“Elegant and great location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chipman Hill Suites

and 1 more site!
Ranked #1 of 16 Saint John B&B and Inns
Halifax, Canada
“Elegant and great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

I came to St John for the Leonard Cohen concert. Chipman Hill Suites was recommended to me as a good central location but as soon as I stepped into the beautifully appointed room I was so delighted. Besides being impeccably clean the room is pretty, with wonderful light and a warm elegance. It is also a great location and the price was very reasonable. I would highly recommend this wonderful place.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
chipmanh, Owner at Chipman Hill Suites, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Valued Guest, Catherine, from Halifax;

Thank you so very kindly for choosing to stay with us here at Chipman Hill Suites while you were in town for the Leonard Cohen concert, which I would have SO liked to attend!!

Your lovely comments about your room, especially the "impeccable cleanliness" and the excellent light were so much appreciated. Our great housekeeping staff work very hard to ensure that all areas of all our guest rooms (even the areas people don't usually see) are just spotless at all times. It is so gratifying when this is recognized! Thank you for noticing.

We are all so pleased to have read your fabulous review, and we thank you for your business and hope that you will stay with us again on your next visit to historic Saint John.

Chipman Hill Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

Stayed here while working on a tech project for JD Irving. Truly a home away from home. Very comfortable, clean & quiet rooms at great bargain prices. The staff very accomodating and service was excellent. I really enjoyed my stay @ chipman hills & will definitely recommend this place to anyone.

- Ehije Uduehi (Toronto, Ontario)

Room Tip: fitness center and/or swimming facilities are not available in all locations.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest from Toronto;

Thank you very much for taking time to review us here on TripAdvisor. We are truly delighted to host our guests from JDI, and so pleased that you titled your review "Best Bang for your Buck" as that is exactly what we wish to be.

A great price is very important, and your kind comments about our staff and our amenities made your review even better.

We thank you very much for your business, your kind wishes and your lovely review.

Chipman Hill suites
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stayed at 9 Chipman Hill for close to 8 months.

Each month I'd spend 3 weeks in Saint John, and then one week in Halifax. The monthly rate worked out best for my situation it meant I didn't have to switch rooms every time I went to Halifax.

I'd recommend Chipman Hill Suites to anyone visiting Saint John for business - short or long term.

From the start the staff made me feel welcome, and accommodated my every need. The rooms are comfortable and clean, and come with a weekly cleaning service that is second to none. If and when I come back to Saint John I'm definitely booking in with them again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear Valued Guest, Colin, from Halifax;

We were so happy to have you stay at Chipman Hill Suites for the better part of the past eight months. You are so right! If you are staying more than half of the time, each month, it is both less expensive and more convenient to rent monthly, which we are very happy to do. It is great to be able to go home and return without packing, unpacking and repacking.........You might be surprised at how many of our very regular guests do keep a suite on a monthly basis as you did.

Thank you so much for the very kind comments in your review. We were so pleased to have you and will always be happy to welcome you back, for a night, a week, a month.........or even eight months like this time!!

Thanks again for your business.

Saint John, NB
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

I had worked with Susan and Chipman Hill Suites in a business capacity many years ago and remembered the wonderful comments that I received in feedback about Chipman Hill Suites, the comfort and peace that they offer. In the midst of a very chaotic time in my life, I decided I needed an escape to just cocoon myself for a day so no one could get at me and get my thoughts and self back in order and chose Chipman Hill Suites to do this.

I knew I wanted a whirlpool tub and to try out what In had been told was the most comfortable and heavenly beds EVER. I was in the Penthouse Suite at 5 Chipman Hill and it was mind boggling. Plenty of room to pace when I had the need, lovely work area for me to deal with a few matters that arose while there and comforting, warm decorations and furniture. A place directly out of one of those dream houses/bathrooms shows!The whirlpool tub was spectacular! Beyond my thoughts of what a whirlpool tub could do! After going 3 years with only a shower, this was pure bliss! The bed was indeed the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. Just like I would imagine sleeping on a cloud would be like. The most delightful surprise of all however was waiting in the shower. It was a two-headed shower!! For the first time ever, I wasn't cold while taking one!! Truly exquisite.It was better than ANY spa experience I've ever had and I know EXACTLY where I'm going to go for my next "spa day"! :)

Chipman Hill and their staff were wonderful. They accommodated my request for an early check in and the process to do everything from booking to the self-check in and out was smooth and easy. Stress-free all the way. The building was lovely and quiet, even in the midst of the busy uptown core. It was EXACTLY what I needed to calm and collect.

I can not recommend Chipman Hill Suites enough. I had people tell me that before and it took me around 10 years to finally try them and all I can say is that you have to see it to believe it and try it for yourself to truly understand and enjoy it!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear Terri-Lynn;

Thank you for (finally) choosing Chipman Hill Suites for your recent "Me-Day"......

We were so pleased that we had our penthouse at 5 Chipman Hill available for you, and even more pleased that you enjoyed it so much.

The therapeutic value of a long soak in a whirlpool tub (hopefully with a glass of wine and a good book beside you) can not be overstated........

Our beds ARE great, and we are so happy that you agree!

We hope that you will come back and have a "me-day" again soon.

Thank you for your wonderful and detailed review. We appreciate it very much!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Always excellent service and accommodations. If your are able to stay in one of the Penthouses, please do! Super clean, close to everything including food, shopping, spa etc. The atmosphere is amazing, feels like home, away from home, yet totally different.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Valued Repeat Guest from Saint John;

We are always happy when we book a "Stacation" for you and your wife. The value of romance cannot be overstated.

Thank you for consistently choosing Chipman Hill Suites for your romantic getaways and for taking time to write us such a lovely review of the Penthouse where you stayed.

We look forward to welcoming you both back soon!

Saint John, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

Our story is a little different. We recently suffered the devastation of losing most of our belongings in a house fire. Our family was separated and our dogs were in a kennel while we desperately tried to find a place to stay where we and our pets would be accepted. Our adjuster made a call to Chipman Hill and they welcomed all of us with open arms. Not only is the property absolutely lovely....the staff have gone out of their way to ensure that we had everything we needed. The warmth...kindness and welcome that we have received from Chipman Hill has certainly been a light during a difficult time. We could not ask for more beautiful surroundings while our home is being rebuilt.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
chipmanh, Owner at Chipman Hill Suites, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Valued Guest, Lisa, From Saint John;

We are SO very sorry that you lost your home/belongings in a fire, and SO pleased to be able to have you and your beautiful dogs stay here at Chipman Hill Suites while you get your life and your home back together.

We very much appreciate your taking time to write us such a lovely review, and we are at your service at ANY time if there is ANYTHING we can do to make your life a little easier at this very stressful time.

All the best always.

quispamsis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

We recently had an overnight stay at the Chipman Hill Suites on Union Street in Saint John.
The booking was part of a Valentines night package that I purchased as a treat for my valentine of 25 years now.

I was impressed with the value and flexibility of the package, having requested a slight change to the package, which Chipman Hill accommodated without any fuss or extra cost.

The building is right downtown, so within walking distance of all the best bars and dining in the city.

When we arrived at the room we were delighted at how beautifully the room had been dressed with rose petals and heart shapes in every corner and surface.

A special package of chocolates and other treats were left on the table and bottle of Champagne chilling in the fringe.

GREAT room. GREAT value GREAT attention to detail!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
chipmanh, Owner at Chipman Hill Suites, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear Valued Guest from Quispamsis;

Thank you so much for choosing Chipman Hill Suites to celebrate Valentines with your special Valentine of 25 years! We are honoured to have been a part of your romantic stay here in uptown Saint John.

We all really enjoy getting ready for romance here at Chipman Hill Suites. The entire housekeeping and front office staff get together to plan and prepare for our special romantic packages. It is a great pleasure for all of us to get our rooms into the romantic mode.

Your kind description and picture here on Tripadvisor are very much appreciate by all of us.

Thank you so much for choosing Chipman Hill Suites for Valentines this year! I hope you will stay with us again soon!