“Loved it and plus, there is gluten free items!!!”

Calactus Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 272 Restaurants in Moncton
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed February 18, 2013

The food is excellent and I lOVE the atmosphere! When ever I wanna go out to eat it is one of the first place one my list. And plus, there is possibility of gluten free items :D

Reviewed February 16, 2013

We visited Calactus with friends for a get-together. There were four couples, two of whom had babies. It was such a nice atmosphere and the staff were really accommodating of the couples with children, which was so nice. We had the sangria, which is delicious, filled with berries and citrus fruits. You can get it non-alcoholic, which again, is really nice for those who don't drink, so we got a pitcher of each. I had the half-pizza, half-salad combo which is a great deal. I had the garden salad, which is a great mix of veggies and comes with a nice dressing, and the Works pizza: grilled veggies, olives, feta, spinach and mushrooms. It was a delicious meal and a great time, we highly recommend this spot!

Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

I had the enchillida's, huge serving...food was okay. They have the best guacamole and i Love the atmosphere of this little place.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

My daughter is gluten and lactose free and there are very few restaurants that can accomodate these restrictions in a fashion that still affords quality of food and taste. They go above and beyond to ensure that the client is safe and that the food actually is appealing and flavourful. They realize that cooking for people with allergies does not just mean that you can coook without the allergens; it means that the client has a great culinary experience and is safe while doing it !

Reviewed February 6, 2013

I enjoy my mean at Calactus, so let me get my criticism out of the way early. This is a vegetarian restaurant. If hanging out in a liberally-minded, left-leaning restaurant creeps you out, you'll want to find somewhere else to eat. This place was definitely for the skinny jean, slouchy hat, I haven't shaved in a while crowd.

That said -- the food was wonderful. And yes, it was all vegetarian. I opted for the curry special, which included a split-pea soup and a dessert. I probably could have stopped at the soup. It wasn't earth shattering, but was an excellent flavour and peaceful, just the way a bowl of soup should be.

The curry platter was excellent, but this wasn't intended to be spicy curry. If you are a spice-hound, find an Indian restaurant. This was fragrant curry in a few different forms. Alas, I filled up after only a few nibbles (darn soup and bread!), so I'll have to let the flavours mingle and have them for lunch tomorrow.

All in all, I would definitely go back again. I dined solo on business, but this would be a great night out with someone special, or even a few close friends. It is most certainly a place where calm and relaxing conversation and an easy atmosphere will help close out a great meal.