“Moncton's best rest”

Crowne Plaza Moncton Downtown
Ranked #15 of 31 Hotels in Moncton
Reviewed June 2, 2006

Recently stayed at the new Crowne Plaza in Moncton the rooms were excellent, the hotel is in the cneter of town, next to the down town shopping center, and within a few blocks from anything.

3  Thank Trustingtraveler

Reviewed May 28, 2006

The place has been newly renovated. I didn't eat at the restaurant but hear it is very nice inside and the food good.
The staff seemed very good.
If you're looking to book an event there, they have a lovely ball room. I was surprised at how nice it was after renovations! There are good sized meeting rooms available too.
It's across from Highfield Square Mall, not the largest in Moncton but it has a Bay to shop at and if you need a pharmacy, there's one there too.
Highfield Square is also the central exchange for the bus system in the city so if you're on foot, you'll easily be able to get around the city. The largest mall, Champlian Place is only about 8 min by bus.
The hotel is on Main St. and it's a nice place to stroll around in the day time and check out the shops and restaurants. I don't care for it in the evening as farther along Main St. there are many clubs...BUT there are none right by the hotel so it's a quiet/safe area.

Stayed: April 2006
Reviewed February 28, 2006

Stayed at the Crowne Plaza end of Feb 2006.
Hotel located Downtown...across from Highfield Square, 5 minutes to Champlain mall and Crystal Palace.
Rooms are nicely decorated, beds are super comfortable...firm mattress with a featherbed on top. 4-5 star linens...duvets. Room very clean, had great service from staff.

The pool is nice, has hot tub. Since renovations, Now has a fitness center located beside pool area. Equipment all new...3 treadmills, 1 eliptical machine 2 bikes. No free weights, but a nice universal weight system.

Restaurant on 9th floor (good breakfast)

Had a great stay. Will definately stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2006
4  Thank 2Scooter
A TripAdvisor Member
Omaha, NE
Reviewed February 3, 2006

I selected this hotel for a business trip because I have stayed at Heathrow Crown Plaza in London and other Crowns. The Crowns are superb hotels. They stand out in the hotel crowd as one of the finest. The Moncton Crown is living up to the name. Excellent is the key word here. The food, service, location. Very quiet (I insist upon this at any hotel and have refused to pay for a noisy one)Every little request was handled with care and a smile. I might also mention that this hotel (as well as the other Crowns) have the softest towels you will encounter in any hotel.

• Stayed: February 2006, traveled on business
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 27, 2005

On my first business try to Moncton, I needed a good place to stay for a week. I had a hard time choosing between the Howard Johnson, the Delta Moncton, or the Chateau Moncton.

I have choosen the Howard Johnson mainly because it was the closest to my work location, but even with the review of various Moncton hotel, I couldn't choose.

Well, I'm very happy with this choice. First, this hotel is very close to downtown and offer free parking, which is great. Although there is still renovation going on (This hotel is now under the Crown Plaza Banner), the room are perfect, and it offer Wireless High Speed Internet.

The bathroom above average, and the beds very confortable. Business wise, it will serve your needs.

What I did prefer is the Upper Deck restaurant, sitting at the top of this 9 story building, which offer an scenic view of Moncton. Breakfast are serve from 7:00am, and you can contemplate the direct sunrise.

On the negative side, their magnetic cards for the rooms are very sensitive and need to remade them 4 times on the week. I hope this will be corrected. Also my first room was at the complete end of a corridor and the WiFi signal was not that good. Fortunatly, they gave me another room where the wireless was working perfectly.

While I might try another hotel on my next stay here, I've been very happy at the Howard Johnson Moncton

• Stayed: September 2005, traveled on business
5  Thank Storm666
Reviewed August 21, 2005

The HoJo in Moncton was probably the best hotel we stayed at during our whole two week vacation. It was recently renovated, and the lobby and rooms are all fresh and elegant. We did walk up the stairs from the parking lot, which takes you past the side vestibule, which was not renovated, and looks quite shady. We took the elevators after that, and there were no unsightly spaces.

Check-in was easy enough. We had some problems reserving the hotel a few weeks before, and to apologize we were upgraded free to an executive suite. For $75 (CDN) a night, we got an excellent deal!

The room was very nice, with a large bathroom. We had a view of Dieppe, and the lights at night were pretty. Free bathrobes in the suites, and upgraded toiletries too, which we took advantage of. The microwave and fridge in the room came in really handy too, as we could make our own meals (there is a Sobeys across the street with an excellent selection of ready-to-make meals).

The hotel is right on Main St, and close to most things in downtown Moncton. We didn't walk around much, because we were using it as a base for Fundy/Hopewell/Kouchibouguac, but it's well-situated for visiting the city.

The only downside was that the ice machine was noisy, and it went a bit haywire on our second night. It didn't bother our sleep, but was a bit annoying in the evening.

We tried the breakfast buffet in the restaurant, and it's nothing special. Go to a local bistro for breakfast, or the Moncton Market if you're in town on a Saturday, for a better deal.

In all, The Moncton HoJo was a great place to stay, and I would love to return if I'm ever in the area.

• Stayed: August 2005
9  Thank Mikeez_101
Reviewed August 10, 2005

Moncton was a pass-through for my family on our way to Nova Scotia, so I figured a HoJo's would probably be OK, especially based on reviews posted here. I got a decent night's sleep, which is what was important, but I would definitely not get overly excited about this place or the much-vaunted renovations. Rooms a little dank, climate control touchy, shower rather weak, desk staff laid-back to the point of near-coma. It will do in a pinch, but don't set your hopes too high. (Awesome breakfast down the street at Cora's!)

• Stayed: July 2005