“Very Nice Dinner at Thandi's”
Review of Thandi

Thandi
Ranked #2 of 244 Restaurants in Saint John
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 24, 2013

My husband and I joined a friend for dinner at Thandi's this past Sunday night. Our guest was from out of town, and he liked it too.....

My husband had the ribs, I had a very nice beef and mushroom dish which was extremely good, and our guest had curry. We all enjoyed our meals and everyone else's plates also looked great.

Service was excellent.

I would love to have that beef dish again tonight!!!

There are newer reviews for Thandi

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Saint John is a very Nice City, very South of New Brunswick.
Walking the charming streets we 'met' this restaurant.
When you enter it, you immédiately are under the charm of the building which has been well restored. Whether you wanna have a drink at the bar in the entrance or a meal, it´s a Nice trendy place to go!
We had a light starter and 2 different curries. The staff was very helpfull and professionnal.
Curries served either with rice or better with Indian bread were delicious and tasty. It was served in quantity.
There are different options for the wine but nevertheless as usual in most of NB if you want a good one it could really be expensive.
We really enjoyed the ambiance and the mixt between ancient and modernity.
We ´ll visit it again.

2  Thank Jepial
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I hadn't been to Thandi's in quite a few years and had forgotten how great the environment was. The menu items they had for the evening specific to Valentines day were all amazing. my husband and I got the same choices, curry chicken with veggies and dessert was strawberry shortcake, and it was fantastic. We ate in the down stairs area which seemed even more romantic for the occasion as it was quite busy upstairs.

Our server was great and very responsive, checking up on us as expected for drink refills.

This is a great restaurant for couples.. Enjoy!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

If you are craving authentic indian food with aromatic spice this is not the best served.

Beyond a little fresh coriander topping, there was less flavour change between several dishes that traditionally are very different in both taste and color.

One of the servers suggested the Pad Thai may also be different than one's expectation of traditional Pad Thai. Good to know. And the dishes are very pricey, although decent naan bread and poor quality rice are included.

Nice touch, Singha Thai beer, friendly waitress and nice ambiance.

2  Thank jocosa
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised with the legitimacy of the food at Thandi's as I honestly didn't expect much in Saint John. We walked in to a delightful aroma and nice decor. Our server was polite and informative but lacked enthusiasm. I had the lamb vindaloo and my friend had the pad Thai and both were delicious. My friend found her dish quite spicy and wished there was an option to choose the level of heat. Mine was spicy and full of flavour as described. Portions were enough to fill us and have enough left over for lunch. The only thing I would have liked was some sort of veg on the plate for texture and freshness. Worth a visit if you're in SJ and up for some authentic Asian food.