“Decent Property for a Short Stay”

Crowne Plaza Moncton Downtown
Ranked #15 of 30 Hotels in Moncton
Reviewed July 21, 2011

We stayed at this property for one night on an Atlantic Tour. This was a nice property for a short stay. The room was decent in size and had two nice queen beds, was clean with a modern bathroom. The hotel furnished a full range of toiletries in the bathroom that included a very nice wall mounted hair dryer. The room was quiet but it was located in the back overlooking an ugly rooftop view. I'm sure the tour usually gets these rooms for a value price so while we get a decent room, we got an unattractive view. The cons were, a broken elevator and the others were very slow. The ice machine was broken but there was a sign that read, "part is on order." There were ice machines on every floor so it was not that inconvenient. The buffet breakfast was not very tasty nor did it feature a wide selection of breakfast foods. However, it was free so I really can't complain too much.
Lastly, the staff was very efficient, and helpful. Overall this is a three star basic hotel that gives you value and a good night's sleep.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
CPSmitty, Manager at Crowne Plaza Moncton Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2011

Thank you for your comments. There have been several updates since your stay and we are pleased to also mention that the parking structure should not be an eye sore for very much longer! Unfortunately when the hotel is busy we can not completely avoid that view however that side of the building does give a great view overlooking downtown. In terms of inside the building, we have changed up our breakfast offering and even down to the display to be much more appealing. Chef has worked hard with our General Manager to come up with newer and higher end products and preparation techniques to offer a much better breakfast experience that one should expect from a Crowne Plaza hotel.

Reviewed July 5, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Crowne Plaza on a weekend getaway from Toronto, and I have to say I was pleansantly surprised. I had read up on Trip Advisor recommendations, there are always a few bad comments out there from those whose expectations are unrealistic, but took those with a grain of salt. Our weekend was phenomenal - the hotel was clean and quiet, the bed was OH so comfortable and the front desk staff were professional and friendly. I highly recommend the Crowne Plaza to anyone out there looking for a quality stay where staff really care about you. thanks for making our weekend away memorable. We will be back!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelqueen64
Reviewed July 4, 2011

We are a family of 5, who were in the city for a convention. My children loved the breakfast buffet and my son loved the fact that the accessible room was really accessible, very easy to move the wheelchair around, spacious and very clean.
Throughly enjoyed our stay and I must give Caitlin Carson, the Guest Service Manager, a heartfelt thanks, for all her help and her wonderful hospitality!

Room Tip: speak to Caitlin in guest services, she is amazin!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
8  Thank edna2011
Reviewed June 12, 2011

Just got back from our stay at the Crowne Plaza in Moncton, and have nothing but good things to say about the hotel and staff there. I was there for two nights with my wife, celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary, and we both had a wonderful time.

Check in was extremely easy and quick, and our receptionist, I think her name was Tanya, was amongst the friendliest people I’ve ever encountered in the service industry. She was very polite, well spoken, informative, and very inviting. Exactly the type of person you want working the front desk.

We stayed in a Jacuzzi suite, and it was fantastic! Very clean and quiet room, with no distractions, a very comfortable and relaxing weekend for my wife and I. The room was well stocked with lots of little extras which made the stay that much more comfortable. Check out was extremely easy, as they simply slipped our statement under our door in the morning, and that was it. Wonderful stay, great staff, and we will certainly be looking to stay here again in the future!

Room Tip: Jacuzzi Suite was great for a romantic setting.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PaulWilliamLewis
Reviewed June 11, 2011

We stayed here for one night for a medical procedure requiring we remain in Moncton. Check in was a breeze. Front desk was professional and personable. Our room was small but appeared to be clean and quite sufficient. Very convenient location with attached parking ($10/night). Pool hot tub gym area appears very well maintained although we did not have an opportunity to enjoy them. Only problem arose when we were preparing for bed, turned down the covers and there was MAKE-UP on the covers. We are not the type to complain but this was completely unacceptable. I called front desk and they advised they would send housekeeping to change the bedding. This COULD deter someone from staying here. However, despite the unpleasantness of the situation, the young girl they sent was pleasant, apologetic and efficiently changed the entire bedding top to bottom. We never did get a call from anyone to ensure the problem was resolved or any apology from management for this, however as is frequently the case, employees often better represent a company than does it's management. Would we stay here again? Definitely. Do I think the management staff could be more hands on for the customer it serves definitely.

• Stayed: June 2011
CPSmitty, Manager at Crowne Plaza Moncton Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2011

Perceph1,
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback and experience. Unfortunately the make-up incident did not make it from the staff member who received the complain to the management team. I can assure you the management staff including the GM review the entire incident report daily for any issues in order to follow up with both our guests and our staff when required. Any items are discussed at each morning meeting.
We went through the logs and the sheets for your room were in fact fresh back from the laundry company however I will say that we are in the process of negotiating to change laundry companies because things like this are unacceptable.
Again thank you for your feedback! It is nice to see that even though things sometimes don't go 100% as planned, someone made the effort to quickly resolve it!

Reviewed June 3, 2011

After reading several reviews of other hotels in Moncton, I decided on this one. It was in the high end of my price range, but I seemed to have mostly positive reviews. My flight did not arrive until near midnight, so I was pleased when I arrived jetlagged and everything was done, key programmed, and Internet passcode written in the key envelope ready for me. The room was smaller than other hotels I've to, but was just right for me. The location was great, I was able to walk to nearby attractions. A tip: try the restaurant upstairs at the Bay across the street for an inexpensive, easy meal.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed May 27, 2011

Just had a 3 night stay at this hotel and it was fine, room was clean, was there for a conference and they had everything ready for me to check in (keys programmed, etc.), housekeeping staff very friendly.

My tip would be (and this would be true of any hotel right on Main St.) is next time I will ask for a room not right on the main street - there was a lot of noise from traffic, particularly motorcycles. Not sure if this is usual or maybe just because the nice weather was starting and everyone was getting their machines out at once. I found the same thing at Chateau Moncton but I thought this end of Main would be quieter.

Also, ask for a room away from the vending machines and elevator if that noise will bothe ryou- some hotels have them separated and so there is no noise, but this one has rooms by them. Didn't try it out but the gym and pool looked nice.

The Club Sandwich at the restaurant was good.

Room Tip: Get a room at the back!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
CPSmitty, Manager at Crowne Plaza Moncton Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2011

Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience! You are correct that with nice weather comes the motorcycles and some are quite loud!
We are currently working on getting the windows to the next level for sound proofing by working on better sealing around the ones that open. Although current is good, we'd like to move them to great down the road!
Thanks again and we look forward to your return in the future!

Management