“Casino Buffet”

Hotel Casino New Brunswick
Ranked #11 of 30 Hotels in Moncton
Reviewed July 27, 2012

My husband and I had the most wonderful buffet meal at the Casino in Moncton, New Brunswick. The variety of meat, in this case, turkey, ham, roast beef were all tender and delicious. Vegetables were perfectly done and mouth watering. Potatoes were smooth and creamy. Everything was superb. Coffee was excellent too. Desserts were very good. I am pleased we chose to dine at the buffet. What I was perplexed about was that this lovely place with such fine food does not have a name. Price is extremely reasonable. I would most certainly return without hesitation.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ken B

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Our over all stay was ok. The rooms are huge and the beds are comfortable and love that each room has it's own safe but on the other hand there was some drawbacks. One was we are a family of four and we stayed for three night and each day they only gave us two sets of towels, one small bottle of shampoo and conditioner and one bar of soap. Our shower was not cleaned properly. There was hair on the shower floor and walls that didn't belong to us. Which grosses me out. The tree days we were there they did come in to clean rooms but didn't clean that hair out. One thing that I respected was they didn't touch our belongings. I left me bag on the bed and they wouldn't move it to make bed. They did leave a note explaining why and that if I did want the bed made to call downstairs. I thought this was great. Another downside is that the restaurant is inside the casino so the kids couldn't go. They do have room service but more expensive and the kids can't get the cheap buffet. So for every meal we had to run out of the hotel to eat. No breakfast included. They do have a spa as well and they have a very nice pool and hot tub. Not enough towels though. Every time we went in there wasn't towels avaliable. If you don't have kids with you may be more enjoyable but not really kid friendly. They don't have microwaves in the rooms either so we went to ask if there was one avaliable to make popcorn in and they said there wasn't one in the whole hotel to use. So we went to the vending machine to get bars and because it's so hot in the vending machine and ice room the bars were all melted and unable to be eaten. As for wether we will be back or noti would have to choose not.....

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Jaime T
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Stayed here when we were driving up to Halifax. Room was nice with free wifi, a little fridge, good shower water pressure and perhaps the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. Casino was nice, small compared to any in AC, Foxwoods or LV. I was called by the concierge about 15 mins after we checked in to see if there was anything we needed. Free parking

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Finally had an opportunity to visit Moncton's Hotel Casino and was extreme pleased. Late arrival
Had us arriving after midnight and the reception was extremely warm and friendly. Upgraded to top floorremium suite and certainly it was a welcome surprise. We stayed 2 nights and the suite was large and well appointed. Very relaxed stay and enjoyed the food and entertainment at the casino.
Certainly we will be returning next month.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2012

We were driving past Moncton from Fredericton on vacation and thought we would stop and check out the buffet at the Casino for supper. It was our first time there and we were lucky to stumble in on Monday night and got the 6.99 meal deal for those who have the Casino's reward card (which can be picked up at the front desk).
It was getting late, so we decided to check to see what kind of a deal we could get at the hotel for the night. We were able to snag a government rate of ninety nine dollars for the night. That was good news, we could settle in there without having to look farther.
The hotel looks quite new. Liked the decorations and pictures in the lobby. Staff at the front desk were helpful and competent. We got a room on the third floor. Hallways were impressive. Very high ceilings and nicely decorated. Our room was large clean and airy feeling with the same high ceiling. Comfy bed and linens. Modern, sleek furnishing. The keurig coffee machine with free coffee tea and milk and cream in the fridge was a nice touch. Large bathroom and modern shower area, but no tub in our room. We spent a quiet night and I called down to request a later checkout, which was extended to twelve while my husband took a bike ride around the area. The pool and the fitness area looked good, but we did not use them. The spa is not open on Tuesdays, so i did not get the chance to check that out.
Check out was fast and staff at the desk helpful in showing us directions around the city.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AntigonishBarb
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Overnight at this hotel on our way home from USA. The rooms are lovely, but we had
an unpleasant experience. We ate at the pub located in the casino. Had a couple of drinks at
the bar while waiting for table signed our bar tab of a drink each to room. Continue to our
table had supper signed bill left tip and bill on table. 1 a.m. two security staff show up at our room claiming that we left the pub without paying our bill (which was charged to our room). Not a nice experience.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Youngone_12
Reviewed May 30, 2012

This room was booked by the people hosting me. Therefore, I had no choice in the matter. Once checked in, boy was I GLAD they choose this property! The room was big airy and nice. It did lack in decorative touches but still was very comfortable. I ordered room service, the attended was maybe a bit too friendly, but then again this is the Maritimes. The best part of this hotel is definitely THE BED! It was so amazing that I feel asleep just laying on it. I will inquire about where I can get this bed when I'm due for a change. The casino is nice, small but nice.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the street for less noise! Corner room are quite big!