“Golf trip”
Review of Rodd Moncton Hotel

Rodd Moncton Hotel
Ranked #8 of 31 Hotels in Moncton
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We enjoyed our night at the newly renovated Rodd Hotel. We have stayed here many times in the past and love the handy downtown location. The (mostly) renovated room is really nice, great comfy beds and pillows with lots of space in the room. Part of the bathroom was updated (sink area), but the shower tub/tiles and baseboard could use some updating as well! We stayed right by the elevator, but surprisingly we didn't hear any noise through the night. The breakfast was fine, not great but good! We will absolutely stay again.

Room Tip: Pick a room in the hotel rather than the motel and one facing the back of the building to avoid the...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Islanderx
RoddMoncton, General Manager at Rodd Moncton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback from your recent visit. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our downtown location and our rooms with the comfy Simmons Beds! Thank you for continuing to choose Rodd Moncton, we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

The following is a copy of a letter I sent to the Rodd Moncton Hotel.

We stayed at the Rodd Moncton on Saturday 25 May 2013 and we were very disappointed with the room due to how small it was. It was definitely the smallest hotel room we have ever stayed in but to make matters worse, the bathroom was miniscule, so small you could hardly turn around inside there with the door closed. I'll bet the whole bathroom only measured about 3' by 6'. If you were anywhere near obese, you wouldn't be able to use the toilet in there. Also, there was no fan in the bathroom so that did not do much for privacy in such a tiny room. NOBODY RENTING A HOTEL ROOM DESERVES TO BE GIVEN A ROOM LIKE THIS! PERIOD! When I mentioned this to the front desk at check-out I was only given excuses about this being the older section of the hotel. I don't care what section it is, it is simply NOT ACCEPTABLE. Perhaps, because I booked through Priceline I was given the blow-off but as far as I'm concerned I should have gotten what anybody else would have gotten. Then to be brushed off by the lady on the Front Desk only goes to show that Rodd simply does not care!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank CSANTANA
RoddMoncton, General Manager at Rodd Moncton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Thank you for your comments, we appreciate hearing feedback from all our guests as it helps us improve our services, I will respond directly to your letter and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to have you as our guest again.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

The room was small, but everything was nice and clean. The bed was very comfortable. During the night, there was so much noise coming from the other rooms that we had to call the reception to advise them about it. It took them a while to solve the situation, but it finally stopped at about 4 AM.

It would suggest to try another hotel in Moncton. It was too expensive for what you get. We took the room "Standard Single" with a queen bed at 99$ + taxes.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Antoine O

Thank you for your comments. We pride ourselves in the cleanliness of our rooms so I was glad to hear everything was to your satisfaction. I would like to apologize for the noise and that you were unable to sleep and I am sorry that you found the room small, we do have different sizes of rooms throughout the hotel. Please contact me at your earliest convenience as I would like to discuss your experience with us in order that we may improve our services.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Positive: Great service, friendly staff, amazing super comfortable new beds, window blinds that actually close properly! (great modern design), nice room with very large office workspace, reasonable prices, nice free breakfast, good location, close to downtown, the mall, the Tidal Bore (if you're interested, it is next to the viewing area)

Negative:

Teeny tiny bathroom! I could barely use the toilet with the door closed and I'm 5'4" average build. Seriously! If you are 5'5" or taller, or more than 150 lbs, you'll have to leave the door open. The shower is is like a dungeon, old and dirty and digusting from the 1960's maybe (?). Wasn't even worthy enough to shower in the morning as I refused to get in there, with the cracked mildew tiles, hairs and dirt - so we waited until our next hotel stay! Our room was in the old section with the drive up units, so perhaps the interior hotel area is fully renovated properly.

Noisy -
We stayed on the backside facing the river - I don't know why there are so many garbage trucks around, there must have been three that were there during the night/early morning and I don't even think there are three bins to empty! I wouldn't recommend staying here on a busy holiday weekend when there are a lot of other guests, I can see how this place would be quite loud! It wasn't a full house when we stayed.

Key Cards - the door key card readers seem to be from the 1980's. Every time we left the room, it took at least 5 minutes of fiddling around to get the door to open, using two different key cards.

Not business friendly, in our room anyway -
Internet connection: free but very slow, painfully slow sometimes ... and one other strange oddity - our GPS would not work inside the hotel room, it wouldn't pick up a satellite, even though we were at a drive in unit with a large living room window. Cell phone service a bit choppy too. I called the front desk to see if there was a business center with a printer I could use, but the only way to print something is to email it to the front desk and they will print it for you.

Room Tip: It is convenient to have a drive up unit if you are a smoker, or a dog owner so it's quick acces...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravelHelper2013

Thank you for your feedback. We pride ourselves in guest service pleased to hear everything was to your satisfaction. I would like to apologize for the noise and that you were unable to sleep and I am sorry that you found the room small, we do have different sizes of rooms throughout the hotel. I will be following up with our maintenance regarding the door lock and the WiFi connection, as well as our waste removal service.
Please feel free to contact me at any time to discuss further so we may improve our services.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

My friends had a bachelor party and we stayed at this hotel. The groom was kicked out of his room without warning while in bed at 3 in the morning with trumped up accusations of a noise complaint. It is truly unbelievable treatment of it's guests do not recommend at all for anything staff were rude and unhelpful even prior to the aforementioned incident.

Room Tip: anywhere but here
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Erik T
RoddMoncton, General Manager at Rodd Moncton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

As a hotel we do our best to ensure all of our guests receive the best experience possible, including a well rested night’s sleep.

Unfortunately in your case, after our warning to abide quiet time, the disruptions continued and were preventing other guests from sleeping. It is certainly difficult when situations like this occur, and as in your case; we were left with no choice but to ask for the members in the specific room to leave the property to avoid further disruptions to other paying guests.

Respectfully,

Reviewed May 2, 2013

The service at the Rodd is unmatched. From the time I phoned to book my room to the time you check out, every interaction was a positive one. They were clearly striving to make sure my stay was as comfortable as possible. Also, the beds were so comfortable that I had a hard time getting up in the morning. I felt like I had slept on a cloud.
My only complaints are that there was hardly any counter space in the bathroom and the breakfast sausages in the dining room one morning did not look very appetizing but I just opted for something else instead.
I will definitely be staying here again on my next trip to Moncton.

Room Tip: If you like to go to bed early (before 11PM on weekdays), ask for a room away from the main street a...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
RoddMoncton, General Manager at Rodd Moncton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

We strive for providing each guest with excellent customer service and thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I will certainly pass your kind words to our staff.
Our Simmons pillow-top mattresses, fluffy pillows and duvets really do guarantee a good night sleep!
We look forward to your return visit and would be happy to offer a riverside room with additional bathroom counter space and storage.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

We were only at the hotel for one night, but I have to say that I have never been in a hotel with such a confortable bed!!! We were in town for a tournament and needed all the sleep we could get for my daughter. The hotel was well situated and close to where we needed to go and we had a nice relaxing night there. Just wish it had been a longer stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
RoddMoncton, General Manager at Rodd Moncton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

We appreciate the time you have taken to provide your feedback from your recent experience. We are pleased to hear you found our downtown location convenient and most of all, we are pleased to hear that our Simmons Beautyrest beds provided you with a comfortable relaxing sleep! We hope that you return to visit us again soon!