“Seafood restaurant that can’t cook fish and chips”
Review of Catch 22

Catch 22
Ranked #15 of 303 Restaurants in Moncton
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 10, 2019 via mobile

I wanted to go to a good down east seafood restaurant. I really didn’t care what I had; I love seafood. I decided on the classic fish and chips. Well that was a mistake. The chips were skinny little French fries with some kinda powder on them (Seasoning?) The breading on the fish was thick and way over cooked. The fish itself was a small portion but tasted ok if you like filet-o-fish.

This was served with ketchup. When I went to ask for some vinegar the server was gone.

Lastly, the wine was served warm. Ok, I know: white wine with fish. But I just prefer red all the time so I’m not saying the wine wasn’t paired right. I’m saying the wine was warm (22-23 °C) when it should be 14-18°C.

Here’s my recommendation: if you want fish and chips just go to a fish and chip stand. Half the price and waaaay better.

Date of visit: June 2019

Reviewed June 6, 2019 via mobile

We had dinner at Catch 22, in Moncton this evening. The restaurant was full, and remained so (for our seat availability) for about 40 minutes. Was it worth the wait.......ABSOLUTELY!!
The restaurant ambience was great, the food was divine and the service superb. This a must go to restaurant. Can’t speak highly enough. Well done.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed May 9, 2019 via mobile

The vibe is MUCH more casual than expected but the chowder was amazing. Not thick, but so flavourful, I was told to stop in here and glad I did

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed May 4, 2019 via mobile

A real highlight of my trip to Moncton. What a great meal.

For an app, we had the maple syrup bacon wrapped scallops. Some of the best I’ve ever had. Crispy bacon. Glazed maple syrup. My goodness. All 4 of us agreed they were crazy good.

For the mains, 3 had the seafood casserole and one had the fisherman’s platter.

The casseroles were excellent. Huge pieces of seafood in a very rich sauce, broiled to perfection.

The fisherman’s platter was also very good. The scallops were a bit small, but cooked perfectly. And the crab cakes weren’t great, but good. But the fish, lobster and shrimp were wonderful.

For desert we had the chocolate caramel cake and the Creme brûlée. They were both the best things ever. That cake. My heavens.

The only negative was that we all paid an extra $4 for the twice-baked potato as a side. None of us liked it. We expressed our displeasure and they still charged the extra for it. It was a bit of a sour note on what was otherwise a perfect meal.

2 apps, 2 bottles wine (Pinot), 2 apps, 4 mains (all with the upgraded side), 3 deserts, 4 coffee, tax + tip: $335. (Parking at the nearby lot was $3).

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed April 28, 2019

Restaurant could use a little cleaning up around the windows , dusty, however aside from that the meal was excellent, the service was impeccable, the waitress was really nice and friendly. She made our bananas foster really well. Was there before , however for health reasons will have to refrain from going again. Unfortunate for me !!

Date of visit: September 2018