“Clean, comfortable room but bad food service!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Casino New Brunswick

Hotel Casino New Brunswick
Ranked #12 of 28 Hotels in Moncton
Halifax, Canada
“Clean, comfortable room but bad food service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The room itself was great! Large, soft and comfortable bed, great flat screen tv, mini fridge, complementary Kuerig coffee with cream and sugar, wine glasses, fantastic bathroom with HUGE shower and lots of space, spotless. No complaints at all!

The restaurants, however, another story! We ate at Moose's Wild for dinner and then the buffet for breakfast the next morning. Moose's wild food was good once we got it but service was painfully slow, had to practically beg for a drink. The only thing that was fast was the bill (go figure). The buffet was quick to get in but it's set up so you have a waitress to get your drinks. The poor girl was run off her feet and it took 20 minutes to get a coffee and OJ. The food itself was ok, but nothing fantastic. The eggs were not warm and the bacon was sitting in a ton of grease. Not a good breakfast at all.

If they improved on the food options, this place would be a hit because the hotel is FANTASTIC! There are lots of fast food places around and other restaurants not far away. There is a Cora's close by near Costco (about 10 minutes) which would be a better breakfast option.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Charlottetown, PE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here on Valentine's Day and it was really great.
The room was very nice and clean. The best part was the bathroom it had a huge walk in shower! The beds were also really comfortable. We had a really great stay and couldn't believe the price, it was a great deal!
The only bad thing I have to say is that the bed frames are really pointy and sharp and easy to run into, we both ran into them accidentally and I still have a bruise on my shin from it and my boyfriend still has a gash on his shin, not sure how they'd fix it but I would definitely watch out for them it hurts a lot!
I would definitely return to this hotel and can't wait until I can!

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Jillian D
Douglas NB Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Great hotel and cheap price due to the proximity of the casino, a short indoor walk from the hotel. Get a membership card at the entrance to the casino and enjoy the $9.99 buffets.
Room was large and clean and a huge shower. Ask for the seniors price and enjoy.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elavators
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Bathurst, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Rooms itself are very nice, the bed is super comfortable and a nice selection of coffee /teas from your personal Keurig maker. Nice size television and good walking distance from casino. The room itself is top notch, the rest isn't and needs improvement. Very noisy when staying on the weekend. I did see three security guys trying to control the noise however they cannot be everywhere. Upon checking in, I could not use my $20 coupon as the front desk said because I booked online. It was on their website that I booked so I couldn't see the logic behind that one. For $207 for a one night stay is pretty steep. Upon check out, no one asked how my stay was so that really needs to be improved upon. Customer service. Overall, that is why I am rating it Average.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
Saint John, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed overnight at Hotel Casino New Brunswick while visiting the same complex for a concert. The rooms are very spacious, beds are comfy and there are lots of little extras in the room. Keurig coffee machine with a good variety of complimentary coffee, Ipod dock with usb charger. The washroom was really spacious...my only complaint is that the mirror area isn't very well lit. I will definitely use this accomodation again. It was especially perfect for anyone going to a concert in the casino or just wanting to spend a fun night playing the slots. The Moose's Wild Pub did not have enough servers on to handle the amount of people that wanted munchies and a drink after the concert so service was extremely slow but the food was great!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank poohbr_14
Eastern Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We enjoyed our 3 night visit in November, 2012. I noticed for the first time that the rooms are showing their age. A lamp on one of the night tables had a very loose shade that couldn't be fixed. We stayed at this hotel when it was brand new and noticed quite a change this time. The bedspread and decorative pillows didn't have that "fresh" look and I wondered if they were actually changed between guests. Upon leaving I made the Front Desk aware that our maid was not efficient. Although we left a tip each day, her room cleaning was hit and miss.

The shower is large, but if you're just over 5 feet tall, it's not easy to reach the shower head to adjust and you have to stand under the flow of water to do so.

It was convenient to be able to walk down the hall to the elevators which took us to the second floor where the casino is located. The free parking is a bonus

All in all, yes I would stay at this hotel again but I do hope they try to keep things as nice as they were when it first opened.

Service is friendly at the Front Desk.

Room Tip: We had a room on the third floor. It was quiet and just a walk down the hall to the elevators to ta...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank peisummer
Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

This is the type of hotel that is going to be very different experience depending on what you're there for. I suppose this could be just a strictly casino visit, a couples weekend of spa and entertainment, concerts, or just a business visit. I stayed there one night on business trip, but don't mind playing the tables. I liked their free valet parking for guests, although I didn't use it. I didn't see a valet always around so i'm not sure if I would want to wait for my car as the parking lot is mere steps away. The rooms are very nice, with lots of rooms and a nice single serving coffee maker. The beds were comfortable. The only thing I didn't like about the rooms were the designs of the shower. At first glance they're massive which is cool, but there is no other choice than to stand in the stream of cold water to turn it on. The shower on/off should have been put on the side wall. Kind of a weird oversight. The staff at the hotel seems very accommodating and were always around at the desk. I did gamble (and won!), and I ate at the Moose bar right in the casino. Food was not great but service was good.
It seems that there would be lots of different rates for this hotel too. I wouldn't pay rack rate. ask for business rate or players rate at least. I signed up for the players card as I heard the rooms can get quite discounted on your next visit if you gamble a little.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business