“Best sushi restaurant we’ve been to!”
Review of Kanpai Izakaya

Kanpai Izakaya
Ranked #29 of 303 Restaurants in Moncton
Reviewed March 21, 2019 via mobile

Sad I didn’t think to get some pics, but everything was so delicious we dug in quickly!
The restaurant is clean and has a warm authentic feeling. Service was INCREDIBLE and friendly!
For food we ordered several dishes to share, none of them disappointed. We had Tuna, squid, tempura shrimp, a seafood and pork belly soup and a platter of sushi. Everything was well presented and full of flavor. Their menu is extensive with many options we hope to come back and try more!

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed February 9, 2019 via mobile

Surprisingly this was our first visit as it has been open for about 4 years. My wife and I have been to many restaurants in and around Moncton, and we were more than satisfied with both the food and service. Excellent food and we will definitely return.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed October 29, 2018 via mobile

The first time I ate here, I was really disappointed. This time was much better.

The music is still much too loud for a lunch visit when there is only 3 tables and the service is still just OK, but the food is great.

I had a terriakyi salmon bento box. Full of flavour.

I wouldn't bring clients here as it's way too loud to talk. I'd come again by myself or with some friends.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed October 28, 2018 via mobile

Whether it be for lunch or for dinner, alone or with a group, kanpai always serves the best food and drinks. Service is quick and very friendly, and the food is the best in terms of both flavour and value in all of Moncton.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed September 7, 2018 via mobile

I have been coming since the opening. From slow nights to busy nights. I never leave disappointed. It's a great place to eat, and hangout. I love the different styles of music every time, and the amazing servers + kitchen staff! Best food in town, obsessed with the Kanpai don and the Kimchi poutine. Must try. I recommend to anyone who likes trying new foods. This restaurant has a unique restaurant vibe. Super cozy in the winter and perfect in the summer with the big side doors open. I recommend to all of my friends and family. Cheers!

Date of visit: July 2018