“Excellent Hotel”

Hotel Casino New Brunswick
Ranked #11 of 30 Hotels in Moncton
Reviewed February 8, 2012

My husband and I recently spent a night at this hotel. The purpose of our trip was to see a show.

The hotel is beautiful, this was the largest hotel room I think I've ever had. King size bed with six pillows and two more in the cupboard, very comfortable! Everything you could want in the room, mini-fridge, wine glasses, keurig coffee maker with real milk and cream in the fridge, no coffee mate which was a nice surprise. Lighted make-up mirror in the bathroom (which was also huge) and a real hairdryer, not one of those ones stuck to the wall.

The only complaint I had about the room was that the lighting was kind of dim in the bathroom and there was no shelf in the shower to put your shampoo and conditioner on while showering.

We did use the pool and hot tub and they were very clean and I think this pool was the warmest pool I have ever been in at a hotel. It was a good size with a place to swim laps also.

We don't gamble so we didn't visit the casino, however did walk through it to eat at the pub for breakfast and the food was quick and tasty.

Front desk staff were pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lrobertsw

Reviewed January 30, 2012

Had a great stay with husband for my birthday. I had a facial booked for the next day which was amazing and the spa was beautiful! Very professional and lovely ammenities. My only tiny complaint was the woman who checked us in. Very unprofessional- she gave us the wrong room keys and wrote the wrong room # down. So after trying 5 different rooms on the third floor we went back to the lobby where she had our right keys in hand and ready (clearly she knew she made a mistake). It was annoying bc it was her fault she could have came and found us. She also just gave us our keys and that was it, she never told us anything about events, where the elevator was, where the pool was etc. We're a young couple but I think we still deserve the right respect.

Other than that it was great, the bed was so comfortable and the rooms were great! Loved it! Everyone should sign up for the rewards card at the Casino you can get the buffet for a great price and discounts at the spa too! And it's free!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Ok Nice staff, beds to soft, no lugage rack in room, no mouthwash, nice that there is a magnifying makeup mirror, hair dryer.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Margie1489
Reviewed January 7, 2012

To start, this is a nice looking place. It's new and 'new' still shows. Its also a sprawling property. Its a very long walk (indoors, but long) from the hotel to the casino/restaurant. Unfortunately, the most memorable part of our stay at this hotel was the fact that it lost our reservation and the subsequent trouble we had to go through, just have a place to stay for the night. The hotel also lost a reservation for one of my colleagues who was in Moncton for the same function as we were. Customer service at the front desk was deplorable. It took over an hour before we got a room. Shortly afterward, we were given an upgrade, I suppose as an olive branch for the reservation mix up, but the 'suite' we were given was just extra empty space. There is no mini bar or snack foods in the room. Just an empty fridge and a keurig style coffee machine. I can't complain about the bed though...it was very comfortable! There was no breakfast included in spite of the steep cost for the room, so we had to pay extra for the buffet breakfast. It had a huge VERY SLOW line to get in (thanks to an all-too-chatty cashier). Most of the food was basic, found on any buffet but I have to single out the bacon..it was about the worst I've ever encountered. Oh, and this is not a family place. The buffet is inside the casino...minors are not allowed in.

The best part of this stay was leaving the buffet. I dropped a $5 bill in a machine on the way out and left with $80 in my pocket. That helped to polish an otherwise unspectacular stay.

There are many less expensive places to stay in Moncton, and we'll definitely choose one of them on the next trip. The bells and whistles of the Hotel Casino New Brunswick just don't cut it.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank PEIslandJoe
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Had a 1 night stay recently. Staff is fast, helpful and efficient. The rooms are large and well appointed. You get a type of Nespresso coffee machine with real cream in the room. I didn't see a mini bar. You can walk to the casino from the hotel which is great in the winter.

Room Tip: Heard suites are excellent but the regular rooms are very large so may not want to spend the extra m...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Richard57
Reviewed December 13, 2011

The Casino is beautiful and the convenience of having it right down the hall from your room is wonderful, however, the hotel itself was lacking in a couple small respects. The rooms are poorly lit, as the entryway and bathroom did not have any task lighting (for putting on shoes, or putting on make-up) and the rest of the lighting was very dim, and I could hear the people in the room above me. The functionality of the storage in the hotel room was awkward too, as there were only 3 very small drawers for four people sharing a room and very counter space/storage in the bathroom. This would be not a problem, but for the cost of the hotel, I expected more. If money is no object, then it might not be an issue, but for 405$ for two nights, it was a hefty price tag for a room lacking in functionality. The Casino itself is great, the pool was empty most of the time, the beds were wonderful, and the use of the Keurig coffee machine was nice as well, so I think if money is no object, it's worth staying. However, It all depends what you value in the space, whether it's the pool and casino, or the room itself; but for the price, I expected the whole package.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 11, 2011

Great hotel and casino. Huge rooms, super comfy beds, I would pass on the breakfast buffet ....not so impressive. Pub food in casino is very good. Sign up for a casino card to get free room offers!!!

Room Tip: All rooms huge we stay often. Had a suite too nothing special just bigger empty space useless. Book...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple