“RENTER BEWARE”

Econo Lodge Moncton
Ranked #28 of 30 Hotels in Moncton
Reviewed July 13, 2013

My best friend and I rented a room for cheap with this hotel thinking it was going to be a good weekend but there is a bar located on site and we had drunks outside out room at 1-2 am.
I called the front desk they would do nothing as the drunks were guests so I took it into my own hands got the cops in and once they left around 3 it was quiet when we checked out the hotel manager and I had a WONDERFUL TALK after I got my full refund. Ever since then we have stayed at Delta hotel chain anytime I travel

Room Tip: Call Delta Hotels 1-888-890-3222
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sean B

Reviewed May 20, 2013

We have an EconoLodge down home, its clean and well taken care of. We figured it would be the same maintenance policy as the one in Moncton, BOY WERE WE WRONG! We had been in town for a friends birthday, decided to stay here considering its relatively close to downtown but still away from the loud late night partying. The morning we were checking out, we were packing up and I noticed a pair of underwear on the floor, without thinking I thought they were my boyfriends so I grabbed them and threw them to him and said how the heck did you manage to get them between the end table and wall. THEY WERENT EVEN HIS ! GROSS GROSS GROSS ! Upon check out, I told the supervisor on duty, all he gave us was a miserable 10% off. that deducted like 5 bucks.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank brandi a
Reviewed July 19, 2012

From the outside you can tell they dont really take care of the place. We paid 109$ for 1 night, I guess we should have paid a bit more and gone ANYWHERE else. The ceiling in our room looked like it was going to fall on us. Baseboards were broken in the bathroom. Tub was dirty, bed sheets had stains on them. There were condoms in the night stand. Pool looked nice, didnt go in it. Other then that place is not good, and you can read my other reviews I dont normally complain about a hotel but this place was not good. bed were like rocks. It was a good location , close to shops and food.

Room Tip: No elevator so stay on a bottom floor.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 18, 2012

This was a one night stopover. The rate seemed reasonable $85 but when we got the room we understood..... You do get what you pay for, it was tired, dated, run down and sorely in need of renovation. The linens were all clean and plentiful but the beds were very creaky, the carpet very grubby and the brown room furnishings all added to the gloom of the place. The breakfast the following morning was poor, the worst we've ever had at an Econolodge, so I would recommend people look elsewhere. Just further on down Main Street was a strip motel at $69 which looked immaculate (pity we found it in hindsight???) The one shining glory to the motel was the efficiency and helpfulness of our check in guy, sorry I don't have his name but he should show this review to his boss, we stayed the night of 17th June so he'll know who he is!

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Footsloggers
Reviewed February 24, 2012

We stayed at the Econo Lodge,Main St, Moncton for two nights Feb 17th and 18th
with a sports team.This is the third year we have stayed there for our hockey
weekend.This is an older hotel but the price was quite reasonable.
A good continental breakfast was included.The desk staff were quite helpful
upon check in and when we required a taxi they were always great.
The rooms were adequate with two queen beds and we had no problem with the cleanliness.Several
of the other team members did mention that the rim inside their toilet was not
overly clean but everyone was quite happy with the accommodation.
If you are used to a 4 star hotel and expect 4 star accommodations this hotel is
definitely not for you.It is all in the perspective of where you are coming from.
We have traveled quite extensively in several third world countries
and have been in hotels which could not stand up to this but were clean,however,
we have also been 4 start hotels and have found bedbugs.Nothing like that has ever
happened to us here.
Overall,for affordable accommodation in Moncton I have no problem
recommending this Econo Lodge

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 11, 2012

This Hotel was by far the WORSE hotel i've ever stayed at.. save your money and go some where else.. the hotel was dirty and full of ear wigs which i didnt notice till the next morning i had a bottle of juice and i was half asleep and dry and sipped an ear wig !! i screamed and spit everywhere ... I would never stay there ever again!! deserves a 0!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Melly1986
Reviewed January 27, 2012

I was very unsatisfied with the cleanliness of this hotel. there was chest hair, dog hair and hair all over the bed sheets and bedding including the comforter.

The pillows were extremely flat and stained yellow. Mattress very uncomfortable.
When I asked front desk for new bedding and pillows, the sheet only were changed.

The bathroom was not cleaned properly. it had hair from previous customers. Bathroom was falling apart. the shower curtain was so dirty it was stained pink.

the windows here so old they had a major draft coming from them.

carpet was not clean

i will not stay here again

Room Tip: rooms are dirty
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo