“FANTASTIC Hotel in Downtown Moncton!!!”

Crowne Plaza Moncton Downtown
Ranked #15 of 28 Hotels in Moncton
Halifax, Canada
“FANTASTIC Hotel in Downtown Moncton!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayed Feb 3&4, 2013 on business. This was my 1st stay at this Hotel and I must say, this will br the ONLY Hotel I stay in, on future trips to Moncton!

Don't let the exterior look of the building fool you. What counts at all Hotels, is how clean & updated the rooms are; food quality and demeanour of staff. This Hotel truly excels in all of these categories & I would know, as I travel often, even though I don't post on-line feed backs as often as I'm able.

Food fron room service to the restaurant is impeccable. I can't wait to return to Crowne Plaza Hotel, Moncton!

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
CPMoncton, Market and Online Coordinator at Crowne Plaza Moncton Downtown, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thanks for your great review! We're glad you enjoyed your stay. Our Chef takes great pride in serving quality cuisine and your rave review about the restaurant, t-Bones is very much appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you again on your next stay in Moncton.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

This was a nice clean hotel in downtown Moncton. We were there for a big hockey tournament and there were 7 other teams staying at the hotel. I have to say it was quiet! We never really noticed the other teams and the rooms were extremely quiet and spacious if you stayed in an inside room. The rooms facing the street were half the size.
One downfall would be that breakfast is not included. I find most hotel who cater to teams and large groups offer breakfast. The cost was quite expensive for breakfast with the kids.
One nice thing was it was close to the grocery store and NBLC. There was also a nice coffee shop next door.
I would stay again but for a team go to one of the larger chains which offer breakfast and have a nicer pool.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the larger rooms which face in.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

I took one of my associates here on a business conference and she had a room with heat that didn't work. When the front desk was notified we were told it would be fixed the next morning. Upon returning from a day long conference, there was still no working heat and the room was not cleaned. A clear lack of regard for their clients has me never booking at this hotel again... we left early and booked the last night at another hotel where management actually showed appreciation for their guests.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Dan O
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Moncton Downtown, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Dan O,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback. I am happy to read that you found our location to be suitable for your needs. However, I would like to apologize for the issues you and your associate experienced with the condition of the heating system in the room and service received from the staff. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests.

Once again, many thanks for your review and we will use your comments to improve our efforts.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Dartmouth, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

Had to make a quick trip to Moncton and spent a night at the Crowne Plaza. It was neat for me because I had stayed at this location many, many years earlier as a kid when the hotel was under different ownership.
They've done a good job with the renovations. I would say it's a solid hotel in a very good location. On a nice day, theatre, pubs, shopping and restaurants are all within a very easy walk along the main drag. If you have a vehicle on the trip, there is a garage with ample parking.
The room we stayed in was quite spacious with a separate sit-down area. Again, the room isn't flashy but solid. The bed was very comfy.
We used the fitness room. It wasn't big, but it wasn't busy, so it was fine. They had all the basic equipment covered and it was all in good shape.
The pool was super busy with kids. It was very basic.
The hotel is easy to find because it's a taller building with the clear Crowne Plaza sign.
It was a short stay, but a pleasant one.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Torbay, NL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

This is a fine hotel.Clean and functional. Nice dining room and small bar on main floor. Reasonably priced buffet or 'to order' breakfast. Dinner was good and reasonably priced as well. Bar is basic, just off dining room area as you enter, doesn't have beer on tap, just bottles.

Room was very clean and well appointed. (I had a Queen Executive on the 8th (quite floor -sign says no children or circus animals allowed), I got this as an automatic upgrade from 5th floor due to my priority Club status.) They also provided free water and chocolate bars as a priority club bonus. There is an attached parking Garage accessed via the back. Only funny thing is the steps inside the front entrance to get up 1/2 a floor to the lobby.. but the have a concierge /bellhop to help with bags. Very friendly staff. The location is a little further down main street than most of the other hotels and eateries... but not by much..you can be at a nice restaurant in a few minutes walk. there was a mall and Hudson bay across on Main Street but they have closed and are to be torn down for a new stadium(?) I believe, so you may want to check in the future if construction noise is an issue.
The main st. side offers the best view, but also is nearest to the train tracks so you can hear and see the trains go by.

A cab ride from the airport is about 15 minutes and cost ~$25.
I'd stay there again.

Room Tip: Main st. Rooms may overlook construction in the future, check before booking Main st. Upper floor r...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

My wife, 6 month old daughter and I stayed there as part of our 2 week trip to the East Coast. I opted for Moncton as it was central for where we wanted to visit.

There are not a lot of options in Moncton to stay when it comes to higher end hotels. We needed a place that would be guaranteed to be clean etc. for the baby.

They do their best to accommodate at the hotel. That I will definitely give them. However, it is just a dated hotel that needs some renovations. Their parking lot is at the back in a very small and dark 3 level garage. It's also not so convenient when checking in or out as you need to lug your luggage quite a distance to arrive to reception. There are very limited ramps, so if you have a lot of luggage and/or a stroller... be prepared to wait for the elevators as they take a long time to arrive and are quite small.

We had asked for a kettle for our room to boil water for making baby formula. Unfortunately, they did not have one for the rooms, so they did their best to accommodate by giving us a coffee thermos from the kitchen. It was a nice gesture... however, a coffee thermos... is going to smell like coffee... no matter how you rinse and wash it.

There are some nearby restaurants that we visited without needing to take the car which was nice. Overall it was a satisfactory hotel. Not cheap by high end standards. Not high end by my standards.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
PEI
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

I booked the room via the Crown Plaza website as it was actually a cheaper rate than the Priceline or hotels.com rates (which is strange). We just needed a place to stay after a long day of shopping and the price was right. Our room was just fair, the top blanket didn't seem super clean (I have an issue with hair & fuzzies) but the sheets were fine and that's the biggest thing for me. The carpet was dingy but it is an older hotel so that's almost to be expected. Other than that our room was good. I've stayed at the Crown Plaza previously and it seemed the room was a lot nicer so I'm not sure if we had an older room or not. It was very noisy, which obviously is no fault of the staff but it did interfere with our sleeping a bit. It was the same night as Wine Fest which I didn't realize and so the hallways and the room next door was a bit loud but it quieted down when they left to go to the bar (with a short time of rowdiness when they came home at 2:30). These were not deal breakers for me but they may be for some people.

Complimentary buffet breakfast was delicious and one free parking space was great, front desk was wonderfully helpful and friendly. Put us in a larger room when they found out there were four of us and not two. Great value for what you pay, and at least 70 cheaper than most other hotels in the Moncton area.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the elevators so you don't have to listen to people going to and coming home...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family