“Clean, Cozy, Comfortable” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 16 Saint John B&B and Inns
Kingston, Canada
“Clean, Cozy, Comfortable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

We stayed here during the snowstorm last weekend, and it turned out to be a fantastic little vacation. The room was clean, bright, and spacious with a great kitchen. The location right uptown can't be beat. You're close to the best Saint John has to offer. It's the perfect place to set up shop during a storm, or any other time. Can't wait to come back!

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ryan K
chipmanh, Owner at Chipman Hill Suites, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear Valued Guests from Kingston;

Thank you for writing such a great review for us on TripAdvisor. We very much appreciate your taking the time to do so.

It is really fun to be uptown during a snowstorm, and being able to go to the City Market (or bring in food you have brought from home to prepare) and have your own kitchen right in your suite so that you don't have to go out whilst the snow swirls around the Victorian streets.....

It is also great fun to park your car and walk to a wonderful restaurant, and have a great meal with an extra glass (or two) of wine.....and then bundle yourself back up to walk back to your suite......

Regardless of how you spent your time, we are SO thrilled that you chose to spend it with us, and thank you so very much.

We all appreciate your business and the time you took to write us this review.

Chipman Hill Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
Saint John
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

I stayed at Chipman Hill in December so that I would not have to travel after a party and loved it so much, I booked again in January for a "me day" and hope to continue to treat myself to a day away again soon because the rooms are very affordable on top of being comfortable. Beautiful and luxurious as well as convenient and quiet, it is a perfect combination for work and play. The buildings are immaculate and the reservation staff were very helpful and accommodating for my needs of an early check in. Thank you Susan and the rest of the staff at Chipman Hill Suites for being just what I needed and I will be calling you to book again very soon!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest, Leslee, from Saint John;

How wonderful that you have once again chosen to stay at Chipman Hill Suites, this time for a "me day". There is a lot to be said for a "me day", and I am glad that you took one here at Chipman Hill Suites.

Thank you for your kind compliments about our buildings, our suites, our business and our staff. We are here to serve you whenever you need us and we very much appreciate your repeated selection of Chipman Hill Suites for your uptown accommodation needs.

We are very grateful for you taking the time to write us this great review. THANK YOU, and we hope to see you again soon.

Barrhead, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

Well......I arrived here last night in St.John NB....and when i arrived at my hotel and entered I was greatly surprised at what I was receiving upon entrance of my room.....if you want to stay at a hotel that is like home...you MUST come to ChipmanHills Suites!!!!! You will feel as though you have never left home.
Location first and foremost...you are about a 5 minute walk to the shops.Very handy!!
When you enter into the hotel you are greeted by great rooms of awesome decor.It took me quite a few minutes to even go to my room due to the decor and beautiful antique furniture.i found it breath taking to my eyes to be staying at such a beautiful and well decorated cozy hotel.
once i got passed the lobby I finally entered my room and to my surprise...all i could say was ...WOW....and "thank you Lord" for such a beautifl room.The first room upon entrance is a lil dining room/ kitchen..complete with fridge desk for your pc...also a tv in kitchen and in bedroom.The bedroom is beautifully decorated and the beds are huge and sooo comfy.
It is very quiet and very clean hotel.
The service here is more then exceptional!!!!!They really go out of their way to make sure your stay here is a happy one!!!
I can not say enough about this hotel,,,you will have the most wonderful experience here.
St John is awaiting a bad storm and the owners were decent enough to even forwarn you by email with an update about this storm.
I would rate this hotel with 5 plus stars.......

Room Tip: I would think any room you stay in is awesome!!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Linda D D
chipmanh, Owner at Chipman Hill Suites, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest, Linda, From Alberta;

Thank you VERY much for choosing Chipman Hill Suites for your stay here in historic Saint John.

Reading the title of your review made me smile! We LOVE it when we "wow" people. We strive to give great "bang for the buck" and are always thrilled when someone feels that they are getting a five star property for a three star price. THANKS for your wonderful comments, which will be shared with all our staff.

We are very happy to have been a part of your experience here in Saint John and we hope that you have enjoyed all aspects of your stay. (Sorry about the blizzard, though!)

Quispamsis, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

My house was effected by the wind storm. Power company that we may not have power until Monday. They offered great place to stay for my family, they have fully equipped rooms so we were able to cook meals and wash some clothes. Great suite close to uptown and work.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
chipmanh, Owner at Chipman Hill Suites, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Dear Valued Guest from Quispamsis;

Thank you for taking time to write us this lovely review, especially while you are with us, displaced from your home due to the power outages this week/weekend.

I am so glad that you found us to be a suitable home-away-from-home, albeit not one you were seeking, and were able to make a home cooked meal, and get your laundry caught up!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and I hope that you can get back home soon.

All the best to you and your family at this challenging time!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

Due to a contract offer from a local Saint John company, I arrived from Ontario and I used the Chipman Hill Suites in Uptown Saint John from August 2012 to January 2013.
Even before I arrived in Saint John, NB., I made arrangements over the phone with Chipman Hill Suites Administrative staff and my apartment was ready upon my arrival. I was impressed with the Administrators promptness following up on my behalf for parking permits and the service crew has always been available to follow-up with any requests and delivered with flying colours. I have been very satisfied with the service, prompt attention of the staff and cleanliness of the premises.
I would unequivocally recommend, if you are traveling to Saint John, to call in advance Chipman Hill Suites and I am certain that your stay in this great city will be a great one!
With best regards,
Bob Sachsenidis
Toronto, ON.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest, Bob, From Toronto;

Thank you so very much for taking time to review us here on Tripadvisor. We very much appreciate your high marks and very kind comments about our staff and the service you received during the several months that you stayed with us here at Chipman Hill Suites.

We strive daily to look after any and all guest requests, and always appreciate a pat on the back when we have done a good job! Thank you!

We truly appreciate your wonderful recommendation of Chipman Hill Suites and we hope that you will find yourself in Saint John again in the future!

Thank you for your business. We truly appreciate it.

Regina, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

My husband and I are touring Saint John and area in the Sept. After perusing tripadvisor about where to stay, the choice was obvious. Chipman Hill Suites came out on top for quality, comfort and price. I emailed to inquire about renting a suite that would meet our particular needs and was told by Marilyn she would personally see that our requests would be met. How wonderful! However, the best was yet to come. I received an email the following day from Susan, also an employee, asking me if she could assist us by designing a day-by-day list of attractions that we shouldn't miss while in the area. To my amazement and gratitude she composed a daily list of things that we should see and experience both in Saint John and in the vicinity, how to get there and amazingly enough, suggestions about good places to grab a quick lunch or breakfast, even fine dining. All of this was tailored to us and our few days stay! Needless to say, I feel very special and we cannot wait for our adventure to begin! Thank you Marilyn and Susan for the royal treatment. I will certainly write "part 2" of our experience once we return home. There aren't many people who would give that extra effort ensuring a happy trip to a stranger.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
chipmanh, Owner at Chipman Hill Suites, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Soon-To-Be-A-Guest from Regina;

Thank you so very much for your glowing review.......and you haven't even met us yet!! I must say that we have very few guests from Saskatchewan, so we will be very pleased to have you come and stay.

I have been thinking about getting a map of the world to put in our office, and putting pins in it to show where our guests have come from, and I must get this done!!

All of that being said, I have very much enjoyed advising you on where to go and what to see while you are here in our area. My husband and I are road-warriors and are on the go a lot for day trips, especially with visitors in the summertime, so I am very happy to tell you where I go with my personal visitors so that you can see the same things, as though you were a local.

As I am sure you know, there are "tourist" spots and then there are the "off the beaten track" kind of places that usually only the locals know about. Anyone can find the well advertised places, but I like to suggest some of the less well known spots to see and places to dine to our
Chipman Hill Suites guests. Nobody really wants a "beige" vacation.

All of the staff here at Chipman Hill Suites join me in wishing you a WONDERFUL trip to our area, and thank you for choosing Chipman Hill Suites for your accommodations. I LOVE playing "tour advisor" for people planning a trip here. Thanks for the opportunity to tell you about our area.

Fredericton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

I recently stayed at 71 Sydney Street with a group of my friends. This was my third visit and each experience has been wonderful. The private suites are so roomy - with large comfortable beds - a kitchenette with a fridge to keep our wine cold and a stove top and microwave to heat up our h'ordeurves. The washrooms are nice and bright with lots of hot water and nice plush towels for your comfort. The parlors offered lots of space for spending quiet times chatting with friends or ringing in the New Year with lots of family and friends. The cabinets are filled with beautiful glasses and dishes that are there for all to use. Once we parked our vehicles in the driveway it wasn't necessary to start them again - we were in close proximaty to everything. We walked to the Harbour Station, Market Square, Restaurants, bars and the Theatre. There was even a convenience store right across the street. The Chipman Hill Suites Staff were amazing - they did everything they possibly could to ensure that our stay was wonderful - and wonderful it was! Each time we have visited we have met wonderful people, who were enjoying their accommodations as much as we were. On our last visit we met a couple from Belgium who were also making 71 Sydney Street, their home away from home - we had a wonderful time with them - they have since gone back to Belgium but we will remain friends for many years to come. I am looking forward to our next visit to Chipman Hill Suites. Thank you Marilyn E-C

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
chipmanh, Owner at Chipman Hill Suites, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Valued Guest from Fredericton;

Thank you so very much for your wonderful review. We very much appreciate you and many of your fellow Fredericton residents for coming to stay here with us in Saint John. It is wonderful to hear that you always have a great time in Saint John and while staying at Chipman Hill Suites.

All of our 12 buildings are centrally located and you can walk most anywhere that you want to go in the uptown. There are several new restaurants popping up around town, as well, for you to try on your next visit.

My husband and I have often met people on vacation and kept in touch with them. I am glad that this happened to you as well.

Finally, thank you again for your kind comments about our building and our staff and our GREAT towels. We buy the absolute best towels that we can find "Imperial" is the name of the model, and we truly think they are great. We have lots of comments about our great beds, but not many specifically about our towels, so I really appreciate that!

We hope you will stay with us again soon and once again, THANK YOU for your wonderful review and all the best to you in this new year!