“Great time at the Keg”

The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Moncton
Ranked #10 of 303 Restaurants in Moncton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Went to the Keg with my husband and daughter for steak and wine last night.Lucky for us Alexandre was our server.He was so much fun.He was hilarious throughout the meal.Kept us in stitches as he constantly brought us extra treats and things to try.
Best server ever not only at the Keg
but anywhere we've ever been.We went for a meal and he made it into an event to remember.

Date of visit: June 2019

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Been here lots of times, nice atmosphere, great service. Food and wine is expensive. My baseball steak was med rare as they can only cook that much due to size of steak. Good portion but was actually quite chewy. Came with a few options , I chose vegetables - lots of asparagus with 2 pieces of red pepper, thats it. Their special was a 6 or 8 oz sirloin with shrimp and scallops. Others had this, shrimp / scallops were very very tiny. 2 steaks were good, one chewy. Will likely return as we always do for a special occasion, hope next time is better.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed May 19, 2019 via mobile

We had gone here for the first time for our wedding anniversary dinner. We had an amazing server that made our dining experience enjoyable and relaxing by adjusting the times for our meals so we did not feel rushed to finish our appetizers. He ensured our steaks were cooked how we asked and checked on us frequently.

We had the garlic cheese toast and mushrooms neptune, both were very good. We each had the 7oz filet mignon, which was one of the best steaks we have both had in a long time. Cooked perfectly and how we requested. After finishing our meal we had stayed a minute to finish our drinks and was surprised with a very generous sized slice of billy miner pie to celebrate our special occasion. We couldn't have asked for a better anniversary dining experience and hope to be back for our next celebration.

Date of visit: May 2019
1  Thank Prpeach
Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

We had the stuffed mushroom caps to start and they were mouth-watering good! Main entree was garlic mashed potatoes with a pistachio-crusted salmon which was quite a large piece and VERY delicious too! Bf had a filet wrapped in bacon which was cooked perfect with the garlic mashed potatoes and loved both as well. The service is outstanding,the ambiance was great...the only downside is the price. One of the most expensive meals I've had with our glasses of wine thrown in on top of it all but the best meal I'd had in a long time. We will return but probably not too often because your wallet definitely takes a hit.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed April 7, 2019 via mobile

We arrived earlier than our reservation time but was advised that the bar seating area had tables and they’re similar to the dining area. We were starving so we opted to dine at the bar area. Our waitress was very friendly and she was very attentive. The bread came out hot and crispy with whipped butter. It was delicious and I even requested a se ons loaf! For starters, I had the pork dumplings with kimchi, they were very good and there was a citrus soy sauce for dipping. The Caesar salad wasn’t great. In my opinion it was over dressed, doesn’t include bacon and there were maybe 3 pcs of croutons, as the salad comes with my prime rib classic meal, I didn’t feel as bad not finishing it. However for $10 off the menu, I’d be sending it right back to the kitchen if I had to pay full price. It was definitely not worth $10. The prime rib was cooked perfectly medium. No complaints there! The only negative thing would be the timing of serving the food. We only had a few minutes to eat our starters and our whole entrees arrived. Which wasn’t ideal as my steak was getting cold while I had to finish my dumplings and bread.

Date of visit: April 2019