All reviewsliquor storelaundry facilitiesa great place to stayking bedmini fridgecoffee makerstayed one nightmain streetfull kitchenkitchenettetoastersinkdryer
Reviewed August 15, 2013

From the states traveling with family from PEI to Quebec City. Cleared out of PEI a day early to avoid pulling down tent in rain, needed a place to stay in Moncton. Normally would have just stayed in 3 star chain on highway, but the ratings on trip advisor convinced me that I could safely spend a bit less and still get what I needed (clean, safe comfortable room). Wouldn't have taken the chance without TA, but glad I did. Hotel was clean and comfortable as advertised, and the owner was a great guy who spent time talking to me about options in the area for the family. Instead of a sterile experience on the highway, I got to see a bit of downtown Moncton (delightfully eclectic), and had an enjoyable encounter with a hardworking entrepreneur running a motel. More than worth 89$ a night.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Very happy to have stumbled upon this hotel! When travelling with my kids, like most parents, I just need a clean, reasonably priced location, nothing fancy. One of the normal chain locations that you see everywhere usually suits us just fine. However on this trip that wasn’t the case, we walked in to the room we were originally supposed to stay in long enough to be disgusted and walked back out. Thankfully we found Midtown Motel & Suites not far from there. I was very happy with the rooms! They’re clean, have everything you need to keep you comfortable for your stay, the employees were very friendly, and accommodating. All in all a great place to stay, that’s my location of choice for any future stays in or near the Moncton area. The rates are great as well; we saved around $40 with the upgrade to this hotel. I didn’t get to check it out since ours was a family trip, but there is a lounge on site for any travellers that might be interested.

P.S. When checking star ratings for the original nightmare vs. this hotel, I was shocked to see it rated higher than Midtown! Whoever decided on that obviously never stepped foot in either! There's no way I would've slept in the first place, and wouldn't think of allowing my children to do so! I highly recommend Midtown Motel & Suites to anyone staying in the Moncton area.

1  Thank Magen S
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

This was an average / good motel large clean rooms in a good location however what made the stay above average was the really friendly staff who gave good recommendations for food and shops and during the course of our stay were involved with the other guests. Would definitely return if in Moncton

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 11, 2013

This was a last minute booking and we are pleased with the stay for a night. Quite location and very close to good restaurants in downtown. Rooms are really big with kitchenette, beds are comfortable, linen is good, bathroom is clean and plenty of power outlets all over the room. Jude - the owner was onsite to answer to any questions or needs we had. He manages the Motel with such great passion. Absolute value for money!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

This is a very nice-looking motel in a residential area about a mile west of Tidal Bore Park. The greeting you will receive is very friendly and helpful. My room was modern and large. One serious complaint is the lighting. There are no sheer curtains to go with the heavy ones. Therefore, you have to choose between a dark room and being seen by everyone walking by. In addition, there is no light near the area where you can prepare food (sink, counter, fridge, microwave) so good luck with that. The fridge was so loud that I had to run it on high during the day and turn it off at night.

The TV is way too small (19” CRT?) for the room. You get no printed guide, but there is one on-screen. They offer digital TV so you get a lot of channels. The bathroom is a good size, but there isn’t enough counter space. The water was barely hot enough during my stay.

My main complaint is that they offer no breakfast even though they have an attached bar that would serve as a breakfast nook. The nice restaurant down the street that they will send you to will add $10-$12 onto the cost of your stay and subtract an hour from your day. Plenty of motels in New Brunswick at this price level give you some kind of breakfast, and Midtown should, too.

Still, given the charming hosts, the pleasant locale, and nice rooms for this price, I do recommend you stay here.

Scooper47’s top tips: 1. Bring your own breakfast and save that restaurant down the street for lunch or dinner – but only if you like “down-home” cooking and friendly, informal service.

2. The time given for the tidal bore is approximate and can be off by 30 minutes either way. Try to be there for a full or new moon when the tide is strongest.

3. From this motel, you are less than a one-hour drive from Hopewell Rocks. If you miss this park, you will have made the worst mistake of your life. They say three hours before and after low tide; I’d say two.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo