“Nice hotel but the casino buffet was disappointing.”

Hotel Casino New Brunswick
Ranked #11 of 30 Hotels in Moncton
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for one night. King suite was clean and comfortable. The shower was huge but very cold with no door. jacuzzi would have been a touch. Went to casino for dinner-waited about 1 hour for the surf and turf buffet. It was good but there was little choice of food. It was under construction so maybe it was not to full service. After getting to cashier to pay-she informed us to sign up to the "free club" for discounted meals. We did go and sign up and they did bump us right to the front to pay. We enjoyed our evening at the casino. We had breakfast in the casino in the morning-nothing fancy but delicious!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank vwlgirl

Reviewed March 14, 2013

The room itself was great! Large, soft and comfortable bed, great flat screen tv, mini fridge, complementary Kuerig coffee with cream and sugar, wine glasses, fantastic bathroom with HUGE shower and lots of space, spotless. No complaints at all!

The restaurants, however, another story! We ate at Moose's Wild for dinner and then the buffet for breakfast the next morning. Moose's wild food was good once we got it but service was painfully slow, had to practically beg for a drink. The only thing that was fast was the bill (go figure). The buffet was quick to get in but it's set up so you have a waitress to get your drinks. The poor girl was run off her feet and it took 20 minutes to get a coffee and OJ. The food itself was ok, but nothing fantastic. The eggs were not warm and the bacon was sitting in a ton of grease. Not a good breakfast at all.

If they improved on the food options, this place would be a hit because the hotel is FANTASTIC! There are lots of fast food places around and other restaurants not far away. There is a Cora's close by near Costco (about 10 minutes) which would be a better breakfast option.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here on Valentine's Day and it was really great.
The room was very nice and clean. The best part was the bathroom it had a huge walk in shower! The beds were also really comfortable. We had a really great stay and couldn't believe the price, it was a great deal!
The only bad thing I have to say is that the bed frames are really pointy and sharp and easy to run into, we both ran into them accidentally and I still have a bruise on my shin from it and my boyfriend still has a gash on his shin, not sure how they'd fix it but I would definitely watch out for them it hurts a lot!
I would definitely return to this hotel and can't wait until I can!

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Jillian D
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Great hotel and cheap price due to the proximity of the casino, a short indoor walk from the hotel. Get a membership card at the entrance to the casino and enjoy the $9.99 buffets.
Room was large and clean and a huge shower. Ask for the seniors price and enjoy.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elavators
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Rooms itself are very nice, the bed is super comfortable and a nice selection of coffee /teas from your personal Keurig maker. Nice size television and good walking distance from casino. The room itself is top notch, the rest isn't and needs improvement. Very noisy when staying on the weekend. I did see three security guys trying to control the noise however they cannot be everywhere. Upon checking in, I could not use my $20 coupon as the front desk said because I booked online. It was on their website that I booked so I couldn't see the logic behind that one. For $207 for a one night stay is pretty steep. Upon check out, no one asked how my stay was so that really needs to be improved upon. Customer service. Overall, that is why I am rating it Average.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed overnight at Hotel Casino New Brunswick while visiting the same complex for a concert. The rooms are very spacious, beds are comfy and there are lots of little extras in the room. Keurig coffee machine with a good variety of complimentary coffee, Ipod dock with usb charger. The washroom was really spacious...my only complaint is that the mirror area isn't very well lit. I will definitely use this accomodation again. It was especially perfect for anyone going to a concert in the casino or just wanting to spend a fun night playing the slots. The Moose's Wild Pub did not have enough servers on to handle the amount of people that wanted munchies and a drink after the concert so service was extremely slow but the food was great!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank poohbr_14
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We enjoyed our 3 night visit in November, 2012. I noticed for the first time that the rooms are showing their age. A lamp on one of the night tables had a very loose shade that couldn't be fixed. We stayed at this hotel when it was brand new and noticed quite a change this time. The bedspread and decorative pillows didn't have that "fresh" look and I wondered if they were actually changed between guests. Upon leaving I made the Front Desk aware that our maid was not efficient. Although we left a tip each day, her room cleaning was hit and miss.

The shower is large, but if you're just over 5 feet tall, it's not easy to reach the shower head to adjust and you have to stand under the flow of water to do so.

It was convenient to be able to walk down the hall to the elevators which took us to the second floor where the casino is located. The free parking is a bonus

All in all, yes I would stay at this hotel again but I do hope they try to keep things as nice as they were when it first opened.

Service is friendly at the Front Desk.

Room Tip: We had a room on the third floor. It was quiet and just a walk down the hall to the elevators to ta...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple