“Not as good as expected”
Review of McGinnis Landing - CLOSED

McGinnis Landing
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Troopers82
“Not as good as expected”
Reviewed June 9, 2012

I love this restaurant in Fredericton so was excited to go in Moncton. We were a little put off that it was inside Crystal Palace. The food was good, but not amazing. My husband was still hungry when we left.

2 Thank Troopers82

lizza13
“Excellent food, fairly pricey, service was so-so”
Reviewed June 2, 2012

Reserve in advance, try to get a seat in the dining room, not the bar, so not order Dessert.. WAY TOO EXPENSIVE

Visited May 2012
lizza13
“Excellent food, fairly pricey, service was so-so”
Reviewed June 2, 2012

We decided last minute to go to this restaurant because we have been here a few times in the past and the food is always excellent.. this time was no different. I had the Thai Chicken Wrap, two other people with me had the quesidillas, three had the ribs and wings, one had the seafood chowder and one had the seafood pasta... all very good, would order again.
Service was awful. Now, the hostess was great, she was able to find us two tables, four each, so we couldn't sit together, but we didn't have a reservation, so that's acceptable because of the situation.
Service itself, very very slow. it took 30+ minutes to get appetizers and the entres came 2 minutes afterwards, so didn't even get a chance to take more than 2 bites. None of the plates at either tables were cleared, so at the end, full and stacked all over the tables.
She brought us our bills before asking if we wanted desserts, and the bills were all wrong.

On another note, the desserts are ridiculously expensive!

If you want a good seat, reserve in advance.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank lizza13
Moncton, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food and friendly staff”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Our waitress was very nice and was great with our 3 year old. Our supper was very good and worth every cent. We did wait awhile for our room service breakfast but it was a Sunday morning and I can imagine very busy in the restaurant. When the food came it was extremely good though!

Visited December 2011
Moncton
“Better breakfast than one of the best Halifax hotels”
Reviewed April 30, 2012

I used this restaurant for room service while staying at the associated Ramada Hotel. I only ate from the breakfast menu so I can't say anything about the rest of the menu or the restaurant itself.

The room service, however, was good value for the money. I spent $50 for two breakfasts in Halifax and was disappointed with the presentation and the quality of their food, including their tiny freezer croissants.

McGinnis is not only affordable but their room service food is well prepared and presented. They had fruit garnish while the top rated used no garnish. The cheese was melter while the cheese in the Halifax omelette wasn't even warm.

I should also mention that their service was prompt and friendly, despite the fact that the restaurant was busy.

McGinnis didn't pretend to offer four star food nor do they charge four star prices. Maybe my expectations were not set too high but I was pleasantly surprised. Their food, while not outstanding is certainly good value. .

Visited April 2012