“Killer fish cakes!”
Review of Skipper Jack's

Skipper Jack's
Ranked #33 of 272 Restaurants in Moncton
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: Locally owned & operated since 2004. The finest and freshest ingredients are always used, such as Fresh Maritime seafood, P.E.I Beef Burgers & much more. Your meal will always be made fresh when ordered, we wouldn't want our food any other way and neither should you. Come in and sea us just for the Halibut. Our current menu is always available at our web page.
Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in for a quick afternoon bite with my youngest girl. She ordered the PEI mussels app for a meal. Good amount, steamed in garlic and white wine. They were very good, but mussels can be hard to mess up. A side of melted butter would have been a nice touch...

I had an order of fish cakes. I've ordered them here and there, but never found anything close to what grandma used to make. Well...Skipper Jacks came very close! They were even served up with a side of chow chow. Fries appeared to be prepared in restaurant rather than bought ready for the deep fryer.

All in all, fantastic meal for $24 tax in for both of us. Worth the trip.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

delicious seafood and chowder. friendly staff...a great place for a fab home cooked meal and a cold drink!

1  Thank stellahannah
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Dined here on two different occasions and found food and service to be first rate This eating establishment is in close proximity of major shopping malls.

1  Thank sterling c
Reviewed January 17, 2014

The chowder was so amazing! very clean and well kept non-franchise option. Good value and location..... Will be back next time I'm in town!

1  Thank Mrs S
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I have been to Skipper Jacks several times~ plusses, very easy to get to, easy parking, clean premises( I have a habit of checking the clarity of the window glass, pleasant unpretentious décor. And, the food is terrific...
Getting home last week after a tiring flight, stopped for dinner at Skipper Jack, about one hour before they closed. Very few people in the restaurant, pleasant simple waitress . Had the best freshly prepared "fish cakes" I've ever had.. I requested a baked potato as a side. It was freshly baked, not kept under a warmer.
Minuses ~ wait staff though well intentioned lack serving training("" there you go"" is hardly an invitation to enjoy a fine meal); but it's a roadhouse not a fancy hotel dining room. I'll be back..