“Food and service was very”

Tide & Boar Gastropub
Ranked #26 of 309 Restaurants in Moncton
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Food and service was very good. Sampled a few different ales. Pleased with the ones I tried. Had a mixed berry ale and it was very good. Nice patio outside. Got there early and it became very busy very quickly. Service still remained decent even during the busy spots.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (967)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The Tide & Boar really sets the standard for "Gastropubs" in the maritimes. The menu is small enough to ensure great quality, while still offering many great options, all in a tremendous atmosphere (5/5).

We sat at the bar and got lighting fast service from bartender, server, and kitchen (5/5).

We ordered some cocktails and a few pints from a great selection of beer along with the Vegan Big Mac. The burger was quinoa based, and while the patty was little mushy, the taste was fantastic (4/5)!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This place looked good on line but don't get fooled like we did.
First of all, when we sat down, I noticed that the place was quite dirty. I could see into the kitchen and there was dirt and food scraps on the floor. Finally after quite a wait, this guy decided to take our order. He was very impatient with the four of us. I asked about their craft beer and he told me to look at the signs on the wall, then left. I quickly noticed that he was hitting on some young ladies at a nearby table and trying to look cool even though they were laughing at him behind his back.
He finally came back after having a laugh with a female staff member and very impatiently took our order. From there he went back to chat with the ladies again, then went to the kitchen to place our order.
Then, if our visit couldn't be worse, the food arrived. Although it was largely burnt, it was also poorly presented and served. Slopped onto our plates and shoved in front of us like we were at a pig trough. One of our friends ordered the spicey chicken. It arrived burnt to a crisp, black in some places, with a bunch of sliced pickles chucked on top to hide the black burnt food. We wanted to return it but the guy just wouldn't stop flirting with the annoyed customers/ladies at the other table.
Finally he came back to our table. We asked to speak with the manager. He said that he is the manager. We complained about the food and he said "that's too bad". What an A-hole!
They didn't offer a refund or even an apology, so I have decided to offer this review.
Don't be fooled like us, unless you really love lousy food and pathetic service. I have attached a photo of the pickle covered burnt chicken as proof. Disgusting.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Conveniently located downtown and a quick walk from our hotel.

Service was friendly and attentive throughout the meal.

Had the Nashville hot chicken medium. It was hotter than your typical medium sauce. Chicken was just ok. Mac and cheese on the side was very bland and not a lot of cheese.

Coworker I was with had the haddock and side salad and said it was good.

A number of local beers on tap. Beer was not as cold as I would have liked.

All and all just average.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Very underwhelming meal. Expectations were quite high going in, but fell very much short once we had our meal. Beer selection was great. Service was mediocre.

I had the burger and would have much rathered a fast food burger.. Save your money folks. Tide and Bored is nothing special.