“The best Italian food I’ve ever had”

Gusto Italian Grill & Bar
Ranked #5 of 305 Restaurants in Moncton
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Güsto Italian Grill & Bar offers a truly authentic Italian dining experience in the heart of downtown Moncton.Brick walls, rustic wood finishes, bustling open kitchen and wood fired oven make Güsto ideal for a casual relaxed meal.At Güsto we hand-craft every dish. Authentic Italian pasta, prime steaks, seafood, hand thrown wood fired pizzas and traditional Italian desserts.We love great wines. Our wine list is ever changing as we continue to bring in new discoveries and classic Italian favourites.
Reviewed June 11, 2019 via mobile

Gusto Italian Grill & Bar is the best Italian place I have ever eaten at. The food was amazing and the serving sizes were great. I had the Linguine Frutti Mare and it had tons of seafood including lobster, scallops, and shrimp. The pasta was perfect and the sauce was great. My wife had the Pasta All’Gusto and it was to die for!! The beat sauce she has ever had and I tried some and have to agree. The decor is a very nice combination of Italian and traditional, brick and wine bottles. The staff was very nice and helpful. We shared a Peanut Butter Cheesecake and still couldn’t finish it. It was absolutely the best!! We will definitely go back the next time we are in Moncton.

Date of visit: June 2019
Write a ReviewReviews (1,131)

Reviewed June 10, 2019 via mobile

I have had dinner here in the past and thought to try them for lunch.

We were seated on the second floor in a banquet seat near a window. My first reaction, on a bright sunny day with no direct sunlight in the windows, is why are the blinds all closed?

Regardless, the three course meal, which included the house bruschetta, and a choice of salads, with a final choice of a main meal. Several pizza offerings on the menu which are prepared in their wood burning oven.
The salad serving size was quite small. I had the seafood Mac & cheese that was good, but not great. However, given a $13.99 price for the meal, it provided an excellent value proposition and the service was very attentive.

Will I return? Yes, although it will probably be for dinner instead!

Note: the meal and experience was probably closer to 3.5 vs the 3 noted above.

Reviewed June 8, 2019 via mobile

Julie was amazing, she quickly assessed that we were having a girls night and joined in the fun! We wanted a long evening so she spaced out our entrees and mains accordingly. Our food was amazing, drinks were fresh, atmosphere is great. Highly recommend!

Reviewed June 8, 2019

On a trip out East from Ontario, found this place just googling restaurants near our hotel. Gusto's was a surprisingly beautiful little hole in the wall. The ambiance was a little romantic but comfortable. Loved the open concept kitchen. Food was incredible.
Had the spinach dip to start (my go-to pick at any restaurant), definitely the best I have ever had, entrees were the goat cheese ravioli which was surprisingly light and had little walnuts in it which was unexpected but tied it together really nicely. My partner had the chicken parmesan(also his favourite eat out meal) and was completely impressed. Thanks for helping make our trip more enjoyable!

Reviewed June 4, 2019

I have been to this restaurant a few times to entertain colleagues for work. All have enjoyed what they purchased. I am vegan and have had a great experience with the staff customizing a meal that was tasty and vegan :). I will visit again next time in town.

Date of visit: May 2019