“Average” 3 of 5 bubbles

Lotus Fresh Vietnamese Cuisine
Ranked #42 of 261 Restaurants in Moncton
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese, Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

All of us had Vermicelli bowls, we all liked the spring rolls, although the rest was disappointing. doesn`t compare to other places in Moncton that serve similar dish. My friends said the chicken was very bland. All of us weren't satisfied with the taste overall. Sitting at the booth was awkward, being short, I had my bowl to my chin lol. The booth seats are too low and too far from the table.

• Visited January 2014

“Big disappointment”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

I was a big fan of this restaurant's previous incarnation, Viet Bistro. The interior is still beautiful, but the menu is not. I had chicken that looked like it was rejected from a processing plant. Every single one of my favourite menu items from Viet Bistro has been removed. Most appetizers have seafood in them, including spring rolls, with no vegetarian or meat option. I went to the grand opening with so much excitement for their new chapter and was hugely let down.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Moncton, Canada
“Beansprouts out of season?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

The decor is just lovely, very elegant. The food was a little dissapointing. I had the pho soup and my husband had a noodle dish that I can't remember the name of. Both dishes listed bean sprouts as an ingredient. When I mentioned to the server that there were no bean sprouts, we were told they were not in season??? Whaah? Bean sprouts have a season? :-) I thought that was rather funny. Also if you are using your Johnny coupon (BYGO coupon book in Moncton) - beware - we were only given the free item on the springroll, not the main dish - evn though I mentioned that wasn't how it worked at every other restaurant in the coupon book. I probably won't be back as we now have so many Thai restuarnts to chose from in Moncton

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank FranBow
Northfield, IL
“Try Vietnamese at Lotus”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

We've not really eaten at a Vietnamese restaurant before but went as an adventure. They said they could make most dishes gluten free for my wife and that convinced us to try them out. First of all, the décor was sparkling and inviting. We both had dishes that came with sticky rice and they were delicious - mine was bbq pork and prawns and my wife had haddock and peppers. Sauces were much lighter and not invasive, like Chinese cooking. Mine came with an excellent Spring Roll as well. A great introduction to Vietnamese food.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank BillGNorthfield_IL
Moncton, Canada
“Had the standard and they rocked it.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

Fried pork and vermicelli with an imperial roll. There was more emphasis on the on the cilantro in the salad mix which I liked. And the roll was not too greasy (unlike Viet Dong) and filling. The meat was good.

Also had the bubble tea. Had the lychee flavor but it didn't taste like lychee. Did they forget to add the flavor syrup. The tapiaco balls stuck together and we're hard to suck through the straw. (I know there's a joke in that last sentence if you wish to try). Lot's of ice cubes. I'll try the coffee-moka and avocado flavor today and I'll let you know how that goes.

• 5 of 5 bubbles