“slurping my noodles... Yum!”
Review of Tokai Ramen

Tokai Ramen
Ranked #37 of 285 Restaurants in Moncton
Reviewed March 11, 2018

Slurping is a must for noodles... Period...
Before heading to Tokai Ramen, watch a few YouTube videos about ramen joints to get an idea of what you may expect.
If it is your first time, I suggest going during an off-peak time so the restaurant has time to answer your questions.
Otherwise, the place is packed tight during supper service and your newbie experience will be left short.
The place is a long narrow seating hall with less than 20 table seats, 6 bar seats and 6 window seats.
Not the best atmosphere for a first date :-)
I like the in-and-out efficiency.
Perhaps a little too "Asian efficient" for date night with the fam jam...
The anticipated experience should not be equated with your favourite Thai or Vietnamese place.
Regardless of scenery, the food is top-notch.

My personal thoughts are:
I would want to add more spice or salt at my whim, and would prefer chili paste and soy available at the table.
We had the Suki Ramen, topped with savoury beef, and the spicy Orochong Ramen, topped with grilled chicken and vegetables.
The broth is deep and rich without too much salt or soy. It is very different from pho or wonton soup. Be prepared for a flavour experience!

Sadly, I was stuffed to the top with my ramen. I wanted to eat all night.
Lisa
Very very good.

Spring rolls were not the best I have had... Pass on those.

You will need to NOT be afraid to ask for whatever you may need.
This is NOT a North American restaurant where they anticipate your needs.
It is best regarded as an in-and-out... Get what you order and enjoy.
Ask for extra napkins (slurps will need to be wiped from your face), water and condiments, if your want them.

Reviewed November 22, 2017

This is another great addition to the food and culture available on Main Street in Moncton.Great service and fresh selections.

2  Thank Itellya
Reviewed November 11, 2017 via mobile

I have only recently "discovered" this place, walked by it so many times and thought "I'll check it out someday", but I never did until a friend suggested having diner there last week. Not the place you'd think of for a ladies' night out, but we enjoyed it a lot. I had the Moncton King, delicious and huge serving!
I went back for lunch yesterday, and tried the Nagasaki Jampong - it didn't disappoint, I loved it!
Service was great too. I was on my lunch break, the place was packed, but I was served promptly.
This is becoming one of my new favorite places in town! Reasonable prices, great staff and good food.

2  Thank L S
Reviewed October 6, 2017

The food is delicious, flavorful and the portions are big. My husband, who has celiac disease, was able to enjoy some chicken karaage which has a potato flour batter. Delicious and so much better than flour based batter. Prices are very good and service is excellent. I had the Suki Ramen and my husband had the Bibimbap. I would highly recommend this restaurant!

1  Thank Selenity29
Reviewed August 27, 2017

Ok so we come to Moncton just to go here! They owners/employees are amazing and kind, they are so sweet to our 2 year old and don't give us side eye when they see him coming! Haha. On top of that the ramen is delicious! Is always get the spicy chicken one, hubs has tried many of them and never disappointed! Yum yum yum! I can't wait to go back. A real gem in this city. Prices are more than fair as well.

1  Thank littlebug12016