“The Flagship of the Fleet for Fairfield.”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Moncton
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Moncton
Halifax, Canada
“The Flagship of the Fleet for Fairfield.”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

I have stayed at many, many Fairfield's from coast to coast in both Canada and the USA and this property is with doubt, the best. I have been an Elite Marriott member for years and usually get upgraded. I stayed at this property last fall l just after it opened and again last week. It is clean bright and spacious. A great sleep on the bed. The rooms were bright, quiet, spacious and clean. The decor and color scheme remind me more of the new Courtyard properties rather than the more recent newer Fairfield's I have been in. It maybe the new standard. All the staff are wonderful with great customer service skills. One thing that really stood out for me was the waffle machine. There was a sign in the breakfast area that said the breakfast attendant would make your waffle. I got talking to her about how that made sense given how messy things normally got at the waffle machine. She said that was not the reason - the reason was the industrial waffle machine belonging to the hotel was away that weekend getting repaired and she knew the guests liked waffles so she brought her own waffle machine from home so she wanted to operate her machine. It was a new CUISINART waffle iron that was spotless. Can you believe that level of customer care and service? What an employee eh?
The breakfast had lots of choices, lots of toasters ( my pet peeve at many Fairfield's) and the food was fresh (on a Sunday)and the area large and clean.
There is a pool there with a water slide but we did not use.
In my opinion, the best hotel value in Moncton. Congrats to the owners.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NSTraveller493
Monique B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Moncton, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Hello,

Thank you very much for your great review. We are very proud of our Fairfield, I agree the colors and décor of the place is outstanding. We are the newest generation of Fairfield and could be why you haven't seen many designed like this one. Isn't my staff the greatest, they go above and beyond. They certainly wanted to make sure that the waffles were not missed during your stay as our was being repaired. They are always thinking of ways to service our guest. I will make sure to pass along your comments to them.

We hope to see you again soon.

Monique Bourque

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Dartmouth, Canada
Reviewed April 11, 2014

My family and I recently visited Moncton and stayed at the Fairfield Inn. We simply love this hotel! We were there in the summer shortly after they opened, and returned due to how impressed we were with the facilities and the service. The "new" hotel look and smell are still there, yet they operate like they have been open for years. We had a great weekend despite all of the hockey players running around.... Wow! What patience those front desk ladies must have to put up with all of that! Thank you Fairfield for a great weekend, we will certainly be back again this summer!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank missmae2013
Hello,

Thank you for the great review on our hotel. We do appreciate it. My front desk staff try very hard to make sure everyone is comfortable and enjoy their stay even when we have hockey teams around. Kids just have lots of energy. We love that our hotel still smells so new, our housekeeping staff work very hard to keep this place very clean.

We hope to see you again soon.

Bedford, Canada
Reviewed April 11, 2014

I have been here several times for work and always enjoy my stay here. My room is always very comfortable and the staff is great. The hotel is very quiet and beds are comfortable.....not always easy to find a hotel that is so quiet especially on a weekend but this is the place to stay. Had my usual breakfast which is always fresh and hot - coffee is great on my way out the door in the morning and always a welcome smile when I return at the end of the day to relax for the evening. I haven't been in the pool yet but I always see kids enjoying themselves when I head to the gym in the evening. Hotel is close to mall and restaurants which is convenient since I don't really know my way around. Will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Ask for the King Suite!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank caperonthemove
Hello,

Thank you so much for the great review on our hotel. I agree with you our beds are very comfortable and our guest are always talking about it. I am glad you get to enjoy our gym as well as our great breakfast. Next time do try the pool and slide I am sure you will enjoy it. King suites are the way to go for sure, it's very comfortable to have a living room area to sit and relax.

We hope you will be staying with us again soon.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

I read the last few reviews and I can't help myself as a regular guest to write a review regarding this amazing hotel.

These guest must have stayed all the same weekend and should have been an isolated case of teams getting out of control. Because, I stayed there a lot in the last few months and never have I had any problems with noise or open liquor going around the hotel common areas.

The hotel is immaculate and the service is amazing. The hotel is brand new and if they had a bad weekend they probably will correct the situation so it doesn't happen again.

I stay there for business on week days but, some times on weekends my family joins me. My children love this hotel with the big slide and the pool.

The only thing I can say is forget about the last few bad reviews and stay at this hotel with confidence.

2 Thank Gab521
Hello,

Thank you so much for this great review on our hotel. You are absolutely right this was just one weekend out of many that we had an issue with a few guest and thank you for letting people know that we are a great hotel. Our staff work very hard in order to keep things in control.

We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Halifax, Canada
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I decided to take a quick trip to Moncton for some business and take my wife and two girls along as it ran over a weekend. The hotel was busy, but I think it may be busy on weekends all the time. Check in was a breeze and we got our room at 2 PM which was not expected. The girls spent most of the stay in the pool and on the waterslide. The hotel is new and was very clean. The Breakfast is good with plenty of options for a free breakfast.
Although my business in Moncton is downtown, I will make an effort to stay here before I go anywhere else.

1 Thank Josh M
Monique B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Moncton, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Hello,

Thank you for the great review, so glad to hear that we're your first choice. I agree we do have an amazing breakfast. We do take pride in keeping our hotel clean and tidy. I will make sure to pass your comments on to our staff, they will be very thankful. Glad your girls enjoyed the pool and waterslide, it is a certainly a plus for families.

We hope to see you again soon!
Bathurst, Canada
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I have read some of the other reviews for March 28 and I totally agree with shan434 and others. We booked the park and fly as we had to leave at 4 am to catch a flight at 6 am. It's a great spot if you want to party all night but not if you actually need to get some sleep. It was a free for all with kids up and down the hall and loud drunk people everywhere. This thing about nobody calling down to complain is ridiculous as I called several times and finally at 1 am I called and gave them a blast at the front desk. I don't think that they actually did anything about it and the drunks and their kids just finally passed out. We did not sleep a wink and the start of our much anticipated vacation was ruined. My wife and I said we would sleep in our vehicle before we ever stay at the Fairfield again as we might actually get sleep in the vehicle. Total waste of money - Stay away from the Fairfield.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Black333
Hello,

I am very sorry to hear you did not have a great stay with us. This is not a typical weekend in our hotel. These past reviews were all for the same weekend. If you look at our other reviews you will see we are a very family friendly hotel.
We have investigated further on the complaints and discussed it with our staff to ensure this does not happen again.
Again, please accept our sincerest apologies. If you would like to discuss further please do not hesitate to contact me at mbourque@faifieldmoncton.com.

We hope that you will try us again.
Sussex, Canada
Reviewed April 4, 2014

I was travelling with two friends and our children, we all had our own rooms to share with our children. This was on March 28, 2014. When we arrived we were overwhelmed with a ball hockey game happening in the lobby and a large table with those children's parents drinking and talking very loudly. We continued on to our room on the second floor and it was very quiet. That lasted for about 30 minutes and then the large group from downstairs came to our floor. They stood in a big circle outside the elevators (which was also outside our doors). It is hard to say who was louder the children playing tag up and down the halls or the parents drinking and yelling. I had to go downstairs with my 5 year old and we had to squeeze through the party to get to the elevator and they were yelling at us and offering us shots. They all had open liquor. Large bottles and small bottles. My daughter was petrified. We ignored this as much as possible until it was time for bed. I called down and the lady at the front desk told me it was only 10:52 and quiet time was 11:00 but she would soon send someone up to help. I didn't realize you were able to party in the halls until 11:00pm! To me that is unacceptable! My friend also called down. Someone did come up and the people went to their rooms but they continued to roam the hallways and scream and yell while doing so. I planned on sharing my feelings the next day when checking out but no one asked me how I enjoyed my stay. It was a very quick "You're done!" My friend has posted a comment below and the hotel has responded by saying there is no record of her calling down. I know she called and I did as well. We had big plans for the next day and didn't get to enjoy them. We were all exhausted. My 5 year old got to sleep around midnight and I didn't get to sleep until around 2:00am. In my opinion I do not feel safe staying some where that would allow that kind of behavior and I will not be returning!

1 Thank shan434
Monique B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Moncton, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Hello,

We are very sorry that you did not get to enjoy your stay with us. We are a very family friendly hotel. We do apologize that these other families were very loud and rude to you. We will be investigating further to see what happened on that weekend. Please reset assure that this is not typical for our hotel as you will see with past reviews. If you would like to discuss this matter further please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Monique