“New Restaurant "The Bent Spoon" with all new food so "Good"”
Review of V Hotel and Suites

V Hotel and Suites
Ranked #20 of 30 Hotels in Moncton
Reviewed July 26, 2013

"V hotel and suites"
Well I have never been here before and well I must say it is really nice when you walk in the front door the lobby is stunning. The guy on the desk was extremely nice. So "Gordon" let me see one of the new rooms and that is where i stayed.
Now the whole reason I am even writing this "Gordon" told me to go try the new restaurant " The Bent Spoon" so I got cleaned up and did. I had the Lobster & Shrimp vermicelli what a pasta dish. I have never had that flavor before. The lobster and shrimp were cooked to perfection, the pasta was the right texture, and the red pepper pesto was so different just absolutely one of the best Restaurants in Moncton N.B.
The server was really nice and personable and just so sweet. So today I got to try their breakfast that goes with the room. It was 1 scrambled egg, 1 sausage, 1 toast, pan fries, Tea or Coffee. What more can you ask for it was really good I am a big eater so I payed for a side of toast and bacon off the menu only cost $5.25 not bad at all. I will be coming back to this "NEW HOTSPOT" a home away from home but just with better food. Thank you all so much I will be back soon.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lisa J

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I have always loved this hotel before it turned into V hotel and suites. Its nice to see it all renovated and looking so beautiful. We just recently got to stay in one of their renovated rooms and it was extremely comfortable and of course all staff are wonderful as usual. The Bent Spoon restaurant is a wonderful place to eat as well. Nothing beats their pool at this hotel as its mind blowing how cool it is :-) You want to stay at a beautiful hotel with a down home feel then stay here :-)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We booked our room here for a very reasonable price and so were not expecting too much. But this hotel really blew us away and turned out to be a diamond in the rough. The hotel was quite luxurious and almost seemed a little out of place in the area because it seemed so classy. The room we stayed in had hard wood floors, nice white down comforters, fluffy pillows, decent wifi speed, and a better-than-average continental breakfast. The pool also looked nice, although we didn't try it out.

The only negative that I can think of is that we woke up a bit earlier due to some loud construction workers outside of our hotel. The hotel should have probably been more proactive at quelling noise that might disturb their guests.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Typical Motel Accommodation close to DT, nice indoor mineral Pool and Hot Tub, nice front desk staff; washrooms and bedrooms are a bit outdated but comfortable. Will suffice for a night's stay, plus you get free continental breakfast in the morning.

Room Tip: Some rooms face directly toward the Pool, which can be very convenient for access, but also could be...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jechega
Reviewed May 10, 2012

See my family first was in saint John and went to the colonial inn there well this one was like the opposite of that one. These rooms are renovated, cozy and the staff was so kind. We got there late so the restaurant and pool wasn't open but they look so nice. Brand new TV, the place had free movies to rent and had things like tooth paste, combs and many other things. Like I said it was the exact opposite of the one in saint John!

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Apple2013
Reviewed April 23, 2012

My wife and I, and another couple, went to the ECMA in Moncton NB. We stayed at the Colonial Inn right downtown and enjoyed ourselves.

The price was inexpensive, the rooms clean and big, bed was adequate (not enough pillows), cleaning and front desk staff were great, came with continental breakfast, and a mini-fridge.

It has a salt-water pool and salt-water hot tub, both were quite nice.

Also a bar is in the basement that has live music on the weekends.

We knew it would be "loud" due to many musicians but we were lucky in our location we didn't hear much.

The parking was free (a very nice touch for downtown). Nearby were the Delta and a Crown Plaza both much more expensive.

If/when we go back to Moncton we would have no problems staying there again...as long as we remember extra pillows.

Room Tip: We preferred the far back so we could get access to our car in the parking lot easier but as it is o...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank JimBarbCanada
Reviewed March 19, 2012

My parents always stay at the Colonial Inn when they come visit, and they love it. The prices are fair and the motel is kept very clean. We all enjoy swimming in the pool and lounging in the hot tub too. The staff goes out of their way to be friendly and helpful to all guests. Last time my parents were down, I had forgotten a shirt in their room and didn't know it until later. Almost a week after their stay, I called the front desk and they told me that the housekeepers had put it aside for me! It seems like a small thing to be grateful for, but I truly appreciate the honesty of the staff at the Colonial Inn. It was a nice shirt, and I know that other hotels in the area have staff who like to keep the things guests leave behind once their stay is over. Not the Colonial though; their workers act with integrity and know good customer service.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family