“Wonderful experience...très agréable expérience”

Sirocco Mediterranean Fusion Restaurant & Piano Bar
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Land, Sea and Vegan option.In House Sommelier consulted wine selection.Private and/or group dining in the "Monte Carlo" room for up to 36 guests depending on required set-up equipped with flat screen television for dinner or lunch presentations.Bilingual service available. Custom menus available for groups and caterings
Moncton, Canada
“Wonderful experience...très agréable expérience”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Thank you Sirocco for a wonderful experience. Great food. We really liked the New Year`s menu: scallop was awesome; pork was perfect; tenderloin delicious. The pheasant, a great tasting experience, but little bit cold and too dry. Wonderful game meat though. Service was little bit too fast, but very professional, respectful and friendly. We loved the live band...just a wonderful atmosphere.

English/French menus would have been a marked of respect...

Affordable wine list.

We recommend, and will visit again.

Dieppe, Canada
“One time only”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

This restaurant was one that we will not go back to. the portions were so small it was unfortunate that we had invited others to join us there. high end restaurant serves small portions but the food is amazing. this was not the case. there is a reason that the were relatively no other patrons .
the atmosphere is lovely but definitely not worth going back to.

3 Thank Anne2527
Moncton, Canada
“Great Potential... overpriced disappointment in reality.”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

First off, this will be a lengthy review, but will be honest and complete. My husband and I were looking for a special date night and also have the Johnny Coupon book. We paged through it looking for somewhere new to try. We narrowed it down to a couple of different choices and decided on Sirocco after checking out the website. We made a 7:00 reservation but went early to have a drink and check out the Casablanca Piano Bar. First disappointment was that no one was playing the piano. It was a Saturday night that was very busy, so I am not sure whey this would be. Forgivable as they had enjoyable music playing at a perfect level. We sat at the bar and very friendly servers tended to our drinks. Around 7 we were shown to our table and given the menus. Once we placed and order for the appetizers and another drink, things started to go down hill. Initially we ordered one appetizer while we were still choosing our entrees. Quite some time later, our server came back and asked if we had received it... no, we had not. We then ordered the our entrees and added on a Caesar salad to be served with the other appetizer. We received and completely finished those appetizers before our drinks ever arrived. (The same drinks ordered with the first appetizer order.) This is where I realized that there was no dedicated bartender and the restaurant was busy. There were only 3 servers working the restaurant which had three very large groups (which I can only assume had made reservations). We received better service sitting at the bar than we did the whole rest of the evening.
Now, I would like to pause to talk a bit about temperature. The temperature was fine at the bar. The women's bathroom was absolutely ARCTIC. I also had informed the staff at about the time we got our appetizers that the women's bathroom was out of paper towel. It was still out of paper towel two hours later when we were getting ready to leave. (Again, only three staff were manning a very busy restaurant and bar.) The first table at which we were seated, was in direct line and way too close to the door. I had to add my husbands suit coat over my dress, but was still freezing. We finally had to ask to be moved.
Just after being moved to a table out of the line of the cold from the door, we received our entrees. My husband had ordered the Roasted Red Pepper Paella (which we believed to be the picture in the Johnny Book) and I had ordered the Greek Chicken Supreme. I am going to take a minute as a side note for those of you using the Johnny Book. The coupon says up to a $20 value for the BOGO. Well, here it is really a dirty trick. There are only THREE entrees under $20 and two of them are meatless. Now, everywhere else we have used the coupons, this means they will just take the $20 off of one of our entrees. Not here. Management has trained the wait staff to claim that "their system does not allow for the to do a $20 deduction". This is just an outright lie. I saw their system while sitting at the bar. I work with a very similar restaurant system every day. There is absolutely a way to do a discount and considering the restaurant is in the Johnny Book and should reasonably expect this to come up frequently all year long, the program button for the discount can and should be added so it can be easily accomplished by the servers. I don't like it when people lie just to boost their profit.
Back to the entrees... My husband's Paella was nothing like what is pictured in the book. The portion was way smaller. There were only two scallops in the dish. The most disappointing thing about it, however, was the sauce. It only tasted of tomato. It was overpowering and it was drowning the seafood. The seafood was cooked very well, but it was just drowning a sauce that tasted more like creamy tomato soup than like a roasted red pepper. My Greek Chicken Supreme had wonderful flavor, but was terribly dry. It was served with a Five Year White Cheddar Risotto that was also sticky and dry. My visions of risotto are always of a creamy mixture. This actually was sticky enough that it had been scooped and held its shape and I basically "cut" it with my fork when taking a bite. There was no spare moisture anywhere on my plate to help out with the overly dry chicken. Like I said, great flavors were present, but it was extremely dry. Considering that our entrees were brought to us by a server other than ours and our server never checked with us until we had completed our meal, we didn't bother with sharing the disappointment.
This restaurant is beautiful inside. It has very friendly servers and a menu that SHOULD be wonderful and impressive. However, it needs more staff on nights when they know they have large groups and they absolutely should have a dedicated bartender. I am not sure why the food came out as it did... (perhaps also due to the large groups?) but for the price we paid, it was a disappointment. The excuse about the coupon makes me feel that the owner or management just care about their profits and luring people in and pulling a fast one. We are really unsure whether we will return or not. We wanted to like this restaurant, but it just didn't live up to the expectations.

1 Thank Beaslyliss2
DanMcL, General Manager at Sirocco Mediterranean Fusion Restaurant & Piano Bar, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
I am very sorry for your unpleasant experience. As you said it was incredibly busy but that is not a excuse. As to not enough staff that is a internal matter that I obviously cannot discuss. I would love to invite you back personally for a quieter more organized night if you are interested. You can contact me through my email Chef@siroccomoncton.com and we can discuss the details.

chef Dan
“Great Tapas Night !”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Always enjoy going back to Sirocco. Especially great atmosphere on Thursday Tapas night.

Awesome value, good food, great service !

Riverview
“Nice change”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Very nice atmosphere, very good service and pretty good food.
I would certainly go back and try other items on the menu. They have a new menu with plenty of choice.
I had the lamb which was fine. Wife had a stuffed chicken breast and it was good.

Worth a try.