“Dying for good Korean food”
Review of Kanpai Izakaya

Kanpai Izakaya
Ranked #28 of 286 Restaurants in Moncton
Reviewed August 24, 2018 via mobile

Highlights: good food, friendly service, free parking around the corner, it looks nice inside.

Feedback: just close both front ‘windows’ it was quit cold that day. It would be nice you get some more explanations for some dishes.
Soju tastes like a sort of Jenever.

We were with two and wanted to test as much as possible so we did, see pictures and more :)

Price - quality is balanced.

Reviewed August 5, 2018

We were tired of having seafood and wanted Asian food for a change, so we decided to try this place (plus it was close to our hotel).

It is not hard to find but the entrance was a bit elusive (located at the side of the building).
We went on a Monday night and it was not very busy.

We tried to order the tonkotsu ramen noodle soup but they ran out.

We ordered two mains (the ribs - BBQ Kalbi and the teriyaki chicken) - both were okay - but I was surprised that it did not come with rice (?).

We really enjoyed the sashimi salad, it was refreshing and perfectly seasoned.

The sushi rolls were fresh and tasty (and the portion was decent).

The California Don - was delicious - the portion did not look very generous but it was quite filling.

The decor was nice - typical of what an izakaya looks like.

Surprisingly - there was only one other table there when we were dining.

I was a bit disappointed that they ran out of ramen - and the menu was not the same as what is posted on the website (was looking forward to ordering the seafood pancake or some beef tataki).

If you are looking for some decent Japanese or Korean meal - I would give this place a try.

Reviewed August 2, 2018

This place is a hidden gem! Their daily lunch special is unbeatable! The lunch starts at $10 for a bento box which is absolutely amazing and always delicious!

Reviewed July 23, 2018 via mobile

I've been going here for at least 2 years now. I have to say it is my favorite restaurant in Moncton by far, service is always excellent, I always feel welcomed when i walk in , the food's great! Love the atmosphere of the place. Prices are good to! Great place to go with friends.

Reviewed July 18, 2018 via mobile

This place is as close as it gets to the real thing! Went to Japan many times and I was really impressed with the quality and authenticity of their meals. Nice fusion twist of Korean cuisine as well in some of their dishes. Really affordable! I recommend it!