“We have stayed in this hotel twice and like it very much...”

Travelodge Suites Moncton
Ranked #13 of 28 Hotels in Moncton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Charlottetown, PEI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

We had the upgraded (read recently renovated) room. The place was clean. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. I am fussy about both, and the beds here were as good as any hotel bed anywhere. The included breakfast was adequate, but with a family of four at $90 plus tax for a decent room with breakfast included it was great value. We have also stayed at the Hampton Inn just up the highway on a prior trip. The Hampton is a nicer hotel with a better breakfast, but again 50% more expensive. If staying for the weekend, chose the Hampton Inn. For a night on the road, you cannot beat the Travelodge Moncton.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Cape Breton
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

Booked our room via Priceline; I over paid for the room. Immediately after booking, I called the hotel to find out if I could have a drive up room with a king size bed. The answer was an immediate yes even though I said I paid Priceline. I will not name the employee but have the name if management responses to this review.
We arrived at the hotel approximately three in the afternoon. I told the woman on duty we had a drive up room and I was told by the woman on duty that there was no drive up room for us. Asked her if such a person(the person who worked there and told me almost a month before that we could have the drive up room with a king size bed) but was not working presently. Then she proceeded to give us the last room in the hallway on the second floor.
The end of the hall room turned out to be convenient to go to our car but as the weekend progressed we had to go through a smoke filled exit (inside and outside) to access our car.
I will say the room was clean. The bed was comfortable. The comforter with a mock duvet cover which was too heavy on the bed.
The bathroom was clean but small. Half the towels were older and harder; the other half were new and soft.
I would have lIked to have black out curtains so I could have slept later. Once the sun tries to shine through light draperies I'm awake!
A hot breakfast was available in the lobby. It was the standard breakfast but I prefer boiled eggs than the flat, precooked yellow eggs available. The sausage was spiced and some times did not look cooked enough; the real home fries hardly hit the grill. The cook your own pancakes were so flat!!
The area was clean and the staff were friendly and helpful.
We enjoyed our room and the friendly staff.
However, I was SO disappointed not to have the drive up room I was told would be ours! There should be a way in this day of technology to record the information so people do not have to start their weekend vacation annoyed!!

Room Tip: I would have given service excellent except for the drive up room disappointment.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Kelly M, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Suites Moncton, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay at our property. I ensure you that quality and service our very important to us here at the Travelodge Suites Moncton. I can certainly appreciate your frustration; unfortunately at the time of your arrival we did not have any ground floor rooms to accommodate you. I am unaware of the smoke issue in the exit way as this should not have been the case. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused for you. I have taken into count all of your comments and will use them so that we may fine tune our services to help us better your satisfaction in the future.
I am happy to see that you did comment on our cleanliness and staff, thank you on behalf of all of our team here. I do hope that this will not deter you from booking your stay here with us in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly with any reservation requests or further concerns. I would be more than happy to personally assist you.

Kindest Regards.