“Ok for a quick stop”

Econo Lodge Moncton
Ranked #28 of 30 Hotels in Moncton
Reviewed July 16, 2014

I stayed at Econolodge Moncton for one night recently while driving from Newfoundland to Ottawa. I have to say I was disappointed. The room was dark and the window dirty so not a lot of light came in. The door was a bit sticky so it didn't shut tight without a good push.
The bathroom was very tiny, just enough room to turn around, not enough room for two people to be in it at the same time. The shower stall (no bathtub) was very dark, the only light in the bathroom was above the sink and with the shower curtain closed it was hard to see in the shower. There was hair on the wall of the shower stall from the previous guest. There was also hair on the floor in the bathroom.
The carpet was dirty and looked to have stains near the door.
I can only hope the blanket and bedspread are washed between each guest as the pillow were between them rather than between the top and bottom sheets. Knowing many hotels don't wash the bedspread and blanket between guests I put a T-shirt over the pillow I slept with.
Between the wall the TV was on and the corner were a lot of cords left loose and hanging - not very safe.
The good part of my stay is that my cat was allowed in the room with me for no extra charge.
I wouldn't stay here with children.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank missyanne19

Reviewed May 23, 2014

We took a shot in the dark and stayed here on our way to Prince Edward Island. We were so impressed with Ava the lady checking us in, we returned 2days later to be greeted by her again. My wife said she was the most conscientious employee we have ever had.
The hotel was clean, lots of workers stayed there, but we NEVER heard them leave in the morning. Good place to stay and would go there again!
They had a laundry room as well which helped us out.

Room Tip: Room 109 is where we stayed both nights.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tinkerchief
Reviewed February 20, 2014

This was just not what it was expected to be. While it was cheaper and good for a place to sleep, sleeping was just not possible. We ended up getting in at a reasonable hour to a musty, cold room and were not able to relax at all. The vending machines did not work, and there was no reasonable restaurants around to work with.

THEN, when we finally attempted to go to sleep, we were woken up to fishermen coming in and snappy high heels. Going from room to room and back again, I do not think that they were likely a cleaning service in the middle of the night. Nothing was down about this, and it was just one of the most mortifying experiences ever.

Room Tip: Don't go here.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ashley M
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Don't waste your time or money. Our room was dated and smelt musty. My wife wouldn't even take her socks off to walk on the carpet. The other reviews are accurate, avoid this place.

The only pro was the staff. They were friendly, but this hotel needs a reno

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MaplePC
Reviewed August 25, 2013

This hotel needs serious renovations. The staff is unknowledgeable about the services offered at the hotel. The pool turned my daughter's hair green. The cost of the hotel is the same as new clean fresh hotels.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Bethany B
Reviewed July 13, 2013

My best friend and I rented a room for cheap with this hotel thinking it was going to be a good weekend but there is a bar located on site and we had drunks outside out room at 1-2 am.
I called the front desk they would do nothing as the drunks were guests so I took it into my own hands got the cops in and once they left around 3 it was quiet when we checked out the hotel manager and I had a WONDERFUL TALK after I got my full refund. Ever since then we have stayed at Delta hotel chain anytime I travel

Room Tip: Call Delta Hotels 1-888-890-3222
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sean B
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We have an EconoLodge down home, its clean and well taken care of. We figured it would be the same maintenance policy as the one in Moncton, BOY WERE WE WRONG! We had been in town for a friends birthday, decided to stay here considering its relatively close to downtown but still away from the loud late night partying. The morning we were checking out, we were packing up and I noticed a pair of underwear on the floor, without thinking I thought they were my boyfriends so I grabbed them and threw them to him and said how the heck did you manage to get them between the end table and wall. THEY WERENT EVEN HIS ! GROSS GROSS GROSS ! Upon check out, I told the supervisor on duty, all he gave us was a miserable 10% off. that deducted like 5 bucks.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends