“Definitely going back!”

Red Satay Grille Rouge
Ranked #6 of 264 Restaurants in Moncton
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Moncton
“Definitely going back!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2011

the food was amazing! Lots of meat and vegetables. Impressed by fast service and food quality. Can't remember exactly what I ordered but it was in a big bowl of noodles.

Only downside: loud atmosphere but ok for lunch.

• Visited September 2011
3 Thank klcrossman

Moncton, Canada
“Delicious, fresh, consistent Vietnamese food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2011

Ate the pepper pork with side vegetables and it was amazing !! What a treat to have such a quality Vietnamese restaurant in Moncton. Even the drinking water goes through reverse osmosis which removes the chlorine taste that is prevalent in many Moncton restaurants. The food is delicious, affordable, consistent, authentic and served with a smile. The staff are very helpful with recommendations too. Try Binh's pudding for desert for something different and authentic. I miss Calgary and its selection of Asian restaurants, but Red Satay sure makes up for it. As good as any I've been to in Calgary and Vancouver.

• Visited November 2011
5 Thank gnishikawa
“Great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2011

You can't go wrong with the Red Satay!
The spring rolls are the best. The Curry Chicken with vegetables was fantastic as well.

If you're not sure what to get, try the Jenny special, you can't go wrong with one of their most popular dishes.

Restaurant gets quite busy, reservations are advised.

• Visited November 2011
4 Thank NewBrunswickTravlr
“Celiacs Beware!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2011

The waitress told me anything on the menu can be made gluten-free. I ordered, ate and was sick. I believed the waitress and assumed something else must have made me sick. The next day i was there again (previously planned lunch) and said I need gluten free, and the waitress advised me there are only a couple of options. I said the waitress the day before said anything on the menu could be made gluten-free, and this waitress rolled her eyes and said "yes, but she is wrong. They marinate the meat in a lot of sauces that have gluten, and think sauces are ok". I was shocked that they would be so ill-informed and claim the food is gluten free.
I politely spoke to the owner and advised him what happened and he advised me that he has no interest in even having a conversation with me about gluten. He said he doesn't have any interest in serving the gluten-free population, or in learning more about sources of gluten.
So, Celiacs and gluten-sensitive folks out there, this is one vietnamese restaurant that is not safe to eat at, nor are you welcome there!

Visited November 2011
8 Thank JoeanneT
“Incredible place to eat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

My wife and I wanted to go somewhere different for our anniversary and after searching for a place to eat I decided to surprise her with the Red Satay. My wife never heard of this place and I only heard and read a few things ( all good) so we didn't really know exactly what to expect. Well, after we had the most amazing salad ever and a Jenny Special each, we now know to expect the best and most incredible food we've ever tasted,, showcased with excellent service and a quaint, relaxing atmosphere, despite the restaurant being small. A definite winner and a boon to the Moncton restaurant scene. Highly recommended!

5 Thank Kristorm