“For $79, a good deal we would take again”

Midtown Motel & Suites
Ranked #16 of 29 Hotels in Moncton
Putnam, Connecticut
“For $79, a good deal we would take again”
Reviewed June 26, 2011

My wife and I were pleased with the Midtown. We made a reservation in advance for one queen bed for $79. The desk clerk rather aggressively tried to upsell me to a king bed for $89, but I said the queen was fine; we wound up with the king anyway for the queen price. The room was fine: clean, with good hot water and water pressure, fridge and microwave, full size coffee maker. No coffee in the room, but they gave me some in the lobby. They don't offer breakfast. Wi-fi worked fine. The motel is in the middle of town, one block off Main Street, but the neighborhood seemed OK and there was not a lot of noise. I would go back again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank RoadTripRoger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Reviewed April 18, 2011

I had some buisness to attend to in Dieppe on a short notice, and This place offered exactly the best value for my money. Being only a short 2.5km drive away in Moncton.
I was only there one night, but I can say the costomer service was excellent. Many ppl are disgusted at the $10 extra cost for more than one person to a room. Well that's pretty standard. It's stated many times on thier website, and if your not willing to pay $80 for a standard room than you should have stayed home. In my mind this place is the best bang for your buck.
The room we had reserved was a single queen. When I walked in there where NO surprises. Beleive me I check everything. The sheets where stain free the carpet was clean the bathroom was Standard. When It came time to sleep I wish I had asked for new pillows however cause mine were like rocks. I whould definately stay here again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank MDcon25
Letterkenny, Ireland
Reviewed October 15, 2010

My son (16) and I attended the World junior championships in Moncton 2010. The management were most helpful, Brought us to the games on the opening day and showed us the main attractions in New Brunswick. We travelled from Ireland and were greeted to a home from home atmosphere. The accomodation was 1st class and the people of Moncton were just like the Irish. I would love to return to the Midtown motel in thefuture. Thanks to Subasch for bringing us to the airport on the morning of our departure, The Midtown Motel was a truly memorable experience. We will cherish our experience.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank SeanieMcB
Montréal
Reviewed July 3, 2010

Besides a great downton location, ratio quality/price will be up to your expectations.
The rooms are large and very clean. The furniture of the room we had was pretty new, not a scratch found! There was a quite well equiped efficiency.

At the sight of young and nervous adults as neighbourgs, I was concerned of having a good night. Well, nothing happened, I slept very well. I recommend the place!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank Konnekted
Moncton, Canada
Reviewed June 15, 2010

I've never been to a place where the owner was so rude. Sure, it was a good price, but the $79.00 a night he quoted was for ONE person and had to pay $10.00 for my friend (so not such a good price if more than 1 or 2 people). Who in the heck charges for one person and charges extra for another. So a couple would have to pay an extra $10.00 for their spouse????? Kids????? CRAZY!!!!!! Then I could not make it and so another person could go instead of me and he wanted to charge me $10.00 for that other person. I told him that it was not 3 people, just 2 as I could not go anymore. He screamed at me and said that he would not stand in front of our hotel door all night to see who was there. So I told him that is why I called, to say I could not make it and another friend would, so it remains 2 people. Well he would not let that other person go unless I paid the $10.00 for an "extra person". Now, 2 minus 1 plus 1 still equals 2 right?????? So why the extra $10.00. The rooms were not nice at all, dirty and smelly (don't want to talk about it as it makes me want to vomit). When I called to voice my concerns, he hung up on me. I had called 30 minutes after getting the room (after finding out about the extra $10.00 for a 3rd person, which would only be 2) to cancel and he would not give us our money back. I WOULD NEVER EVER RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO MY WORSE ENEMY!!!!!!! They are thief's!!!!! Worse customer service I have ever had. I WILL pay extra at another hotel before I ever touch foot in that place again. And I can go on, but it's just getting me to upset just thinking about that place. Travelers, beware of this place. Pay the extra for a nice, clean, respectable hotel. So in a nut shell, $79.00 is not a good price anymore unless you are ALONE. Because a family of 4 would be $109.00 and not $79.00 like he quoted.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
7 Thank Curi0us40
st-leonard parent
Reviewed January 5, 2010

I just returned from a 2 week stay at the Midtown motel and Suites and i have to say whom ever wrote that Midtown was dirty and discusting was not a very honest person. When my familly arrived in Moncton we rented a motel at the Econo lodge because i had 1/2 price coupons (bad mistake) upon opening the door the room was so cold i couldn't feel my legs and i didn't even dare wake my kids up at 2:30am to make them sleep in a freezer. The paint on the walls was peeling off and the smell was like a pig pen.I went to take a leak in the washroom but as soon as i opened the light i saw mold all over the ceiling so i held it and left the building asap. So after a few hours of looking for a place we managed to get a room at Midtown Motel and Suites as soon as i got the room i walked into a completely renovated room this place looked and felt like a Hilton is was soooo comfortable i couldn't beleive it.
So i got my family to move in and we giot cozy once we got settled in we wanted to take a shower but needed more towels i called the front desk and was answered by a very curtious and kind gentleman even though it was almost 5 am he gave us more towels and even gave us more blankets cause my wife sleeps with 20 blankets on our bed. After our first day we went shopping and our car broke down we took a cab back at the hotel and again were greeted with an extra ordinary service the gentleman at the front desk offered us coffee and talked with us after a few hours of waiting for our car we found out it needed emergency repairs so we took a room for 3 days. We were so well received that we later stayed for a 2 week vacation for the first three days we had room 203 but for the other 11 days we stayed in the suite and i have to say it has been my best vacation in Moncton in my 30 years of going to moncton every holidays with my familly .

The people that work there are amaizing and the friendliest i have ever seen in any hospitality service i know of i was even invited to have supper with Subhash's familly and have Indi food how great is that ! I for one will never go to any other motel as long as i go to Moncton and would Highly suggest to anybody to go visit midtown motel cause you will not find a better service nor better price !!!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank keeffer77
Connecticut
Reviewed January 3, 2010

I recently stayed in Moncton and i enjoyed my stay at the Midtown motel #106 . Its in the heart of the city, and is at a very affordable rate. The manangement is very grounded and the service was good. I dont know what those others were complaining about because i thought that the rooms were clean and comfortable.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo