1,017 results
All reviewswindjammer restauranttrio restaurantgames roombreakfast buffetdowntown monctongreat poolfront desk staffmarch breakcentral locationmain streetbusiness tripexcellent stayhot tubhopewell rocksking bednew brunswicklounge
Reviewed September 8, 2005

We had an upgraded suite at the Beausejour. Although the size of the room was impressive (two adjoining rooms) the smell of the smoke was unbeliveable. We always indicate a non-smoking room when making reservations. When I complained to the front-desk about the smell and said we requested a non-smoking room, we were told that we WERE given a non-smoking room. I questioned why there would be an ashtray in one of the rooms if it is in fact non-smoking. No reply. I was told that if we would be leaving the room they would send up an air purifier. They did so. We returned several hours later. The room still stunk like an ashtray. I wasn't being petty here. The room smelled like a bar. I complained again. They sent the purifier up again. Returned to the room later. It still stunk. The smell kept waking me up all night. Upon check-out mentioned it to the front desk. Typical lip service about how sorry they were. Wrote an email to the hotel manager when I returned home. She replied that she was sorry and the upgrade certificate that I used for the room would be credited back to my account. She never followed through on that but it was a mute point since I would be reluctant to stay at a Delta again. Two letters to their head office also were left unanswered. Really disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2004
9  Thank martureytoronto
DeltaBeauManager, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Beausejour, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2008

It is 3 years since this guest visited our property and he wouldn't recognize our hotel now! Our guests are amazed when they walk through the doors into our new lobby, restaurants and lounge; and tell us they feel as if they are at a hotel in New York! Over the past year, the Delta Beauséjour has been completely renovated from our stunning new lobby to our penthouse suite. We offer beautifully decorated contemporary urban guestrooms, new bathrooms, jacuzzi suites, and a Signature Club floor with walk in showers and a private lounge for breakfast and cocktails.

Reviewed July 26, 2005

Stayed at the Beausejour for 5 nights in June and would not recommend. My room was brutally small and bad. The rooms in the hotel have not been renovated in 20 years. All the people who stayed from our conference commented on how bad the rooms were -- old furniture, bad garish wallpaper, shoddy fixtures in the bathroom. The conference rate was $180!! It should have been $99 max! The restaurant was ridiculously priced too, but there were lots of good places to eat nearby.

My wife and daughter enjoyed the pool and the staff were all good that we dealt with. The hotel physically needs a lot of work.

Some people from our conference stayed at the Howard Johnson and the red roofed one (can't remember the name) and they were both a heck of a lot nicer!

• Stayed: June 2005, traveled on business
6  Thank Wander22904
Reviewed August 2, 2004

We stayed in the Delta Beausejour on July 6, 2004 after visiting the spectacular low & high tides in Hopewell Rocks. The price of $149 (with buffet breakfast for 4, parking & tax included) was absolutely amazing for a Delta hotel. The reason we stayed in the Delta Beausejour was becuase I am a Delta Privilege Green member & will be able to be upgraded to the next level after 5 stays in the Delta hotels in 1 year so I can enjoy complimentary upgrades to suites & get $150 discount dining coupons.

The hotel rooms we stayed in had no river views but the rate was too good to miss. The buffet breakfast was pretty decent and they even offered miso soup which was quite unusual!!

As a tourist, I found Moncton way better than Fredericton, it's got intriguing Magnetic Hill & is close to Shediac where the world's largest lobster is located & we also enjoyed a beautiful time in Parlee Beach in the warmest waters in the Atlantic Ocean.

7  Thank Wismergirl
Reviewed July 9, 2004

Delta Beusejour is a nice spot, away from home in downtown Moncton. Close enough that you could safely club/pub hop with heels on. Hotel resturaunt had really good fried clams, seafood chowder and a pretty descent breakfast buffet.

Rooms were clean and service was with a smile.

• Stayed: June 2005, traveled on business
5  Thank nigelsmom1
Reviewed April 6, 2003

Recently stayed at the Beausejour and found it to be a good hotel. The rooms are well equipped and well decorated although a bit small. The Beausejour is conveniently located in the centre of Moncton. Good value for the money. Staff were friendly but seemed to lack on follow through. Promised to bring things to room that never showed up, etc.

10  Thank CanadianInMotion