“Felt like home 1500 km away!”

Midtown Motel & Suites
Ranked #17 of 29 Hotels in Moncton
Toronto, Canada
“Felt like home 1500 km away!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My family (wife, 10 month old, parents and brother) made the long journey from Toronto to the east coast last week and made Moncton our first stop. After what seemed like an eternity on the road (anyone with a 10 month old on such long trips would attest to this), it was very comforting to see this motel. We took a gamble on this hotel based strictly on reviews, and we were not disappointed.

The motel is situated in a convenient spot and reduced our travel time within Moncton greatly. The city’s big draws are within a 10-25 minute drive of the motel. And having the downtown core nearby also provided for a short stroll to some of the great restaurants the city had to offer.
But what impressed my family and I the most was the homely feel that this motel and its staff exude. The manager, Jude, really went out of his way to ensure we felt at home. We were there on a busy weekend and Jude’s warm hospitality was consistent throughout. My wife, son and I stayed in the family suite. The suite was spacious and clean. We’re quite picky about washrooms and weren’t disappointed by Midtown.

The motel’s bar was a great addition to the experience. Nothing like a strong drink at night during such a long adventure.

Overall, we had a great experience over our two nights there. We’ll gladly recommend to friends and family.

1 Thank highheatRagz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Warrenville, Illinois
Reviewed August 20, 2013

My senior mother and I stayed two nights last week on vacation. The office manager was wonderful and helped with the luggage. The location was very convenient - 1 block away from a pleasant restaurant and short walk to many other restaurants and shopping. My big complaint is that the room appeared and smelled dirty. The carpet had stains and obviously hadn't been shampooed in ages. A thorough cleaning of the room would have dramatically changed our experience. Comfortable beds and good shower.

Room Tip: If you have trouble with stairs, request a room on the first floor.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We found this Motel on line. I was traveling with my husband and we were very happy with the place. We stayed at the suite, which was very clean. kitchen with some dishes, fridge, microwave, coffee maker. Dinner, desk, the bed was comfortable. We had everything you need to keep you comfortable for your stay, employees were very friendly, and accommodating. All in a great place to stay, that’s my location of choice for any future stays in or near the Moncton area. Location was in walking distance from downtown, shopping and restaurants. The rates are great as well; I highly recommend Midtown Motel & Suites to anyone staying in the Moncton area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed August 16, 2013

This motel was very spacious and clean and for the price less than $100 per night, it was a steal. We stayed in a queen room and the beds were extremely comfortable. It had a fridge and microwave. It is centrally located close to downtown Moncton. The staff were friendly.Would definitely stay again.

1 Thank tracey m
Albany, New York
Reviewed August 15, 2013

From the states traveling with family from PEI to Quebec City. Cleared out of PEI a day early to avoid pulling down tent in rain, needed a place to stay in Moncton. Normally would have just stayed in 3 star chain on highway, but the ratings on trip advisor convinced me that I could safely spend a bit less and still get what I needed (clean, safe comfortable room). Wouldn't have taken the chance without TA, but glad I did. Hotel was clean and comfortable as advertised, and the owner was a great guy who spent time talking to me about options in the area for the family. Instead of a sterile experience on the highway, I got to see a bit of downtown Moncton (delightfully eclectic), and had an enjoyable encounter with a hardworking entrepreneur running a motel. More than worth 89$ a night.

O'Leary
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Very happy to have stumbled upon this hotel! When travelling with my kids, like most parents, I just need a clean, reasonably priced location, nothing fancy. One of the normal chain locations that you see everywhere usually suits us just fine. However on this trip that wasn’t the case, we walked in to the room we were originally supposed to stay in long enough to be disgusted and walked back out. Thankfully we found Midtown Motel & Suites not far from there. I was very happy with the rooms! They’re clean, have everything you need to keep you comfortable for your stay, the employees were very friendly, and accommodating. All in all a great place to stay, that’s my location of choice for any future stays in or near the Moncton area. The rates are great as well; we saved around $40 with the upgrade to this hotel. I didn’t get to check it out since ours was a family trip, but there is a lounge on site for any travellers that might be interested.

P.S. When checking star ratings for the original nightmare vs. this hotel, I was shocked to see it rated higher than Midtown! Whoever decided on that obviously never stepped foot in either! There's no way I would've slept in the first place, and wouldn't think of allowing my children to do so! I highly recommend Midtown Motel & Suites to anyone staying in the Moncton area.

1 Thank Magen S
Great Missenden, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

This was an average / good motel large clean rooms in a good location however what made the stay above average was the really friendly staff who gave good recommendations for food and shops and during the course of our stay were involved with the other guests. Would definitely return if in Moncton

• Stayed August 2013