All reviewsthe pool area was lovelyglass domeretractable roofattached restaurantfree parking and breakfastdoor leadingsalt water poolprice pointrooms are smallan older hotelfantastic locationthe ac unithotel restaurantthe ground floorone night staynice breakfastlots of parking
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We booked our room here for a very reasonable price and so were not expecting too much. But this hotel really blew us away and turned out to be a diamond in the rough. The hotel was quite luxurious and almost seemed a little out of place in the area because it seemed so classy. The room we stayed in had hard wood floors, nice white down comforters, fluffy pillows, decent wifi speed, and a better-than-average continental breakfast. The pool also looked nice, although we didn't try it out.

The only negative that I can think of is that we woke up a bit earlier due to some loud construction workers outside of our hotel. The hotel should have probably been more proactive at quelling noise that might disturb their guests.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Typical Motel Accommodation close to DT, nice indoor mineral Pool and Hot Tub, nice front desk staff; washrooms and bedrooms are a bit outdated but comfortable. Will suffice for a night's stay, plus you get free continental breakfast in the morning.

Room Tip: Some rooms face directly toward the Pool, which can be very convenient for access, but also could be noisy if you're looking to relax. Pool closes at 10 PM.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jechega
Reviewed May 10, 2012

See my family first was in saint John and went to the colonial inn there well this one was like the opposite of that one. These rooms are renovated, cozy and the staff was so kind. We got there late so the restaurant and pool wasn't open but they look so nice. Brand new TV, the place had free movies to rent and had things like tooth paste, combs and many other things. Like I said it was the exact opposite of the one in saint John!

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Apple2013
Reviewed April 23, 2012

My wife and I, and another couple, went to the ECMA in Moncton NB. We stayed at the Colonial Inn right downtown and enjoyed ourselves.

The price was inexpensive, the rooms clean and big, bed was adequate (not enough pillows), cleaning and front desk staff were great, came with continental breakfast, and a mini-fridge.

It has a salt-water pool and salt-water hot tub, both were quite nice.

Also a bar is in the basement that has live music on the weekends.

We knew it would be "loud" due to many musicians but we were lucky in our location we didn't hear much.

The parking was free (a very nice touch for downtown). Nearby were the Delta and a Crown Plaza both much more expensive.

If/when we go back to Moncton we would have no problems staying there again...as long as we remember extra pillows.

Room Tip: We preferred the far back so we could get access to our car in the parking lot easier but as it is only 2 stores use that as a basis if you have many bags (no elevator as far as we could tell)
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank JimBarbCanada
Reviewed March 19, 2012

My parents always stay at the Colonial Inn when they come visit, and they love it. The prices are fair and the motel is kept very clean. We all enjoy swimming in the pool and lounging in the hot tub too. The staff goes out of their way to be friendly and helpful to all guests. Last time my parents were down, I had forgotten a shirt in their room and didn't know it until later. Almost a week after their stay, I called the front desk and they told me that the housekeepers had put it aside for me! It seems like a small thing to be grateful for, but I truly appreciate the honesty of the staff at the Colonial Inn. It was a nice shirt, and I know that other hotels in the area have staff who like to keep the things guests leave behind once their stay is over. Not the Colonial though; their workers act with integrity and know good customer service.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family