“I’ll pay this forward. ”

Calactus Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 305 Restaurants in Moncton
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed May 31, 2019 via mobile

The worst part of this visit is the need for me to drive 2 days and cross 1 time zone to get here. Absolutely flawless on all points, more than excellent setting, ambience and food. Great drinks, great staff...and thanks to my buddy Ross for the recommendation.

We had the Big Marc burger than was on special today. Came with a desert and soup, $23. Wow! The soup was red pepper, I tasted sweet potatoes, but in fairness, I think the server Mario mentioned that. The desert was apple cranberry crumble. Knock out! I normally avoid cranberries because I need them to be sweetened so much to lose the flavour. I’m a convert.

We also had the half mushroom pizza and half beet goat salad. What a great choice. Add ginger lemonade and a sangria and everyone is happy.

This place is perfect and I’m sorry I’m only in town for 2 days. Highly and will frequently recommend. I’m not detached enough to know this may be a different kind of crowd...not the usual burger and fries gastronomic brutes, but I’d put money on the fact that they would be blown away too.

Shout out to Mario the best server in New Brunswick!

Reviewed May 30, 2019 via mobile

I have never been disappointed with anything on the menu. Always fresh ingredients, food is served quickly, and staff are very friendly

Reviewed May 23, 2019

Cosy atmosphere, fresh, delicious ingredients and fast friendly service! Love, love, love this restaurant. My favourite is the enchiladas. Highly recommend this spot for vegetarians and non-vegetarians interested in a great tasting meal. Gluten free options are also available. There can be a wait to get in (totally worth it) so plan accordingly!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed May 19, 2019 via mobile

We shared appetizers (quesadilla, nachos, and pakoras) and loved each of them. Great food highly recommended

Reviewed May 8, 2019 via mobile

Popped in for a bite while we were in town. Ordered up the evening special - super delicious lentil & squash soup and the enchilada with drink and desert. Everything came so quickly and was DELICIOUS!!!

I’m not Vegan/Vegetarian and have no food allergies etc but am always blown away with the flavour and freshness of the dishes at Calactus. My husband is a big meat eater and he cleans his plate every time he joins me.

Do yourself a favour and pop in to see the wonderful, friendly staff and soak up the cozy fun atmosphere while you’re there.