“Great for Business Travel”

Crowne Plaza Moncton Downtown
Ranked #15 of 31 Hotels in Moncton
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza at the end of August for two nights The location is a little off from the main strip, but you can still walk to all of the restaurants and bars. As for the rooms, they are very spacious and comfortable but need a little love.
What makes this hotel great for business travel is the free internet in the business center and great in-room breakfast options. Overall the stay was nice, but the next time I am in town I might choose to stay at a hotel more centrally located.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed September 16, 2012

It took a bit to find this hotel if you follow a gps or google maps because you would assume it's on the strip of restaurants and hotels on main street. It is a bit away from that and if you look up you will see it since it is one of the taller buildings with the prominent signage. The parking structure is a bit of a question mark so I parked outside instead. When I arrived so did a few crew members from Air Canada. From the sounds of it they stay at this hotel often. My room was on the small side with a view of what I think is part of a ventilation system. The air conditioning and heating system is also very loud in the room so I was trying to find a setting for it not to come on. There was free wifi and parking was $10. The front desk was very pleasant to deal with.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank jenmito
Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel many times and it seems to get better every time. This time I arrived late and was greeted fast by the font desk clerk. He offered me a choice of snacks out of a basket and gave me a complimentary upgrade to a larger room on the quiet floor. The room was large, modern, and clean. With a king bed, new flat screen tv, couch and chair. With updated amenities like the keurig coffee maker. All in all a nice modern hotel option in downtown Moncton.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed one night on way to Nova Scotia from Ontario. I booked this hotel on Hotwire and got a good price. However, this hotel was nothing to brag about. We had a very small room that was decorated nicely. The bathroom was small and had good quality towels. We were only in it to sleep, shower and hit the road again so we didn't take advantage of any of the hotel amenities.

The location of this Hotel is right down town so if you are traveling like we were having one closer to the highway would be more convenient.
There is a $10.00 charge for parking and you have a choice of outdoor parking lot or parking garage.

We stayed at a two star Days Inn in Riviere du Loup on the way back that we thought was much nicer and had more to offer then this 3.5 star for the same money. With Days Inn we also received free parking and complimentary breakfast. That said, I would consider my options when booking this hotel. I don't think I would stay at this location again.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Stayed at the Crown Plaza first weekend in Sept. Great customer service by everyone. Stayed in a King Exec room..on the 8th fl Very spacious (except the bathroom)... Great view... Great location. Quiet..comfy beds..excellent buffet breakfast. Would stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Very disappointed in this hotel. I booked via Hotwire which has not to date let me know...until now. This hotel was listed as a 3.5 star but this is obviously due to listed features as opposed to condition. Very dated, parking garage looks like the slums of an inner city, and to top it all off the phone system was not working the night we stayed !! When I went to the front desk to inquire as to why no one was answering the phone, I discovered this. When I asked to additional towels for my teenage daughters one of whom was already in the shower, I was rudely told by the staff member that I would have to wait as there were only two staff on in the whole hotel and the other one was locking the doors. The only reason I gave this place two stars as opposed to one is due to a very pleasant staff person who checked us in. We will not be returning. And PS....the hotwire discount was not great....could have done much better elsewhere and had a nicer hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, IHGCare at Crowne Plaza Moncton Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2012

Dear Islandfamily,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am pleased that you had a good experience at check in. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Crowne Plaza around. Please accept my sincerest apology for falling short of your expectations on this day, especially with the front desk service received. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Hotel needs renovations, we got a room with horrible view of a building undergoing renovations, when I asked to change the room, I was told that they are fully booked. Pool is nice, room service not really, we were staying 2 nights, our room was not cleaned in the morning, I had to call front desk to get someone to come and clean it, and the did not add any used shampoo or soap. So overall not satisfied at all.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
CPSmitty, Manager at Crowne Plaza Moncton Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Anna290,
Your feedback is important to us. Going through our reviews we have been getting a lot of great feedback from frequent trip advisor users which makes it even more difficult to read yours. Your stay did not meet your expectations and of course at a Crowne Plaza, it should. Being a downtown location we have little in terms of view (except one side on higher floors) and the Government Building beside us is getting a multi million dollar face lift. Fortunately it is not causing any noise challenges but we agree, it is not the most pleasant sight from that side. Thankfully they are almost complete this side and will move on to the next.
As for your room service, your feedback will be shared with out restaurant staff. If our chef makes a great meal and we are fortunate enough to have it ordered by our guests with so many restaurant options around, we need to ensure the great food gets great delivery service.
Lastly, when the hotel is sold out it can sometimes mean getting room serviced as late as mid afternoon for those staying another night however I am glad to hear when you asked for service it was accommodated, just needs to have the finer details checked in on. Believe it or not we get so many guests asking us not to replace their shampoo and soap as they feel it simply wastes it to throw out half a bottle. In your case you expected it and it is tough to juggle which is a better call. Happy to say we donate our remaining closed bottles (not open bar soaps) to a local shelter.

Your feedback is important and we will definitely use it to continue keeping ourselves in check.