“Interesting menu - something a bit different”

Moxie's Grill & Bar
Ranked #17 of 303 Restaurants in Moncton
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Canadian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I like Moxi's for couple of reasons: the service and the food is a bit different. I'll elaborate. The service staff is very attentive without interrupting the flow of conversation. They "touch base" with the table several times to make sure your needs are met but they don't seem to invade the table space. Their menu has most of the things you would recognize but they tweak their recipes some to make things a little different. There is a large variety on their menu so it's good venue for a group as everyone will find they like

Date of visit: June 2019
MoxiesMoncton, General Manager at Moxie's Grill & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello Paul, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We would love an opportunity to make that 4-star a 5! Let me know next time you popping in, jessica@moxiesatlantic.ca - Jessica Gates

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I was there with a few friends on the patio on Saturday afternoon, our waitress was Vanessa N (I believe, she’s short and has long blonde hair)
She recommended the double mojito and it was delicious! It was very busy and she handled it great! I waitresses for 9 years and know how hard it can be.
She was very personable and did an amazing job overall! We will definitely be back to sit in her section!

Date of visit: June 2019

Hello Nicole, I am so happy to hear Vanesssa did a fabulous job on your most recent visit. She certainly is great and often has glowing reviews - maybe we will keep her! We hope to see you again at Moxie's Moncton. Jessica Gates

Reviewed June 10, 2019

I live in Moncton, NB and this is my second review of this restaurant. I have been here several times, over and above the visits I have written a review for. First off, I have to say, that every single visit, the service staff have always been excellent. They are always professional, attentive and helpful. The food varies, and this time, was my first time ordering a more expensive entree, hence my decision to write a review.

My appetizer was Calamari, which arrived to the table nice and hot. It was flavourful and overall, quite good. This, however is where the good part stopped.I ordered the filet steak Medium rare, entree for $34 dollars, which came with a twice baked potato. The first attempt at the steak, it arrived at our table medium well, all grey inside. I notified by waiter immediately that my steak was over-cooked and he took it back. While waiting for my food, we were greeted by another member of the staff, who came to my table to clarify EXACTLY, how I wanted my steak cooked....which I guess I assumed medium rare was self-explanatory at a grill restaurant, but apparently not. I understand, that maybe everyones concept of what medium-rare is, could be different, but it almost felt like I was explaining to her, what it meant. My new steak arrived and the cook was right, but for a $34 dollar steak, I was expecting more. It was sinewy and chewy, and very average, however the cook was much improved. The twice baked potato, was more like four-times baked potato. I understand that there is an element of pre-cooking that has to happen, but seriously, this tasted like yesterdays potatoes, left over. It was luke warm, dry with a baked crust that was crunchy and cold and just BLAH. For the money I paid, it was very average at best.

Would I return again...not so sure. If I did, I would definitely not order steak. Its high end dining price with diner quality. This meal was a miss for me.

Date of visit: June 2019
MoxiesMoncton, General Manager at Moxie's Grill & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Hello Caribe,
Firstly, I want to thank you for taking the time to review us. Without valuable feedback such as yours we are not able to strengthen and grow as a company. It certainly sounds as if your steak missed the mark. If you would be so kind as to email me at jessica@moxiesatlantic.ca with your address I would love to have you in to try our Honey Garlic Sirloin. It is a house favourite! I am looking forward to hearing from you and delivering the true Moxie's Experience.

Reviewed June 10, 2019 via mobile

I have dined at several Moxies’ in several different provinces. The reason, no surprises.

I had the Lemon Basil Salmon. The salmon was cooked to a medium level, not too moist and not too dry, just right. What was a little too moist was the rice, at least to my taste. The vegetables were nicely done.

Perhaps the highlight was the service. I was served by Mel, who made recommendations on the menu along with a genuinely friendly demeanour. Very pleasant young lady!

With the weather getting warmer, the large patio area will become even more popular.

Date of visit: June 2019

Hello there, thank you for your most recent review of us! We are happy to hear you loved Mel - we love her too! The grains served with you Lemon Basil Salmon are covered in our lemon basil sauce, next time we will be sure to put it on the side for to help with the extra moisture. Thank you so much for your review. Jessica Gates - General Manager

Reviewed June 5, 2019

We came here on the recommendation of our hotel to celebrate our 44th wedding anniversary, and we are so glad we did. The mushroom sirloin steak was fantastic, and since it was our anniversary, we were treated to a delicious flourless chocolate cake. What a lovely surprise! Prices were reasonable and staff was attentive, even though they were kept quite busy. Kenzie was our waitress and she did a great job.

Date of visit: May 2019
MoxiesMoncton, General Manager at Moxie's Grill & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2019

Hello Thomas,

Thank you so much for your awesome five star review! We appreciate you choosing Moxie's Moncton for your Anniversary. The Mushroom Signature is one of our all time favourites - we love that you enjoyed it as well. See you again soon!