“Good Hotel for the price”

Hotel Casino New Brunswick
Ranked #12 of 30 Hotels in Moncton
Reviewed January 16, 2013

This is the type of hotel that is going to be very different experience depending on what you're there for. I suppose this could be just a strictly casino visit, a couples weekend of spa and entertainment, concerts, or just a business visit. I stayed there one night on business trip, but don't mind playing the tables. I liked their free valet parking for guests, although I didn't use it. I didn't see a valet always around so i'm not sure if I would want to wait for my car as the parking lot is mere steps away. The rooms are very nice, with lots of rooms and a nice single serving coffee maker. The beds were comfortable. The only thing I didn't like about the rooms were the designs of the shower. At first glance they're massive which is cool, but there is no other choice than to stand in the stream of cold water to turn it on. The shower on/off should have been put on the side wall. Kind of a weird oversight. The staff at the hotel seems very accommodating and were always around at the desk. I did gamble (and won!), and I ate at the Moose bar right in the casino. Food was not great but service was good.
It seems that there would be lots of different rates for this hotel too. I wouldn't pay rack rate. ask for business rate or players rate at least. I signed up for the players card as I heard the rooms can get quite discounted on your next visit if you gamble a little.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank canadacoast2coast

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Maybe I have been to Vegas a bit too much, but I found the Casino at Hotel Casino New Brunswick to be - well... cute. Yeah, its cute. Serious gamblers need not even consider it, but for those looking for a bit of fun for a few hours it is homey and cute with a small bar, a table or two, busy slot machines, small bar... did I say small bar, and it is just nice to see that someone built a Casino on such a small scale. The restaurant is unfortunately really bad, the buffet was just inedible and they ran out of inedible anyway, but it is convenient.

As commented on by others, the hotel rooms are really very good, and they are new and comfortable and clean. There is a spa that seems to have unusually short hours so we did not get a chance to use it, but hey this is Moncton so the fact that there even is one is fab. So for a weekend or as a drive though place to stop, this is a very good choice. Stay away from the buffet, lose your $20 and have some fun in a small comfortable casino.

Room Tip: They are new, I doubt that there is much of a difference between any of them.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 6, 2013

My significant other and I spent a weekend there; a weekend getaway from our daily lives... we chose this place and were we right!

We took a two-night packages that included some casino play and a suite.

The suite was very very nice, big and very comfortable. We couldn't have asked for better.

Check-in was very easy, fast and the staff was very nice. When I got to the room, I was very impress. The first room was a semi-kitchen (microwave, mini-fridge, sink and Keurig Coffee maker) with a table and a living room with a dvd (couch could be converted into a bed). The second room was the bedroom where a huge and comfortable king bed was standing, a workdesk, a tv and many commodities were present. The bathroom was huge and had a standing shower, a bath. The decor was very simple, yet extremely elegant.

We saw a few rooms and they were very nice too. We wouldn't hesitate to stay in one at any time.

The casino being attached to the hotel, it's easy to go without going outside (very nice in the winter!!!).

Many amenities were also available; a gym, an indoor pool & hot tub.

The casino was very good to us. We did win a little bit but we had a great time with a nice selection of slots and a few table games. The staff at the casino was great, very helpful and always ready to help and answer questions. The free coffee & pop machines are a nice addition and unlike Vegas, you don't have to wait to get your free drinks, you can go get them. Though alcoholic drinks are not free (not a problem for us, we don't drink!!).

It was sad to have to leave on the Sunday, when the weekend was over... but we will definately go back and highly recommend it !!!!

Room Tip: The view towards the highway coming in from Fredericton isn't great (though not bad). I wonder i...
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I decided to try a new place on this trip and I enjoyed it. The rooms are very nicely done.The bed was extremely comfortable and the hotel was quiet clean and very modern. The pool area is great so kids would have a good time.
I enjoyed really good food in the casino restaurant and bar. Best Chowder since my trip to San Fransisco. The casino is not huge and has a lot of slot machines and a few gaming tables but I did walk away with a few dollars.
My only complaint is the lack of reastaurant in the hotel for breakfast and since the casino does not open until 9am it's a problem. There is a good breakfast place up the road but it you don't have a car it's a concern. I will stay there agin the staff was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: In the winter I would ask for a room facing away from the parking lot because the plows can be annoy...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank 4minuu
Reviewed December 31, 2012

My family and I enjoyed our visit to Casino New Brunswick on Christmas Day. We enjoyed the beautiful room and the pool and facilities. Lovely experience and facilities.
We had to go to downtown Moncton to find breakfast as children are not allowed in the breakfast area due to the Casino. Unless I missed something,there was no offer or other options for children perhaps there could be some consideration for families that want to use your facility. Just a thought.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Mary W
Reviewed December 15, 2012

This hotel is big, sprawling, modern. Gorgeous chandeliers, decor is modern, neat, clean, up to date. Check in is quick, polite. Rooms are gorgeous!!! HUGE ROOM with big King size bed that is super comfortable, fluffy pillow top, soft pillows, soft sheets, dreamy!!!
Great decor, modern, but warm. Keurig coffee maker in room with coofee, tea selections!
A bit of a walk to the Casino, which is a rip off. The Casino buffet is quite good for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Super pool, hot tub, excercise room. Very comfortable, safe feeling hotel.
We have stayed here many times, and will definately be back!!!

Thank freeme!
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Spent a night here last weekend and had a great stay.
Rooms are quite big, bed very comfy, very nice bathroom with a great shower.
Flat screen television, small fridge and Keurig coffee/tea machine with complimentary coffees & teas.
Very clean and comfortable room, we enjoyed our stay.

2  Thank c0verdale