“Great surprise in Moncton”

Auberge Au Bois Dormant Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Moncton
Auberge Au Bois Dormant Inn
Ranked #2 of 9 Moncton B&B and Inns
Ottawa, Canada
“Great surprise in Moncton”
Reviewed June 25, 2011

I stayed here with friends on an East Coast road trip last May. I didn't book the place and hadn't read the reviews, so arriving I was a bit spectacle of the modest appearance of the property compared to other B&B's I stayed at - apart from a small sign out front, the place did not look like a B&B. The paint was wearing off the building/porch, and parking was a laneway on the side. Once inside, I was pleasantly surprised. The B&B was beautifully decorated and very clean. The owner (forget the name) was very friendly with lots of advice for Moncton.

We stayed in room 3 on the second floor. It was quite clean, with a bathroom including a shower. The bathroom was a small step down from the room - probably not a problem for most. There was a shower, which had a soap/shampoo/conditioner dispenser - these were fine for me, though someone pickier might want to bring their own. The bed was very comfortable - one of the better nights of sleep I had on the trip. The room also had a small balcony that made it easy to get some air. If I came back, I would definitely choose this room again.

Our friends stayed in room 5 at the top of the house - it was quite large with a fireplace and a Victorian style bath tub in the middle of the room! A bit odd, but I guess it's the honeymoon suite.

Breakfast was one of the best we had on our East Coast trip. I believe there was a yogourt/fruit/granola mix, fresh croissant and a delicious egg and bacon dish.

The location is in a very quiet residential neighbourhood - about a 10 minute walk to the main commercial area of Moncton with numerous shops and restaurants.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Plymouth, England
Reviewed October 6, 2010

We stayed here for two nights. Room was at the top of the house with own deck. Bed extremely comfortable. The best of all was the breakfast and the introduction of 'maple butter' which was delicious. Easy to walk into town.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Stratford
Reviewed September 10, 2010

By FAR the most charming, quaint, magical, clean, beautiful little places I have stayed. Straight up -GO!!! You will not be disappointed! I was staying for a few days in Moncton on vacation and the place where I was at was nice, but neh...
So, I went online and came across the Auberge Au Bois - the pictures don't do it justice, it is that beautiful.
I phoned and left a message. Jaques the wonderful Innkeeper, phoned me the next day at the hotel, and said that the loft room #5 was available. I took it , and my heart is so happy I did!!!
So clean, and tucked away you really feel like you are in an elegant tree house.
The bed was a bit firm, but no complaints! The whole house is magic, and beautfully decorated.
Thank you Jaques!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Gatineau, Canada
Reviewed August 15, 2010

My wife and I stayed here during the second leg of our honeymoon in NB. The B&B was great with excellent food, location, bed and ensuite bathroom. The only drawback was that there was no air conditioning in our room and it was very hot, though we were able to solve the issue by buying a fan. We would visit again. The B&B is located close enough to downtown as to walk but far away to be away from the noise.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank derekprice2k
Regina
Reviewed August 4, 2010

I stayed there July 29 - Aug 1 2010. I am delighted with the house, my room, the host and the breakfast meals.

The house is a beautiful 2-storey home, near downtown in Moncton. Like many others in the area, it has been well preserved in its original, stately state.
My room - a spacious main sleeping area, a small sunken living room with TV, and a large & bright washroom. Shower & no tub but it was large, well equipped, and clean. The bed was comfortable and I slept well.
The host - Jacques (I think?) is a very pleasant fellow, and he was very accommodating to my requests. And the meals he prepared each morning were excellent.

It is not a cheap place to stay, but I give it full marks for value as you would get no-where near the comfort or service from a similar priced hotel.

I'm happy and satisfied; I'll go back without hesitation; and I've already recommended the place to a friend.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed July 12, 2010

We stayed here recently for the second time. The rooms are clean & comfortable, and the breakfasts are to die for! The host Jacques is very friendly and helpful. We'll definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Moncton, Canada
Reviewed December 11, 2009

I have stayed at the inn a number of times when working in Moncton. The location is lovely, the rooms are well appointed, and Jacques breakfast is really good!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business