“KFC is better”
Review of Dixie Lee

Dixie Lee
Ranked #107 of 303 Restaurants in Moncton
Reviewed September 27, 2018

I was feeling like some fried chicken and decided to give this place a try. I wasn't too impressed. The chicken was nothing special, it's cooked skin on but it's not breaded or anything. The fries are frozen crinkle cut fries, which I don't really care for. The prices are okay. My meal came with way too many fries and not enough chicken. Probably will just get KFC next time.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed September 8, 2017

I eat Fried Chicken here way too much but I just like it ...always what I want and great service ....Fried Clams are very good too as are the Onion Rings ..Fish is just OK a bit Greasy

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed December 6, 2016

Have eaten here a couple of times (repeat only because others want to go), hated it every time. Very greasy, overcooked food. Tried chicken and seafood, all tasted the same, like old grease. Make sure you have paper towels, and something to dip in. Once you get past the greasy exterior, you are welcomed by a dry crusty piece of whatever.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed November 14, 2016

As we were traveling we had noticed the Dixie Lee signs and decided to try them. We both ordered the seafood platter and must admit there were lots of scallops and shrimp that were pretty good. The fish however was a bit greasy and too salty. To top it off the bun had been placed in the bottom of the carton and squished flat. Since we were eating in, this did not need to happen.Considering the price of shrimp and scallops perhaps the price of $13 was okay but we sure could have had a better meal for the same price elsewhere.

Date of visit: September 2016
1  Thank travellover795943
Reviewed June 9, 2016

They have the best gravy for poutine. Can never go wrong by having a fried chicken combo and upgrade for a poutine! They also have the best macaroni salad you can ever find as well as coleslaw.

Date of visit: May 2016