“Great Property”

Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Moncton
Barrie Ontario
“Great Property”
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a one night stopover on our way to Moncton. Hotels is brand new and easy to find. Front desk staff were great and provided us directions to a restaurant in the area (which was amazing!) Windows open in the suites which is a nice bonus. Hotel had a large water slide which we were not expecting, but the kids loved. Breakfast was good, no complaints other than seating was a little limited when we went down. Would definitely stay at this property again.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Steve&Reen
Monique B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Moncton, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for your great review on our hotel.
We are glad you had no issues finding us. Our front desk staff are always ready to help give recommendations on different restaurants and I am happy they were able to help you out with a great one.
Our fabulous waterslide is a plus for families with kids. We apologize for the breakfast area being so full, we are now making arrangements to open our meeting rooms when it is full in breakfast to accommodate the overflow. We also have our patio outside which when it's nice is great as well.

We hope you will be staying with us gain soon.

Monique Bourque

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We stayed here over three nights (separated into two stays) at the end of July. The hotel was brand new having opened earlier that month. Hence, everything was very clean. The front desk was courteous and we had no problems checking in. The location is very close to the airport, so it is very convenient if you have a late/early flight. There really isn't much nearby otherwise. There is a Tim Hortons and Shell gas station down the road, as well as a Holiday Inn express. That's it! If you want anything else, you'll have to drive into the city, which wasn't a problem for us. There is a HUGE cellular antenna to the back of the property and one of the rooms we had faced this directly, which bothered me. Our subsequent nights faced the front, and I think I got better sleep not having the antenna staring at me.

The breakfast was adequate. However, the eggs were *interesting*. They were NEON yellow and of funny texture. Sure it's made from liquid, but it was so NEON - I wasn't sure it was completely edible. The turkey sausage or whatever was a bit salty. Other than that, the yoghurt, bread, fruits, etc. were plentiful. The kitchen was a bit slow to restock the hot items. I've had better at other Marriott locations. Ah well, it's free.

If we do visit again, we'll definitely consider staying here again cuz it's new and because it is near the airport.

Room Tip: Ask for a front facing room if you don't want to stare at the cellular antenna
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hello,

Thank you for the review on our hotel. We are very proud of our new property and staff. I will make sure to pass on the message that you enjoyed your stay.
I am sorry you didn't like the antenna we have behind our hotel, sorry they were there before us and we can't get them to move it. Just make sure to ask for a room in front of the hotel next time you reserve a room here. We have taken your comments about our eggs very seriously and have changed the product that we were using. I am sure next time you return you will notice a difference in color and texture.

We hope to see you again soon.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 2, 2013

The "Suites" in the name has always left me scratching my head because, as one viewer notes, the rooms are NOT suites but the level of comfort is very good. I definitely appreciated the large room, stand up shower, large flat screen TV (as compared to the small TV at the Westin in downtown Halifax where I am writing this review) and refrigerator (also lacking at the Westin).

Near the airport and the Trans-Canada Highway.

If looking for lunch or dinner recommendations the hotel staff will recommend Bistro 33 which is less than a mile away and is VERY good and not to be missed. Be sure to order the daily special which, as the owner / chef told me, is locally sourced.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank David R
Hello,

I would like to thank you for the great review on our hotel. I know aren't our showers great. The flat screen HD TV's are sure to please everyone. When we say Suites it's because of the living room area in your room. It is considered a suite and not a regular room. I hope this clarifies it a bit for you. We do offer a mini fridge and microwave in every room type. Next time you are in Halifax try one of our Marriott properties and ask for a room with a mini fridge they will do their best to accommodate you. I must agree with you Bistro ## is a great restaurant, I have enjoyed it myself and highly recommend it.

I hope you come and stay with us again soon.

Ontario, Canada
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is beautiful, clean, and brand new. We had a great time & the staff was great.

The breakfast is your standard continental with sausage & scrambled egg. The pool was nice & the slide was a bonus.

The rooms are beautifully decorated & roomy. The bed is very comfortable & the shower is huge. Everything is clean & brand new. We requested a crib & there was one waiting in the room for us.

My only complaint is that we booked a 1 bedroom suite & it was not that. It was a suite but it was only 1 room. We travelled with our toddler & needed the 2 rooms. We could have used a bathtub for our toddler as well.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank smile2000star
Monique B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Moncton, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Hello,

Thank you so much for praising our wonderful new hotel. Our staff is working hard at making sure the hotel is clean and comfortable.

I am so sorry that it wasn't clear that the one bedroom did not have a door to separate the living area from the bedroom. We will look into getting that changed on our web-site to make it clear on the room types. We do have room as well with bathtubs and I apologize if our associates were not able to assign one of those rooms for you as they may have all been in use.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the pool and waterslide.

I hope you will be able to come stay with us again.

Have a great day!

Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Me and my family stayed 1 night at this hotel. It was like a small getaway close to home. We had bad weather for the last few days so we tried this new hotel.

Once we walked in we were very impress. They have a beautiful lobby. The staff was nice and the check in went smoothly.

We booked a room with 2 queen beds and had a bathtub in our bathroom (contrary to what they mention in the last review they do have tubs in the 2 bedded rooms).

They have a nice gym, my husband was happy about that.

The kids, well they enjoyed the pool and slide! The thing I liked more about the slide is it ends in a separate landing than in the pool. Also, the water was set at a nice temperature.

The next morning we had breakfast in there breakfast area close to the lobby. It's really inviting and you can even eat on the patio outside.

The breakfast itself is the standard heated breakfast that every hotel serves now a days. It's free and does the trick.

Overall, business traveler or family vacation this hotel has something for everyone. We will come back for sure!

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Gab521
Hello,

Thank you so much for writing this great review about our hotel. We are happy you enjoyed your time here and got to experience our wonderful staff as well as our great amenities. I agree with you that our waterslide is fun. It's great that it does not drop in the pool, so that way it does not disturb other people in the pool.
Our breakfast is great with a selection of warm and cold items and very inviting to go sit outside and enjoy the sunshine on our patio.

We hope you will be staying with us again.

Fredericton, Canada
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I stayed here with my wife and kids July 16th to 19th. Overall, the hotel is very nice and new but there are issues. When we booked the hotel, it was still under construction so we had to rely on photos and descriptions from other Fairfield Inns. We booked a 1 bedroom suite assuming it had a door between the bedroom and sitting area, like other Fairfield Inns, so that we wouldn't have to worry about keeping the kids awake after they went to bed. We were surprised to find that it is just one big room with no division. I think calling it a one bedroom suite is misleading. We were also counting on having a tub to bath the kids but all rooms in this hotel only have a shower. When we inquired if they had any rooms with tubs their response was that they catered to business travelers and not families. Really? Why the water slide? Do many business travelers have a water slide on their must have list of hotel amenities?

Speaking of the water slide, I'm not sure how the water slide was "the main focus" of the first reviewer's children when the waster slide wasn't even built when they supposedly stayed and you can clearly see in the picture of the pool they posted that the water slide is not there. When we left on July 19th, the water slide still wasn't finished. As you can also see in the picture of the pool, it is pretty small. we couldn't use it anyways as it was closed pretty much the whole time we were there so they could work on the water slide. When we checked in, they told us it would be open after 5 when the workers finished for the day. It was open the first night but wasn't the rest of our stay. The water was extremely cold for the short time we did use it. While we were there, one couple came, started to get in and went right back out it was so cold.

The breakfast was mediocre at best. They have the same thing every day. The hot items are eggs and sausage. They alternate between McDonald's style sausage patties and turkey sausage links. They eggs weren't very good. They have fresh fruit but it was very limited. Basically pineapple and melon. The coffee cups are the flimsiest cups I have ever seen. I couldn't put the top on without crushing the cup.

While the staff is not rude, they certainly are not very inviting or welcoming. I went down to the front desk one night to ask for a bottle opener. After searching for a couple of minutes, the woman at the desk declared she couldn't find one. Not only is a bottle opener a common request and something that should really be in the room already, but she should have kept looking or called someone else to help her find one. That's just poor service.

In summary, while this hotel isn't terrible, there are much better hotels in Moncton. If you have kids, beware of the limitations I mentioned.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JJM73
Hello,

We thank you for giving us your feedback on our new hotel. We apologize that we did not meet your expectations. It is unfortunate that our pool and waterslide were not 100% complete during your stay. We are sorry that we had to close it while you were staying with us sometimes maintenance issues are out of our control. We are looking at changing the wording for our room description so that way there will be no confusion, thank you for the feedback on that.
We do have room types with tubs and they could have been all rented out for those evenings. I would suggest in future reservations to add it to your request. We do have a selection of cut up fruit and whole fruit for breakfast.
If our staff seemed rude and not inviting it was certainly not their intention. They have worked so hard to put this place together and are still learning and want to do their best.

We hope you can come and stay with us again and enjoy our pool and slide.

Kirkland, Canada
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Now keep in mind this review is by someone who spends 100+ nights a year in a hotel for similar people. If you're stopping in for a random night or two with the family, this hotel is great. This hotel is brand new, I mean BRAND NEW!!! I know this because everytime there was a little issue, the staff made sure to remind me. The rooms are beautiful and modern, the lobby is very nice as well and it's still sparkling clean, you can smell it lol. The physical propert is everything you would expect from 2013 construction. This hotel is so new that I stepped on a screw in the night walking to the bathroom! I have mixed emotions about my recent stay. The complimentary on-site parking is a nice bonus vs. $15/nt in the city (Main Street). The front desk staff is polite and friendly, but undertrained. When I stopped in my first night for a dinner suggestion, the suggestion was to "google it". Well, it turns out this property is "so far" from everything that getting delivery is next to impossible unless you're willing to pay ~$10 in delivery fees which ends up negating most of the complimentary parking value. Even with these fees, good luck getting anything more than pizza to your room. Being a frequent guest of hotels really makes you appreciate the little things which this hotel is currently lacking. My first shower was cold / luke warm at best, this was quickly corrected by the hotel engineer (who was great) who said all the temperature controls were regulated very low to pass inspection recently... He told me he gets 3 or 4 of these calls every day. I am back in Moncton next week and will likely stick to the Residence Inn for my next year worth of Moncton visits before giving this hotel another shot. The TVs however are quality and even have a decent amount of HD channels which is a nice change from the norm. One last comment, I am shocked to see a compliment to the food quality of the free breakfast... the eggs are some sort of microwaved egg substitute with a rubbery texture and the bacon is also that wafer thin microwave stuff. Thank god for Cora's... This hotel has potential but needs time to get there, and I'm sure it will!

Room Tip: You can't go wrong, the rooms are up to date, beautiful and clean.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Kevin C
Hello,

We thank you for feedback. We are working with local restaurant to get delivery service, there are quite a few that do offer it already as we are only a few minutes from downtown our front desk staff now has a list of various restaurants that they recommend. We have had our housekeeping staff checking all rooms to make sure there are no screws or anything of this sort left behind.
Our breakfast is the same as the Residence Inn, minus a few items.
I agree with you the HD channels are a great addition to the wonderful rooms that we have!
I am sorry to hear that you won't be staying with us, but happy that you are staying with another Marriott property.

We hope you will give us a chance again in the near future.