“Great food!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Great food!”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Finally got around to visiting this restaurant and enjoyed it immensely. We had reserved on the grill side but switched to restaurant as our party increased but that got us a small private room which was nice. The service is excellent and the restaurant looks very good, hopefully it won't chance in the coming months.

The menu is varied with other options than sushi or japanese food so even people who hate sushi 'because it's all raw fish' should find something they enjoy. The bulgogi was good though I can't say I've tried authentic one. Sushi wise they have more rolls than the other restaurants in Moncton and the ones we tried were all excellent. There do stick closer to traditional rolls though, not many fusion or fancy rolls like you'd find in a larger city like Montreal for example- but since not everyone is a fan of fois gras or maple syrup on a sushi roll it's good enough for 99% of us.

Price for larger rolls are between 12-18$ and 4-8$ for makis. The other meal options vary between 13-25$ so the price is very reasonnable in my opinion.

Toronto
“Best. Ever.”
Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

I consider myself a veteran restauranteur and lover of food and this was one of the best experiences I've ever had in my life.

I can't even describe it. Our server was great and the chef was incredible. The entire staff defined hospitality in everything they did.

I will be back again and again. They can have all of my money! It was so good!!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“marbog”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

First, but not last, dining experience at Osaka. The tappanyaki experience was entertaining and the food delicious. The decor is highend, service is great and although prices are higher end, it is well worth it. Can easily compare to any high end restaurant anywhere. What a welcome addition to the dining scene in Moncton.

Riverview, NB
“Excellent Food & Service”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Popular spot. We couldn't get reservations for the hibachi grill the first night we tried. Second night we were seated promptly, and drinks ordered in minutes. Place is clean and nice decor. Menu is sufficiently varied with sushi, fish, chicken & meat available. Food was fresh cooked in front of you by a very entertaining chef. Lot of laughs.

1 Thank Discovery169
“Better experience”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

This was my second visit at Osaka Hibashi. This time around, we tried the sushi (i.e. the sushi section vs the tepanyaki section). All in all, the sushi was very good, the service excellent and the price just right. The number of offerings is almost daunting, but thanks to our server's suggestions, we made out just fine. Worth trying.

1 Thank yqmflyer