“Perfection”

Auberge Wild Rose Inn
Ranked #6 of 30 Hotels in Moncton
Reviewed July 14, 2014

My husband and I stayed for two nights July 11 & 12 and it was home away from home. Everything was perfect, the room was spotless, wifi worked, air conditioned & very quiet. We were in Moncton for the car show and required breakfast very early in the morning. No problem, the owners were more then happy to fulfil our request. The food was delicious and the eggs were different each day along with bacon, sausage, fruit and yogurt.
We will be staying here every time we decide to venture to Moncton and highly recommend others to do so.
Also, to address the report of noise from trains, not true, we never heard a thing. It is very peaceful which is very different if you were staying in a hotel in downtown Moncton.

Room Tip: Main floor room had outside access.
1  Thank Susan D
innkeeperdennis, Owner at Auberge Wild Rose Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

dear Susan, i am sorry for the late response to your writing due to the busy season.
we are very happy that you had a enjoyable car show. your car is very unique, and full of history. i enjoyed the introduction Patrick gave me.
we look forward to meeting you again soon.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

The moment we walked in the door we felt welcome and had not even met anyone yet. The rooms were excellent and the breakfast tasty and plentiful. Regina's smile in the morning will surely be missed!!!! If you are looking for quality, home away from home and not PRETENTIOUS, this is the spot.

Room Tip: Find it under Lakeville on your GPS
Reviewed July 10, 2014

I booked through Hotwire for a 4 four star Hotel and it gave me this BED AND BREAKFAST!!!! Never again will I ever use HOTWIRE AGAIN! This is not an NATIONAL KNOWN NAME HOTEL! This Bed and Breakfast was located OUTSIDE of Moncton in LAKEVILLE wich was WAY OUT OF MY WAY!!!!! I didn't like being awaken at 7:AM with HAMMERING sound on the roof! I wanted a 2 Queen size Bed like I usually get in Hotels and NOPE not in this BED and Breakfast! Honestly, this Wild Rose Inn should not be in the list of HOTEL! Don't get me wrong, for poeple who are looking for a Bed and Breakfast it was a GREAT LAY OUT, Great Service but was not what I was expecting and even Booking 2 weeks in advance I couldn't cancel...... HOTWIRE has a FINAL SALE POLICY!!!! I was not IMPRESSED!!!! NOT AT ALL!!!!!!

Room Tip: This is not a NATIONAL KNOWN HOTEL but a Bed and Breakfast with only one Bed in the room!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank MrsSavoie73
innkeeperdennis, Owner at Auberge Wild Rose Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

thank you for staying with us. that is the feature of hotwire.
We are Canada Select 4 and half star COUNTRY INN, sitting in countryside, adjacent to a full golf course, but only 7.2 miles to down town Moncton and Dieppe, and 4 miles to airport, and 1 mile from Trans Canada highway 2.
we are sorry for the noise from the roof. we were changing the roof on the day, but we did not expect them to come to work so early, however they wanted to finish the job before the tropical storm came.
yes, you are right. we do not like most hotels, we are country inn, nice and quite. only one bed (queen or king) in suite. none of rooms has two beds. MOST GUESTS COMING TO OUR HOTEL ARE MATURE COUPLES FOR RELAXING, GETAWAY AND ROMANTIC. we look like bed and breakfast from outside, but much much bigger with bar, restaurant and meeting room. we are country inn (small hotel in country), not bed and breakfast.
thanks again, and all the best to you.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Found by luck on Expedia this wonderful, romantic, clean, modern yet classic Inn within 10 minutes of Moncton. Just loved the attention to every detail by the very visible on site owners. Hot delicious breakfast included. Consider upgrading to the suite room with jacuzzi tub, fireplace and a lovely deck to look out at the stars.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

We stayed one night and were so pleasantly surprised when we saw our room. It was quite lovely, spotlessly clean and bright. We booked the "studio" which was on the main level with a patio door onto the deck with a lovely sitting area outside. The room was well furnished, nice comfortable bed with duvet, nicely decorated. The owners obviously take great pride in their property and it shows.

Room Tip: Book the studio room on the main floor
Reviewed July 4, 2014

My husband and I stayed three nights. The room was very clean and nicely decorated, and the bed was comfortable. The hot breakfast was tasty, and the owners were welcoming. We would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Helen B
Reviewed July 4, 2014

I deeply enjoy reading negative reviews of a place where we enjoyed our stay. It makes me thankful that I never tried to operate a motel. I gather that most of the negative reviews were of the Wild Rose under previous owners, but a couple were from right around our stay in July 2013. They are hilarious. Train noise? Really? This motel is in a quiet and beautiful country setting, well away from the delightful mournful wail of a train call, though I swear we never heard it. Guess we could complain about that. The hosts were friendly, helpful, and professional especially when they saw I have a gimpy leg and they gave us a better room with easier access. The room was spacious, and wonderfully decorated, though it looked to be difficult to clean with all the decorations. It had a separate outside door that opened onto an extensive lawn and boardwalk deck. Tres picturesque. We didn't hear noise from other rooms etc that some complained about, but there were many other guests. The hot breakfast was excellent, attended by the hosts, obviously home-cooked and with lots of variety. We could complain that there were only scrambled eggs, no sunny side up etc, but we like scrambled and really that complaint was just too funny. I also loved the view, watching golfers bumbling about doing golf things, amusing and relaxing. The common room areas were welcoming and one could relax there or out on the extensive decking looking at the diverse plants, lots of roses (rugosa) and daylilies, listening to birds, including chickens. We didn't eat at the restaurant, I can't recall whether there was one, but the host recommended an interesting dining place down the road where we had a good meal. All in all, a comfortable and pleasing place to stay, and I highly recommend it, especially if you like interesting attractive vistas

Room Tip: Walk with a cane and look helpless
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple