“Strange breakfast buffet options”
Review of McGinnis Landing - CLOSED

McGinnis Landing
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Moncton, Canada
“Strange breakfast buffet options”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We went to Sunday breakfast buffet and were surprised by a strange requirement. There were plenty of choices and the food was good but we were surprised to learn from our waitress that if you wanted bacon or toast, you had to order it seperately from her. Therefore, you either had to order it right away and wait until it arrived before getting the rest of your food or if you got your other things right away, you were done by the time the bacon and toast arrived. They only seem to cook these on demand which we found very strange for a breakfast buffet.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Luv2travel_RS

Richmond, Virginia
“A disappointing experience”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I was in town to see my daughter and her family. None of us had been here, but it's in the same complex with a children's amusement area so we knew it would be child friendly for her 3 & 5 year olds. My daughter's rib's and wings was very good. Her husband had some kind of pasta parmesan dish which he said was good, I had the English Style Fish and Chips...nice pieces of haddock but it wasn't even close to "english style". It was thickly breaded and a bit too greasy for my taste. The kids both had pizza and that's when the dinner really went downhill. The plates were placed in front of the children with no warning and the pizza was obviously straight from the oven. We caught the oldest but the youngest picked the layer of cheese and pepperoni, and burned his hand. He screamed, we wiped off the sauce and put his hand in an ice water, but the damage was done. Our server brought over a pitcher of cold water and another server showed up with some ice and burn spray and they went to the bathroom to tend to the burn, but the damage was done and our dinner out was pretty much ruined. Our server said she felt bad for my grandson since he was happy and dancing when we arrived and crying when we left, but never apologized. It was a pity since we liked the atmosphere but my daughter will never return since they could have warned us how hot the "children's" pizza might be or placed them initially in front of one of the adults to cool first and I found our server to be insincere. None of us will ever return.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank phil753
Riverview, New Brunswick, Canada
“Sunday Buffet still a great value”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

My wife and I joined a group of friends to celebrate the Christmas season by going to McGinnis Landings Sunday Buffet. We hadn't been there for awhile and it is still an excellent value. There is a good mix of breakfast items, lunch items, seafood, made to order omelettes, chowders and, of course, dessert. The server did an excellent job looking after the 20+ of us and everyone had a great time.

• Visited December 2013
Kingston, Canada
“Another great place to eat”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

There's not much more to say than has already been said in the title.

We went here with family and friends. Had a great meal, good service. Will eat here again the next time we visit Moncton.

• Visited November 2013
nova scotia
“Another Great Meal”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Hi there, we have been to this restaurant about 3 times because we're out of province visitors but everytime we come to NB we make reservations here . There was a party of 7 of us including 3 kids and everyone was satisfied. The service was great and it didn't take long to receive our meal . Not very often I give a rating 10/10 in a restaurant but this was very good and will definitely come back . I don't know if they serve brunch we always just come for supper .

• Visited October 2013