“Excellent accommodations, wonderful staff”

Midtown Motel & Suites
Ranked #17 of 30 Hotels in Moncton
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent accommodations, wonderful staff”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I recently spent 3 nights at the Midtown, and was completely satisfied with my stay. The manager June and the rest of the staff were very helpful and extremely accommodating to all of our needs. I was honestly pretty blown away when I walked in the room and found it surprisingly huge, with several different areas including a kitchenette, a living room with full couch and a small sunroom with a kitchen table and a desk in the front. The location is wonderful, just a stone's throw from the Laundromat Espresso Bar and La Louche cafe, as well as the new Sobeys and liquor store, and a short walk to the heart of Main Street. We felt very very comfortable in the room, and could have stayed for much longer. Spacious, clean and affordable. An ideal choice for a short visit or a lengthy stay.

Room Tip: Front suite facing the road has great natural light, and a great view from the bed :)
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Woodstock, Canada
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I recently spent 2 nights at this family owned motel while in Moncton. The management and staff went out of their way to accomodate my needs. I will return to this motel when I return to Moncton in february. There is a grocery store a short walk from the motel and was able to use the complimentary kitchenette and dishes etc to have breakfast and lunch in the room. Felt so comfortable not to be in a cookie cutter style high rise hotel. The rates were reasonable and the motel is located in a residential area a short walk to downtown.The lounge was never open when I was there but the facilities were available.

Room Tip: there are a variety of rooms to chose from at this hotel. single roons, double with kitchen or even...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Brownsburg-Chatham, Canada
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I have been here with my boyfriend, was pleased, the service was good we checked in at night time and had a few questions tho english was hard to communicate with the person at the reception. We had a room on the bottom floor, it was very noisy so this is a lesson to pick a room on the top floor next time. Very easy to find and very close to everything

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Moncton, Canada
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Great price just down town .we will be back for sure.just a few min walk from bar and food bus stop just a few min walk to bus stop, bar's and restaurants. It was nice and hot when we walk in. Beds was really good had a good night sleep.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank mikalise
St. Catharines, Canada
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Staff are very friendly, and they are really helpful with everything (Especially the manager Jude). I felt like i was staying home, he treated us very nicely. rooms are really big, had enough space to put our stuff and to play for my kids. we really love to stay again there, i would recommended this motel for my family and friends.
On the other hand, i saw only few bad reviews about this motel and i was scare to stay there too, BUT once i checked in i found that some nonsense people like to give bad reviews . those people never get satisfied with anything, they only want big palaces to stay with less money ;) ( what a losers!!)
Anyways, i really love to come back next year too. GREAT JOB JUDE, KEEP IT UP!!!!

Frank

Room Tip: corner suites are large and quieter!!!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We stayed at this motel in early nov for 3 nights before staying at the holiday inn express for 2 nights and the service we got from holiday inn compared to midtown was night and day.. the manager at midtown motel Jude made us feel right at home, he even drove us downtown at night after we had a couple of drinks at his amazing bar located in his motel, which i thought was very very nice of him. etvery morning we would get a call from him asking if we needed anything and if we were ok, which was not the case in holiday inn where i payed double!!!!!!!. The rooms were exceptionallly big, great beds, microwave, coffe maker, iron, wifi, for a motel it felt like a hotel. the motel is also in the heart of downtown which is really good its 5 min walking distance to downtown restaurants and bars, and shopping, our friends who came aswell arrived via train and the via rail station is a 10 min walk which saved alot of money on cab fares. I am visting moncton in christmas again and Im definetly gonna stay here again and would recommend anyone visting moncton to stay here!

Room Tip: rooms are great! if your travelling with group i would defently recommend the suites great price for...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank RT_neelan26
Illinois
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Based on the reviews, I expected more of this motel. I think it was appropriate for the price but the reviews caused me to think that it was more updated and cleaner than it actually was. At first glance, it looked modern and clean. As I looked more closely, I saw where the carpet was not fully vacuumed and where updates had been made but where paint, etc. was not completed. Again, for the money, the motel probably met my expectations. I had just expected more based on some of the very good reviews. Very friendly and very reasonable rate.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple