go right. Bottomline; they cannot deliver on that menu, at least on Tuesday night.

Well, to close this up, the price was high the quality low - too much oil,grease, overcooked and just not at all up to par considering the "menu". Darn. I will not return and I suggest you steer clear unless you just want a quick drink and snack.

11 Thank dg3225