“Great food and atmosphere!”

Tide & Boar Gastropub
Ranked #8 of 272 Restaurants in Moncton
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Nice quaint restaurant. Food was great, server was very friendly, everything was perfect. Their pulled pork sandwich is awesome!

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We had some hope of a decent experience going into this place; decent tripadvisor rating and an article in Mclean's magazine. We were very disappointed with everything. The service was terrible, food was not hot and mediocre at best. Even the hot water and lemon was just warm tap water. Mugs were dirty, sugar container dirty, drinks left empty, waitress cold, unfriendly and inattentive. It was a Wednesday afternoon and only three tables total in the whole place. I feel that if we had any kind of hospitable service whatsoever our experience could've been salvaged and I might have tried it on a different day/night. Trust me, hang on to your money.

1  Thank Rachael R
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I was in Moncton on business recently, and discovered Tide and Boar. I was shocked at how busy it was on a Tuesday night- a good sign. I had panko crusted halibut, and my colleague had the rabbit. Both were excellent, and a really nice size meal. We shared the tiramisu dessert, which was crazy rich- perhaps a little too much so. There were only 2 dessert choices- it would be nice to see a bit more choice on that front. The wine list was very nice as well.
Atmosphere was great, and service was very attentive.
I would definitely return.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

"Gastropub" certainly describes this exciting and well reviewed restaurant well.

The meals I've had there are always great, the beer is in varietal abundance, the cocktails are well crafted, and the service is never a disappointment.

The Tide & Boar made it into McLean's top Canadian restaurant list, and it is well deserved, but you pay for what you get; the prices were slightly higher than an average pub.

If your in Moncton, this is a must try.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Yes, the staff is nice and friendly but the value for the price gets 10 thumbs down. My first time here, my husband had the boar poutine and I had the pork. Poutine was good, however the pork left a lot to be desired. At the price of 26$, the pork was flavourless. The beans that came with it were tasty but not enough for any side. Will definitely not be back.