“Great Hotel”

Best Western Plus Moncton
Ranked #9 of 30 Hotels in Moncton
Reviewed August 2, 2006

This hotel is a little difficult to get to because if you miss your turn off, you may have to travel for miles before you can swing around. It's just off a very busy expressway so make sure you read your map before heading there. The hotel is a typical Best Western. Very clean and very top notch. The staff were quite freindly and spoke both english and french. The hotel is located a block away from a mall but the traffic is quite heavy so I suggest walking. The free continental breakfast was again typical with the regular muffins, toast, cereals and coffee. It was kind of crowded in the dinning room and we had to line up for about five minutes for our free muffin and coffee. Worth it if you have a big family to feed but if you are alone or a couple I suggest the Tim Hortons just down the street!
All in all I would stay in this hotel again and recommend it.

3  Thank wolfden

Reviewed November 13, 2005

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for the night of November 12/05 as part of a weekend shopping trip.

The front desk staff were friendly and efficient! While not luxurious, the facility overall was bright, clean and modern. Our room was clean and nicely furnished and had a nice, modern, clean bathroom with ample space. A fresh, wholesome, continental breakfast was included in the price.

The hotel is well located and adjacent to a major mall.

As part of my employment, I am experienced in staying at hotels including more expensive facilities. From my personal perspective, Best Western Moncton is first rate value!

• Stayed: November 2005
6  Thank Spudislander
Reviewed October 22, 2005

This hotel is a great option if you plan to visit Moncton. The rooms are very clean and the service is perfect. It has a great pool, but it is always crowded. Beakfast was extraordinary.

• Stayed: September 2005
5  Thank Daniel025
Reviewed August 22, 2005

Very clean hotel, rooms look brand new. breakfast bar is only until 9 AM and they close the door at 9! This forces a big crunch and there was a line at 8:30 that went to the door. Also the breakfast bar has a edge for sliding a tray. this meant that if you only wanted a juice you had to wait on the line. Perhaps if they kept it open until 10 it would not have been so crowded. Its more than 10 minutes to magnetic hill and would not advise staying here if you are only going there as there are closer hotels. But if you are heading east to Hopewell rocks, the beaches, PEI or NS. this is a great location.

• Stayed: August 2005
3  Thank hotel-hopper
Reviewed August 19, 2005

We stayed for one night with friends and their children. The rooms were quite adequate and clean. The pool was small (about 1.5 meters at the deep end) and there is no whirlpool. It is located across from a large mall and indoor amusement park that the kids (7 and 10) really enjoyed. The staff were fine and the continental breakfast was nothing special, but was sufficient for our needs. The hotel is about three years old, I think. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2005
3  Thank simeon
Reviewed July 11, 2005

This hotel was constructed in 2003. It is in great shape. The staff is very friendly and customer care is excellent. I've stayed there a few times and they have a great continental breakfast. The fitness center has all that you need to have a great workout.

The rooms are very clean. Even the maids are very friendly when you pass in the hallways they will always say hi! They also have free highspeed internet access in all guest rooms that I enjoyed very much...

The location is perfect, it's the closest to the airport and it's also walking distance from Crystal Palace and Champlain Mall.

Only good things to say about this hotel. I've stayed in almost all the hotels in Moncton and for value it's the BEST.

That makes it the place to stay...

Thank you!

• Stayed: June 2005, traveled on business
3  Thank Marty93
Reviewed January 22, 2005

Located a short distance from the Champlain Mall and Crystal Palace, I found the hotel and room clean, comfortable, quiet, with ample free parking. What else could you ask for ?
I only had a slight hiccup in making the reservation on-line through their website. The room I chose offered 2 Queen size beds, and was shown as a non-smoking room. When I checked in, they were going to put me in a smoking room of the same size. Fortunately, I had printed off my reservation confirmation and had brought it with me, so I pointed out that I had selected a non-smoking room. The receptionist indicated that there must have been a mistake on the website, but she assured me there would not be a problem, and I ended up with my non-smoking room on the third floor. (I checked their website a few days later, and noticed that the second bed should have been shown as a sofabed, so I think I was upgraded to accomodate for the error.)
The continental breakfast provided was typical of those offered by other hotels: a choice of three cold cereals, muffins, croissants, toast, juices, coffee. If you prefer something more substantial, there's a nice place nearby called the Garden Breeze Restaurant (beside the Coastal Inn), or a choice of all the usual fast-food places.
They have a pool and a gym, both which appeared clean and well-maintained. Towels are provided at the pool, so you don't have to bring any from your room. Oh, and the shower has good water pressure, not the misty kind you get at some hotels.
CDN$80. + tax for a single in the middle of January. No complaints, and I'd stay there again.

7  Thank Canuck5