“Over priced average food with sub par service”

Gahan House Hub City
Ranked #101 of 309 Restaurants in Moncton
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Went to lunch and ordered the chicken tacos. They were okay. Had to send the roasted vegetables back because they weren’t cooked (I could barely get my knife through them). Ended up with fries- I think they may use the same grease that is used for fish maybe? Fries had a peculiar taste to them. Not worth $16. It took a very very long time to get our meal for a lunch. I think the only time our waitress smiled was when we were leaving. While waiting for our food she didn’t come back once to check to see if we wanted another drink. She didn’t even come to check on us while eating. I had to wait until she eventually came by just to tell her my veg wasn’t cooked, and then she spun around so fast that I couldn’t ask for another beer and water. For a sit down restaurant I would expect quicker service and a friendlier waitress. At least if our waitress was nicer and came to offer water (or visit in general) it would have made up for the long wait and over priced average food. I was there a couple of weeks ago and the nachos are sad. There is barely anything on them, and if you add protein the nachos are almost $25 - crazy really. For $20 nachos you would expect them to be loaded. I won’t be back. This is my fourth or fifth time going and I’ve been disappointed the last three times I went.

Date of visit: September 2019
1  Thank kellypX3629KU
hubcitygahan, Guest Services at Gahan House Hub City, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi kellypX3629KU,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback, we appreciate hearing from our guests to help us improve. We would also like to apologize for these disappointing experiences and we would love to talk with you further if you'd like to email us at gmhubcity@gahan.ca.
Thanks again,
Maggie

Write a reviewReviews (26)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Gahan Hub City has variety of very good craft beers and good food with beautiful decor and awesome patio. We started with a tasting flight of beers and pretzel bites. We enjoyed the raspberry sour and the blueberry ale. My wife loved the hard root beer which was her favorite. We ordered the mac and cheese and the bake brie. The mac and cheese was cheesey and good. The bake brie is brie with blueberry maple jam and candied pecans and was delicious. Service was exceptional and food was very good.

Date of visit: August 2019
hubcitygahan, Guest Services at Gahan House Hub City, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi bigdoubled71,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We are so happy you enjoyed your experience with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 12, 2019 via mobile

Love the seasonal pumpkin ale. What an amazing experience. Lived the chicken chorizo sausage penne and the raw oysters were presented beautifully. Calipari had a nice, light breading so not to overpower the fresh seafood. All in all, A wonder of Hub City

Date of visit: September 2019

Hi 826brettj,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience, we always love hearing from our guests. We are so happy you enjoyed your time with us and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed August 29, 2019

Stopped here for lunch. We usually go to the Pump House, which is situated close by. We were delighted to find attractive, spacious, and comfortable tables (with thick and large napkins) in the pub. The huge building encompasses rooms for rent and condos on the top. We were particularly pleased to have so much space, beautiful decor, and were given a warm welcome. The craft beer (Irish Red) was served at a fine temperature, and the menu is tailored to any taste. The service was outstanding, and the prices are reasonable. Live acoustic music every Wednesday evening. The Pump House has competition!

Date of visit: August 2019
hubcitygahan, Guest Services at Gahan House Hub City, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2019

Hi jslocombe2016,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience, we always love hearing from our guests! We are so happy you enjoyed your time with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 18, 2019

My wife and I had dinner at this restaurant while passing through Moncton on our way to NL. We were familiar with and fans of Gahan brews and had dined a number of times at their Charlottetown pub. I ordered the chicken penne and my wife the fish & chips. Somehow the kitchen mistimed the order and my penne was served while my wife received the fries only. The waitress apologized and the fish soon followed. The food and brews were fantastic. What was odd was the reaction from the staff. They credited our fish & chips and provided a dessert at no charge. We weren't upset with the slight hiccup in delivery of the food but they responded in a way that was totally unexpected but very appreciated.

Date of visit: June 2019
hubcitygahan, Guest Services at Gahan House Hub City, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2019

Hi Brigus54,
We are so happy you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. We hope to see you again the next time you're passing through!