“Celiacs Beware!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Moncton, Canada
“Celiacs Beware!”
Reviewed November 3, 2011

The waitress told me anything on the menu can be made gluten-free. I ordered, ate and was sick. I believed the waitress and assumed something else must have made me sick. The next day i was there again (previously planned lunch) and said I need gluten free, and the waitress advised me there are only a couple of options. I said the waitress the day before said anything on the menu could be made gluten-free, and this waitress rolled her eyes and said "yes, but she is wrong. They marinate the meat in a lot of sauces that have gluten, and think sauces are ok". I was shocked that they would be so ill-informed and claim the food is gluten free.
I politely spoke to the owner and advised him what happened and he advised me that he has no interest in even having a conversation with me about gluten. He said he doesn't have any interest in serving the gluten-free population, or in learning more about sources of gluten.
So, Celiacs and gluten-sensitive folks out there, this is one vietnamese restaurant that is not safe to eat at, nor are you welcome there!

Visited November 2011
8 Thank JoeanneT

“Incredible place to eat!”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

My wife and I wanted to go somewhere different for our anniversary and after searching for a place to eat I decided to surprise her with the Red Satay. My wife never heard of this place and I only heard and read a few things ( all good) so we didn't really know exactly what to expect. Well, after we had the most amazing salad ever and a Jenny Special each, we now know to expect the best and most incredible food we've ever tasted,, showcased with excellent service and a quaint, relaxing atmosphere, despite the restaurant being small. A definite winner and a boon to the Moncton restaurant scene. Highly recommended!

5 Thank Kristorm
Moncton, Canada
“don't delay”
Reviewed October 21, 2011

Great food & service - the pho is sooo good - my only dislike is that they aren't open 7 days a week!

• Visited October 2011
3 Thank flanalan
Moncton
“Vegan Menu! Awesome!”
Reviewed September 17, 2011

Wasn't quite sure about this place, but the food is amazing and they have an entire page of vegan options! (it says vegetarian, however most/all are vegan)

The service is great!

• Visited September 2011
3 Thank Bruxelles06
“So good!!!”
Reviewed August 30, 2011

We eat at RS about once a week. Most of us usually have the "Big One", the "Jenny" or "Lemongrass Chicken". The soup is also very good and if you're there around supper time (different menu) try the salt and pepper calimari! Yum! The service is also great and Glen the owner is always around to make sure everything is ok. They also have a liquor license now so even better! The only thing I would warn about is it's a fairly small space and it gets packed quick so call and make reservations in advance if possible.

4 Thank legeran